Author Topic: TAR 30: Bitch, Moan, Squeal Here! (possible spoilers)  (Read 148718 times)

Offline DavidJunior

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: TAR 30: Bitch, Moan, Squeal Here! (possible spoilers)
« Reply #250 on: October 15, 2017, 04:40:06 PM »
That's true

Unfinished Business was almost exclusively countries that had several to MANY visits, yet I remember enjoying it a lot (and it being generally well received), despite that fact.

It had memorable tasks, memorable teams, memorable rivalries, memorable locations, memorable mistakes, and many memorable moments

I think those things determine my enjoyment more than what country it happens to be in

Offline TARJr.

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #251 on: October 15, 2017, 08:27:52 PM »
I wish they could just have stayed in Johannesburg and made a leg there instead of going through the hassle of flying to Harare
Maybe the absence of signs is a sign.

Offline geographyknower

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #252 on: October 15, 2017, 09:50:37 PM »
I wish they could just have stayed in Johannesburg and made a leg there instead of going through the hassle of flying to Harare

I wish they could have stayed in Johannesburg and made a leg there, because there's a big population and I want some more spoilers  :spy:

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #253 on: October 17, 2017, 10:52:52 AM »
4 MM teams are marked at risk from Leg 4 onwards, and 1 of them is likely safe until Zimbabwe. :nut:

I'm thinking of a NEL for the Zimbabwe leg, if it really is on Leg 7 with 6 teams remaining. ??? So many teams out so early...

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #254 on: October 17, 2017, 01:08:07 PM »
I don't get the auto M/M hate? I do get that there's an abnormally high amount of them this season, but how do we know they aren't going to be awesome, likeable teams?

How do we know that the remaining teams aren't all unlikeable?

I just find it odd that teams are already disliked, while others praised, solely based on their gender make-up

Sometimes my favorite for a season is M/M, some times, M/F, and others it's F/F- I find it weird that so many people limit themselves to only one gender set, or at very least completely avoid another type of gender set
This. I'm actually rooting for the competitive eaters most having bumped into Joey Chestnut at a food fair once before. He is a genuinely nice and jovial person outside of his recognized activity. I can't wait to watch him and Tim travel around the world. But hopefully no eating tasks this season otherwise they'd have a huge advantage. :lol: I have yet to get a picture with him.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #255 on: October 17, 2017, 01:10:48 PM »
I wonder if Tim's kept on that luchadore face paint the whole way. Apparently it's his trademark thing whenever he competes :lol:

Guess he will for the first leg, anyway.

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #256 on: October 19, 2017, 02:02:07 PM »
A new countryyyy  :conf:

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #257 on: October 19, 2017, 02:42:29 PM »
Happy to see that Bahrain is confirmed after yesterday's confusion

New country  :trampb: :trampb: :trampb:

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #258 on: October 19, 2017, 03:18:38 PM »
I think at this rate even if we get China x2 - LAX I'm not mad at the route.  :bunny

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #259 on: October 19, 2017, 03:19:28 PM »
If they go to Nepal ...all is forgiven. :funny:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #260 on: October 19, 2017, 03:21:23 PM »
If they go to Nepal ...all is forgiven. :funny:

Well, Diwali would be over now. It's only a one day holiday. They still very well could :)

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #261 on: October 19, 2017, 03:34:35 PM »
^^  :pray: Considering Phil has wanted to visit, I hope it finally happens.

