Author Topic: TAR 30: Bitch, Moan, Squeal Here! (possible spoilers)  (Read 149445 times)

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 30: Bitch, Moan, Squeal Here! (possible spoilers)
« Reply #125 on: October 08, 2017, 09:38:15 PM »
All 3 FF teams are first 3 teams out? Are you serious? I will not watch this season then.

To be fair, the F/F team slaughter, though not pretty, does not necessarily mean a bad season :P Look at TAR29!

That said, it's embarrassing how much the all-female teams have faltered since TAR25 ended lol. Production needs to cast stronger ones.

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #126 on: October 08, 2017, 09:47:01 PM »
can't wait for Switzerland and Germany next <3
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #127 on: October 08, 2017, 09:48:05 PM »
can't wait for Switzerland and Germany next <3

:funny:  :funny:  :haha Not the overused combo!

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #128 on: October 08, 2017, 09:53:06 PM »
The thing is, look at the occupations of the teams you named: TV hosts, models, cheerleaders, etc. Occupations that revolve around looking good, which doesn't exactly translate into racing ability. You get their opening intro where they pretty much say they're there to be eye candy ("we're going to use our looks to get ahead"). 21 to 25 we had that team archetype of "matching blonde women".

We appear to have had more of the right type this season, women with athletic backgrounds, and they're still looking like the first boots at this point. So I don't know what to say :(

A thing I can't understand with the US version, too, is why they seem hesitant to cast lesbian couples. Even in 26, the love season, they didn't take that perfect opportunity and cast 2 male gay teams.

Offline jboy224

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #129 on: October 08, 2017, 09:53:39 PM »
All 3 FF teams are first 3 teams out? Are you serious? I will not watch this season then.

To be fair, the F/F team slaughter, though not pretty, does not necessarily mean a bad season :P Look at TAR29!

That said, it's embarrassing how much the all-female teams have faltered since TAR25 ended lol. Production needs to cast stronger ones.
Think its more of they cast too many M/M teams this season atleast even it out , i mean the violenist and the indy and the basketball teams are gonna be hard to get out. I pray Jody can take them out one by one.  :conf:

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #130 on: October 08, 2017, 10:10:57 PM »
I don't think you can blame casting for women not doing well this season.

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #131 on: October 08, 2017, 11:21:36 PM »
The thing is, look at the occupations of the teams you named: TV hosts, models, cheerleaders, etc. Occupations that revolve around looking good, which doesn't exactly translate into racing ability. You get their opening intro where they pretty much say they're there to be eye candy ("we're going to use our looks to get ahead"). 21 to 25 we had that team archetype of "matching blonde women".

We appear to have had more of the right type this season, women with athletic backgrounds, and they're still looking like the first boots at this point. So I don't know what to say :(

A thing I can't understand with the US version, too, is why they seem hesitant to cast lesbian couples. Even in 26, the love season, they didn't take that perfect opportunity and cast 2 male gay teams.

You are on point here. We did have women with athletic backgrounds and still they flopped. That remains a mystery ???  There were women who were pretty but did strong in the past. Beauty Queens Dustin & Kandice and Home Shopping Hosts Brooke & Claire, Former NFL Cheerleaders Jaime & Cara. I'd add Doctors Nat & Kat as well. The only thing that I'm banking on is at least one of them gets through or has not been seen yet but it looks dim already.

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #132 on: October 08, 2017, 11:22:14 PM »

Think its more of they cast too many M/M teams this season atleast even it out , i mean the violenist and the indy and the basketball teams are gonna be hard to get out. I pray Jody can take them out one by one.  :conf:

There's too much Alpha M/M Teams in this season.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #133 on: October 09, 2017, 12:21:36 AM »
Oh yuck France again!

WE SAW IT IN SEASON 28 WAS WHY AGAIN!  :groan:

Oh well, at least it hasn't gone to the same city...

