Author Topic: TAR 30: Bitch, Moan, Squeal Here! (possible spoilers)  (Read 148706 times)

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 30: Bitch, Moan, Squeal Here! (possible spoilers)
« Reply #225 on: October 14, 2017, 02:40:59 PM »
Finally, a big jump in distance is happening! :lol:

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #226 on: October 14, 2017, 02:46:48 PM »
Welcome to The Amazing Race 30: Europe Edition!  :groan: :res:

:dick
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #227 on: October 14, 2017, 05:57:32 PM »
WHY GO TO ZIMBABWE WHEN SOUTH AFRICA IS RIGHT THERE!?  :groan: :dick

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #228 on: October 14, 2017, 06:02:02 PM »

Agree. Morocco and Zimbabwe were last visited not that long ago in TAR (25 & 27), I would like some new or not recenetly visited african countries like South Africa or Kenya.

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #229 on: October 14, 2017, 06:11:55 PM »
i actucal like the race couser if go to china i fine with it

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #230 on: October 14, 2017, 06:13:34 PM »
Might not end up being there. You know what happens a lot of times when they go to an African country. They land there, and then they immediately hop on a bushplane to somewhere out in the wild.

Dunno, if production apparently feels it's stable enough, a Zimbabwe return wouldn't be all that bad considering the first time was barely like 2 miles inside the country. This time going somewhere deeper into it.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #231 on: October 14, 2017, 07:39:40 PM »
This truly is TAR6 2.0 lol <3

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #232 on: October 14, 2017, 07:45:26 PM »
This truly is TAR6 2.0 lol <3

Now just please don't let it revisit the love locks Roadblock with HoH that screwed a personal favourite out of the final 3! :lol: Ugh, that was the worst, most unfair Roadblock ever IMO :(

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #233 on: October 14, 2017, 08:36:57 PM »

Why are you complaining when Zimbabwe has only been visited once? :lol:

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #234 on: October 14, 2017, 08:45:00 PM »

Why are you complaining when Zimbabwe has only been visited once? :lol:

Cause South Africa hasn't been visited since Season 7! Zimbabwe was visited in Season 25 so it is 'fresh'

OMG, that sounds SO cringey! :funny:

Offline DavidJunior

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #235 on: October 14, 2017, 08:56:15 PM »
I don't get the auto M/M hate? I do get that there's an abnormally high amount of them this season, but how do we know they aren't going to be awesome, likeable teams?

How do we know that the remaining teams aren't all unlikeable?

I just find it odd that teams are already disliked, while others praised, solely based on their gender make-up

Sometimes my favorite for a season is M/M, some times, M/F, and others it's F/F- I find it weird that so many people limit themselves to only one gender set, or at very least completely avoid another type of gender set

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #236 on: October 14, 2017, 08:59:33 PM »
One season is still less than the 3 visits by TAR as well as several other visits with international TAR. For me, if Zimbabwe is visited, I'm hoping for Harare because a Victoria Falls visit after TAR 27 would be too soon even if Zimbabwe is a lesser visited nation.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #237 on: October 14, 2017, 09:11:19 PM »
I don't get the auto M/M hate? I do get that there's an abnormally high amount of them this season, but how do we know they aren't going to be awesome, likeable teams?

I just find it odd that teams are already disliked, while others praised, solely based on their gender make-up

Sometimes my favorite for a season is M/M, some times, M/F, and others it's F/F- I find it weird that so many people limit themselves to only one gender set, or at very least completely avoid another type of gender set
I agree that I have loved teams of all gender types, but personally, 90% of the time I find myself rooting for F/F teams. Idk why actually.
And more often than not, I dislike M/M teams, although, for example I liked Matt & Redmon from last season a lot.

This is of course based on completely nothing, and has 0 proof or anything, but I feel like the Indy racers might be really boring, basketball players generally invisible and pretty bland as well, while there might be potential in violinists and eaters. But the latter, based on spoilers as well, is I think will be an underdog, bottomgod type team. :lol:

Just my 2 cents. But I would have loved the goat yoga moms to persevere and make it far. And ring girls seemed like a reall strong team, so I'm beyond surprised they were out first, and wanna find out why. :(

One season is still less than the 3 visits by TAR as well as several other visits with international TAR. For me, if Zimbabwe is visited, I'm hoping for Harare because a Victoria Falls visit after TAR 27 would be too soon even if Zimbabwe is a lesser visited nation.
VarshaShen on twitter is saying that Harambe will be a destination.
Make of it what you will, but she has been pretty accurate so far. ;)

Offline DavidJunior

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #238 on: October 14, 2017, 09:22:06 PM »
Can we call use the term #bottomgoddesses for all teams, regardless of gender?

It just seems to roll off the tongue better for me  :funny:

I’m praying that the Eaters are #bottomgoddesses that make it way farther than we’d expect- ala Dan and Andrew, the original bottom goddesses  :funny:

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #239 on: October 14, 2017, 09:24:53 PM »
Can we call use the term #bottomgoddesses for all teams, regardless of gender?
Absolutely!

