Author Topic: TAR 30: Bitch, Moan, Squeal Here! (possible spoilers)  (Read 148749 times)

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 30: Bitch, Moan, Squeal Here! (possible spoilers)
« Reply #400 on: October 24, 2017, 11:16:29 AM »
No LA after 19 seasons, I'm okay with that even if they're still in California. Ironic that the last time this situation happened was TAR 11, which also had a finale in San Francisco.

Just want to say to all the detectives that the work you do every season is incredible. I've been reading this site for a couple of years, so it was so much fun to join and to watch the season play out.

:ty3:

S17 end in San Fransico

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #401 on: October 24, 2017, 11:20:18 AM »
No LA after 19 seasons, I'm okay with that even if they're still in California. Ironic that the last time this situation happened was TAR 11, which also had a finale in San Francisco.

Just want to say to all the detectives that the work you do every season is incredible. I've been reading this site for a couple of years, so it was so much fun to join and to watch the season play out.

S17 end in San Fransico

Nope, 17 was LA

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #402 on: October 24, 2017, 11:21:39 AM »

S17 end in San Fransico

Nope, 17 was LA

i mean season 16

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #403 on: October 24, 2017, 11:44:06 AM »

So glad you joined for real!    :bigwelcome
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline DavidJunior

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #404 on: October 24, 2017, 11:47:35 AM »
I gotta say, from my perspective on the ground, it looks like it'll be a good finale

Variety of tasks (physical challenge with kayaks, scary element with some type of base jumping in the Bay, riddles for clues, final memory (maybe?) task), cool venues and vistas, it seemed that team placement was shifting around quite a bit throughout the leg, and the craziness with the unpaid taxi drivers at the final destination!

Should be fun to see how things shake out on the show!

Offline jboy224

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #405 on: October 24, 2017, 11:59:09 AM »
I gotta say, from my perspective on the ground, it looks like it'll be a good finale

Variety of tasks (physical challenge with kayaks, scary element with some type of base jumping in the Bay, riddles for clues, final memory (maybe?) task), cool venues and vistas, it seemed that team placement was shifting around quite a bit throughout the leg, and the craziness with the unpaid taxi drivers at the final destination!

Should be fun to see how things shake out on the show!

The way u put it sounds way better than what I thought. I hope the taxi payment is like a team goes to the finish line and Phil tells them they have to go pay their taxi, then the 2nd team comes and he says the same thing then the third team comes and wins by default LOL

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #406 on: October 24, 2017, 12:05:09 PM »

S17 end in San Fransico

Nope, 17 was LA

i mean season 16

San Francisco did serve as the finish in TAR 16. However, TAR 16 started in LA, so this is the first time since season 11 that LA and southern CA are neither the start nor the finish.

Thank you TexasLady.

Online BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #407 on: October 24, 2017, 03:15:47 PM »
It's kinda sad that TAR filming has stopped for another season...

Let's have fun watching it however, when it comes to air!  :conf:

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #408 on: October 24, 2017, 05:01:43 PM »
I hope we go back to filming to the 2-season per year... I hope the viewership is so monumental that we get renewed for more seasons.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #409 on: October 24, 2017, 05:08:38 PM »
Yeah, I miss the fun of tracking the race live more often. :/

Offline Leilani

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #410 on: October 24, 2017, 05:50:26 PM »
I hope we go back to filming to the 2-season per year... I hope the viewership is so monumental that we get renewed for more seasons.

That would be awesome.  The past few seasons, real life has kept me from playing along with you all during the filimg.  It would be nice to have a chance to do it again.

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #411 on: October 24, 2017, 08:11:37 PM »

Hoping to wait for renewal next May if we could get back to two season(s) per year if any of new reality show flops.

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #412 on: October 24, 2017, 08:47:31 PM »
It would be historic for TAR to go back to the 2-season fliming per year. I agree with you Marionete, tracking the Race unfold twice a year has been a joy to do and having it once only per year means there's something lacking.