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #262 on: October 19, 2017, 03:47:17 PM »
BAHRAIN  :conf:

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #263 on: October 19, 2017, 04:22:18 PM »
I wish they went to Qatar over Bahrain, but who cares, it's a new country!  :conf:

Offline DavidJunior

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #264 on: October 19, 2017, 05:01:44 PM »
Eaters   :torche  :'( :'( :'(

Offline TARmap

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #265 on: October 19, 2017, 05:07:08 PM »
I wish they went to Qatar over Bahrain, but who cares, it's a new country!  :conf:

Qatar is kind of in a crisis right now. I'm really excited about seeing Bahrain though!  :conf:

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #266 on: October 19, 2017, 05:08:04 PM »

Qatar is kind of in a crisis right now. I'm really excited about seeing Bahrain though!  :conf:

Yes, it's not as stable at the moment, unfortunately. But still, as you said, new country! :D

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #267 on: October 19, 2017, 06:56:16 PM »
If the teams could go to the Philippines after Bahrain. So fingers crossed for my home country. Gulf Air has a direct flight from Bahrain to Manila. There is a connected flights to Manila via Abu Dhabi or Dubai.

So happy for Bahrain and a new country visited, a first for TAR franchise.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 08:59:22 PM by claude_24hrs »

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #268 on: October 19, 2017, 08:12:20 PM »
Eman is truly the Angel of Manama ~

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #269 on: October 19, 2017, 08:47:12 PM »
Quote from: Me the other day
...with one of your frequented Asian haunts for final 4!!

And spoke too soon :(

« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 08:05:32 PM by Maanca »

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #270 on: October 19, 2017, 08:59:55 PM »
It just dawned on me that Evan and Henry are the unfittest team still standing, yet they've now outlasted the competitive eaters, the basketball players, the buff violinists, and the firefighter twins.

Truly poetic justice for the new Vanck and Ashton ~

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #271 on: October 19, 2017, 09:53:37 PM »
Glad my winner pick, Indy 500, is still in it!

Glad we have 1 FF team left!

Glad we got a new country!
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #272 on: October 20, 2017, 12:35:53 AM »
I also don't want to be *THAT* person, but it's kind of funny seeing that, despite of how adamant the fans are of Jody doing well, they've been presumably near the bottom for 3 legs in a row (assuming they were 4th/5th/6th out of 7 teams in Czech, potentially 5th out of 6 teams in Zimbabwe after potentially getting U-Turned, and potentially 4th out of 5 teams in Bahrain).

I do like them preshow (despite the... interesting state of the speculation getting very very exhausting to stay excited for them), but if they actually did end up being a team that bottomgodded throughout most of the Race, it would be much better TV than blandly dominating the season.

Offline bluesoul

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #273 on: October 20, 2017, 02:46:12 AM »
I also don't want to be *THAT* person, but it's kind of funny seeing that, despite of how adamant the fans are of Jody doing well, they've been presumably near the bottom for 3 legs in a row (assuming they were 4th/5th/6th out of 7 teams in Czech, potentially 5th out of 6 teams in Zimbabwe after potentially getting U-Turned, and potentially 4th out of 5 teams in Bahrain).

I do like them preshow (despite the... interesting state of the speculation getting very very exhausting to stay excited for them), but if they actually did end up being a team that bottomgodded throughout most of the Race, it would be much better TV than blandly dominating the season.

Very nice observation gamerfan! It just shows how dominating other teams are with an exception of lifeguards who I think screwed up in this leg big time. They were 1st to start this leg! Jody would have been out had it not been due to this messup by lifeguards. Anyways, I don't think this screw up will happen everytime!
I honestly see Jody getting eliminated next cuz other teams just look so strong and have proved it also!

Offline GrandmawLily

• Sho2 BB updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #274 on: October 20, 2017, 03:02:58 AM »

Very nice observation gamerfan! It just shows how dominating other teams are with an exception of lifeguards who I think screwed up in this leg big time. They were 1st to start this leg! Jody would have been out had it not been due to this messup by lifeguards. Anyways, I don't think this screw up will happen everytime!
I honestly see Jody getting eliminated next cuz other teams just look so strong and have proved it also!

The bottom line is that a team doesn't have to win....they just have to not come in last! On some legs, where they are at the mercy of a  directionally challenged cab driver, or if there is a language barrier, the teams can't control those things....may times it's just luck.