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #134 on: October 09, 2017, 01:26:43 AM »
As long as there's no high-altitude leg (which are awful most of the time), I'm okay with the France visit since at least its a new area :lol:

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #135 on: October 09, 2017, 05:11:00 AM »
I'm probably in the minority for this, but I'm finding this route rather uninspiring. Considering production's been sitting on this for a year, I would have thought they'd come up with a bolder route for 30. I feel these are all places I'd consider on a casual trip around Europe, not a challenging sprint around the globe.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 05:22:41 AM by ovalorange »

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #136 on: October 09, 2017, 06:08:31 AM »
I'm probably in the minority for this, but I'm finding this route rather uninspiring. Considering production's been sitting on this for a year, I would have thought they'd come up with a bolder route for 30. I feel these are all places I'd consider on a casual trip around Europe, not a challenging sprint around the globe.

Seconded.

Back to the same overvisited North African country just five seasons later, when Tunisia exists?

Back to the same region of France four seasons ago, when Bordeaux and Lyon remain unvisited?

It's this very cheapskate mentality that caused the show to lose three Emmys in a row.

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #137 on: October 09, 2017, 07:57:16 AM »
tunisia is unsafe in ways morocco isn't

agreed that there's too much of western europe though

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #138 on: October 09, 2017, 11:27:48 AM »
Just wanted to remark on the conflict in the Speculation threads this time, seems almost daily. I look forward to coming here each morning to see the latest, and today had to wade through 2 full pages of argument to find the useful stuff :(

I've been here now since TAR24 filmed and can't remember any of the seasons since having this much fighting.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #139 on: October 09, 2017, 11:49:54 AM »
Already addressed. Thank you for the concern. It is NOT going to be happening anymore.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline jboy224

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #140 on: October 09, 2017, 12:12:04 PM »
I'm so sad havent seen a jody sighting since morroco. I pray they are still in the race.  :conf: I'm hoping that the sightings we saw in france were taken after jody and the others already arrived earlier in the day.

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #141 on: October 09, 2017, 12:30:50 PM »
I'm so sad havent seen a jody sighting since morroco. I pray they are still in the race.  :conf: I'm hoping that the sightings we saw in france were taken after jody and the others already arrived earlier in the day.

Hang in there. It's been said here before...teams have been known to go off radar, only to show up again several legs later. There are too many variables to consider!

Offline jboy224

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #142 on: October 09, 2017, 12:54:04 PM »

Hang in there. It's been said here before...teams have been known to go off radar, only to show up again several legs later. There are too many variables to consider!
agreed, phil said many twists this year. Imagine if they come up with a new power , where whoever comes in first in a leg earns the power to instantly boot someone from the game?

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #143 on: October 09, 2017, 12:57:36 PM »
More than happy with at least 1 F/F team left standing. Pro Skiers sighted in St. Tropez. I thought they're all eliminated. Here's to hoping that the Pro Skiers make the Top 5.  :hoot:

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #144 on: October 09, 2017, 12:58:38 PM »
More than happy with at least 1 F/F team left standing. Pro Skiers sighted in St. Tropez. I thought they're all eliminated. Here's to hoping that the Pro Skiers make the Top 5.  :hoot:

Yes!!!
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #145 on: October 09, 2017, 01:03:56 PM »

agreed, phil said many twists this year. Imagine if they come up with a new power , where whoever comes in first in a leg earns the power to instantly boot someone from the game?

In other words, Australia's Salvage Pass. Would love to see the US try that.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #146 on: October 09, 2017, 01:17:29 PM »

lolwut  :funny: :funny:

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #147 on: October 09, 2017, 01:18:24 PM »
AND THIS IS WHY YOU NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!!

I'm ecstatic that they're still in :conf: :conf:

Offline ChiTown

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #148 on: October 09, 2017, 01:18:58 PM »

Yea can not see this ever happening. Phil does the eliminating and that's why it's a race

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #149 on: October 09, 2017, 01:30:17 PM »

Thank God, i am soo happy  :bunny