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #413 on: October 24, 2017, 08:53:48 PM »
It might not be a shared opinion.. This season has casted big names, popular names, semi-famous names, if I was in casting I would have completely casted full notable people. I would haved dropped the Lifeguards, Twins, Debaters and Ring Girls in lieu of more popular people. Surprised they got Indy, Skiers, NBA Players to do this and so did Team Jody who just finished BB 19. They could have casted Celebrity Chefs, Former Survivor Contestants preferably fan favorites, Talk Show Hosts, Singers, Olympic Athletes, Actors/Actresses, Writers and Astronauts We are in dire need of viewers to save TAR.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 09:07:23 PM by TARUSAFan »

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #414 on: October 24, 2017, 09:02:21 PM »
This mix gives me a similar vibe to Season 23's cast. 3 1/2 teams connected to pro sports (the half being Tim. He was a baseball player, but I'd guess because his backstory was his ex, we never heard about it).

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #415 on: October 24, 2017, 10:16:12 PM »
It would be historic for TAR to go back to the 2-season fliming per year. I agree with you Marionete, tracking the Race unfold twice a year has been a joy to do and having it once only per year means there's something lacking.

Yup. I loved tracking teams 3 times a year. I love the thrill of it even though I'm not great at the US seasons.
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #416 on: October 25, 2017, 07:02:27 PM »
First winter season since S11 that didn’t visit Germany or Switzerland

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #417 on: October 25, 2017, 07:43:10 PM »
It is not winter in Germany/Switzerland though. :P

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #418 on: October 25, 2017, 09:58:13 PM »
First winter season since S11 that didn’t visit Germany or Switzerland

It's fall/autumn right now in Europe. Winter doesn't officially start in December.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 10:38:32 PM by claude_24hrs »

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #419 on: October 26, 2017, 09:02:14 AM »
Regarding time of year, is this the first time they have filmed in October?

My recollection is that the Spring season was usually filmed between Thanksgiving and Christmas, and the Fall season was filmed in June/July.

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #420 on: October 26, 2017, 11:34:15 PM »

My recollection is that the Spring season was usually filmed between Thanksgiving and Christmas, and the Fall season was filmed in June/July.
TAR14 was filmed in late October right?

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #421 on: October 27, 2017, 02:57:38 AM »

TAR14 was filmed in late October right?
Yup, TAR14 was late October.

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #422 on: October 28, 2017, 09:34:52 PM »
Well, there goes the dream of visiting Australia, New Zealand or Fiji.  :groan: They can reserve that continent for next season if ever that happens which I do really hope we get another season. On the bright side a Thailand visit not limited to Bankok or Phuket is great, happy for Chiang Mai to be visited. Hong Kong again, why? it could have been Taiwan but if it means a night leg, I will have no problem. Night legs on Asian cities are  :conf: Here's to hoping the Pro Skiers & Indy 500 make the Final 3 and don't end up like Tiffany & Krista and Matt & Redmond.

That one thing Hong Kong is not on the original route for this season. Australia was included for the original route, but Hong Kong was a last-minute replacement as an alternate penultimate leg.

Online BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #423 on: October 28, 2017, 09:35:54 PM »
Well, there goes the dream of visiting Australia, New Zealand or Fiji.  :groan: They can reserve that continent for next season if ever that happens which I do really hope we get another season. On the bright side a Thailand visit not limited to Bankok or Phuket is great, happy for Chiang Mai to be visited. Hong Kong again, why? it could have been Taiwan but if it means a night leg, I will have no problem. Night legs on Asian cities are  :conf: Here's to hoping the Pro Skiers & Indy 500 make the Final 3 and don't end up like Tiffany & Krista and Matt & Redmond.

That one thing Hong Kong is not on the original route for this season. Australia was included for the original route, but Hong Kong was a last-minute replacement as an alternate penultimate leg.

Why did they replace Australia? :(

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #424 on: October 28, 2017, 09:48:31 PM »

Why did they replace Australia? :(

As the original route that could include Australia, there is no direct flights between Melbourne and San Francisco.