I would find it hilarious is they skip Asia altogether if Oceania is such a high priority/basically confirmed. :D

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #240 on: October 14, 2017, 09:41:52 PM »
Not confirmed, but there was wide speculation pre-season that Fiji would be visited. And I'm really hoping for that!

I wonder if someone was behind the violinists and they got to u turn someone as well. Hopefully that saved them

Why do you want a team who was U-Turn'ed to be saved?

Personally while I know it's part of the game, I would rather someone go out for their own undoing than a U-Turn

well to be fair their own undoing was not making it to the uturn before the other teams (if they are gone).
Taking this here, because it doesn't belong in the speculation thread.

To be honest, I love that there's such a mechanic as a U-Turn in the race, because it adds a strategic element to the race, allthewhile not changing the overall spirit of the show. But yeah, it's usually sad when teams are eliminated purely because of a U-Turn. And even making it to the U-Turn board behind the pack doesn't mean that the particular team wouldn't have caught up before the pit stop if there was no U-Turn.

That was the main reason why people were mad at the U-Turns being placed before Detours in S29 - the teams making it to the board depended more on luck that ever. And so I hope that wasn't the case in Prague, although some people were speculating that.

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #241 on: October 14, 2017, 10:19:21 PM »
I think she means Harare, not Harambe  :funny:

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #242 on: October 14, 2017, 10:44:51 PM »

China is overused. I don't care how many times they go - it's been beaten with a stick. Find somewhere else to go. (That pretty much goes for the whole route. I haven't been following along as much as I want to, but this whole thing seems bland/overused?)
I thought that when we fought, I was to blame
Now I know you play a different game
I've seen you dance with danger; still wanting more
Add another number to the score

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #243 on: October 14, 2017, 11:42:46 PM »

China is overused. I don't care how many times they go - it's been beaten with a stick. Find somewhere else to go. (That pretty much goes for the whole route. I haven't been following along as much as I want to, but this whole thing seems bland/overused?)
?????

Iceland, Belgium, Morocco, Czech Republic, Zimbabwe

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #244 on: October 15, 2017, 07:57:00 AM »
Zimbabwe, underused but recently visited. Is this already confirmed? Still though, I would have preferred South Africa. A family friend went to Cape Town & Johannesburg recently and it is beautiful right now, it's spring. I would be surprised if they suddenly jump to Oceania, which I do hope happens. It's something new for the route.

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #245 on: October 15, 2017, 08:11:01 AM »

Interesting question, normally I would root for all types of teams. It varies per season. I look at the personality of the teams, the team dynamics, the bios and the type of relationship they have. I've been vocal about the F/F teams because a majority of them sucked in recent seasons from S.27 to S.29 with the exception of Tiffany & Krista who've made the Final 4. I miss the F/F teams that go all the way to the end or at least are finishing in the upper positions. I'm disappointed with the Ring Girls and Goat Yoga Instructors going out first back to back. So I'm hoping for the Pro Skiers to go further. The M/M team that I'm rooting for this season are the Indy 500 Racers because 1st, I am a car enthusiast, 2nd I' m a frustrated racer, I wanted to pursue that but it is an expensive sport or a hobby so I had to discontinue. I find the other M/M teams in this season have the alpha male written all over them such as the Violinists and the NBA Players. The Twins look bland to me, first impression they seem to be like Matt & Daniel, Idries & Jamil and Michael & Scott.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 08:19:17 AM by TARUSAFan »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #246 on: October 15, 2017, 01:23:36 PM »
 I met the Violinists at the airport, they were charming.  Just saying...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #247 on: October 15, 2017, 03:07:01 PM »
Haven't posted here in a while. :lol: A few things I want to say with the spoilers so far:

1. Yoga moms. :'(
2. Indy500, NBA, Eaters - 1 of them must still be in the Czechia leg. ??? I wonder who.
3. A spoiler about the W-turn! :faint: AMAZING!!! :funny: LOVE IT!
4. France is okay. I wasn't excited about it since it was used not long ago, but I can't cross them out from being good legs just because it's a recently used country. The locations are new though.
5. Go skiiers! :hoot:
6. I missed like 40 pages of the Speculation and Discussion thread. Looks like I'm not catching up to that. :funny:
7. Yay Czechia!  :wohoo:
8. Woohoo Zimbabwe!  :trampb:
9. I love this route so far! :hearts: Europe --> Africa --> Europe --> Africa (but please don't go back to Europe :lol: )

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #248 on: October 15, 2017, 03:33:29 PM »
Watch production pull a fast one and have three legs in South America lol.

Also I don't really care where they go as long as the tasks are GOOD. We've been to Vietnam plenty of times but last year's legs there were still good because the tasks were hard.

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #249 on: October 15, 2017, 04:39:32 PM »

Also I don't really care where they go as long as the tasks are GOOD.

...says the non-Canadian TARCAN naysayer.

On-topic: Great Zimbabwe or bust!