Author Topic: TAR 30: Bitch, Moan, Squeal Here! (possible spoilers)  (Read 148714 times)

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 30: Bitch, Moan, Squeal Here! (possible spoilers)
« Reply #50 on: October 03, 2017, 08:50:49 AM »
Of the 7 visits to The Netherlands 5 of which were all to the capital city, Amsterdam. Technically it was 6 visits, the one in S.19 was unaired. I don't mind visiting the The Netherlands as it is a beautiful country but Amsterdam again? I hope it is just a connection...

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #51 on: October 03, 2017, 09:35:00 AM »
On one hand: Amsterdam, Netherlands again?
On the other hand: The Netherlands with at least 10 teams? Cool!

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #52 on: October 03, 2017, 09:35:34 AM »
the last time we had amsterdam leg 2 was tar12 and that leg was ICONIC so i have hopes <3

Offline Calibound2

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #53 on: October 03, 2017, 09:44:09 AM »
I am also a long time BB live feeder (and new here). If you met me IRL you would never believe I was the type, but I love this show. I love seeing the opinion of "the casuals" (TV only folks) vs the crazy livefeeder. We see a very different show many times. IMO, when BB started this past season, Jess & Cody were two of my least favorites. I would say that was pretty much the general consensus.  But as the days/weeks wore on my opinion changed. Virtually none of the HG were playing to win the money. Only Paul the former & present 2nd place finisher & Jess & Cody.  Cody has views that I don't agree with, Jess is an interesting person with a very interesting backround.

As weeks woree on we got to see how awful the others HG were at BB. Why sign up to win 500K and a potential 3+ months away from your family to help someone else win. Other than Jess & Cody nearly all HG were in it to win it for Paul.  Made no sense. Then there were the taunts to try & trigger Cody's PTSD, just so ugly.  So even if I hate Cody's views on many things, I found myself rooting for "Jody." They come to play the game.  Jess is definately more "mouthy," but they both come to play & that will be fun to see imo.  Nice to meet you all. We are in NYC & my daughter & her friends went to the kick-off and had a blast.  I've only watched TAR sporatically over the years, but I am looking forward to next year, when this airs.

Welcome NYCMOM!  :conf:

I felt the same way first about Jess and Cody. My boyfriend didn’t watch the feeds and is just a casual viewer. He LOVED Jess and Cody. I remember giving him attitude and saying what I didn’t like about them and how the live feeds showed the real personalities. Then the house started bullying them even though they were the underdogs and already the next targets. I remember Cody going home and wishing for him to come back to take care of Paul. I love Jess and Cody from like week 2-3 on

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #54 on: October 03, 2017, 09:52:06 AM »
the last time we had amsterdam leg 2 was tar12 and that leg was ICONIC so i have hopes <3

Agreed. That was the leg of the ditch pole vaulting, lifting the furniture through the window (one of the moments I remember Kent & Vyxsin most for) and Ron being the controlling dad.

Wasn't high on the last one in 26, it was pretty much a Roadblock/Detour/Pit Stop leg, the kind I dislike the most. Hayley going ballistic with her lopsided helmet is the only thing that saved that episode for me.

Still kinda hoping this is just a transfer, though. Too many recent visits.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 09:56:12 AM by Maanca »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #55 on: October 03, 2017, 10:17:56 AM »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #56 on: October 03, 2017, 10:20:28 AM »
Or an AMS transfer onwards. ;)

... A what? (No idea what you're talking about.)
I thought that when we fought, I was to blame
Now I know you play a different game
I've seen you dance with danger; still wanting more
Add another number to the score

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #57 on: October 03, 2017, 10:22:44 AM »
I am also a long time BB live feeder (and new here). If you met me IRL you would never believe I was the type, but I love this show. I love seeing the opinion of "the casuals" (TV only folks) vs the crazy livefeeder. We see a very different show many times. IMO, when BB started this past season, Jess & Cody were two of my least favorites. I would say that was pretty much the general consensus.  But as the days/weeks wore on my opinion changed. Virtually none of the HG were playing to win the money. Only Paul the former & present 2nd place finisher & Jess & Cody.  Cody has views that I don't agree with, Jess is an interesting person with a very interesting backround.

As weeks woree on we got to see how awful the others HG were at BB. Why sign up to win 500K and a potential 3+ months away from your family to help someone else win. Other than Jess & Cody nearly all HG were in it to win it for Paul.  Made no sense. Then there were the taunts to try & trigger Cody's PTSD, just so ugly.  So even if I hate Cody's views on many things, I found myself rooting for "Jody." They come to play the game.  Jess is definately more "mouthy," but they both come to play & that will be fun to see imo.  Nice to meet you all. We are in NYC & my daughter & her friends went to the kick-off and had a blast.  I've only watched TAR sporatically over the years, but I am looking forward to next year, when this airs.

Welcome NYCMOM!  :conf:

I felt the same way first about Jess and Cody. My boyfriend didn’t watch the feeds and is just a casual viewer. He LOVED Jess and Cody. I remember giving him attitude and saying what I didn’t like about them and how the live feeds showed the real personalities. Then the house started bullying them even though they were the underdogs and already the next targets. I remember Cody going home and wishing for him to come back to take care of Paul. I love Jess and Cody from like week 2-3 on

:welcome2: to RFF NYCMOM!  I did not watch this season so really appreciate your insights. Live feeds are way different from the show...

Could you do us a little summary?  Probs with others, controversy, best strengths? I was unaware of his PTSD...very sorry to hear that and hope the race does not aggravate it. Anything more would help those of us who did not watch  understand them better!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #58 on: October 03, 2017, 10:37:48 AM »
You can't say that They're going to Amsterdam. Amsterdam is the only major airport for the entirity of the Netherlands so it could be anywhere but I'm praying it's a connection as the Netherlands is too overused. A nice train ride to Bruges would be apreciated.

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #59 on: October 03, 2017, 10:41:07 AM »
You can't say that They're going to Amsterdam. Amsterdam is the only major airport for the entirity of the Netherlands so it could be anywhere but I'm praying it's a connection as the Netherlands is too overused. A nice train ride to Bruges would be apreciated.

This is plausible, this opens up Belgium as a potential visit. I'd love Bruges or Antwerp.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #60 on: October 03, 2017, 01:28:35 PM »
Bruges is the most beautiful place I've ever visited, so having it on the race would be a dream. <3
It looks a lot like Venice though, so idk if they would do that after last season went there.

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #61 on: October 03, 2017, 02:01:51 PM »
BELGIUUUMMMMMMMM!!!!!

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #62 on: October 03, 2017, 02:04:50 PM »
Sweet! Another one-time country! (TAR 19, the "muscles in Brussels")

This route is already delivering in a big way.

Offline DavidJunior

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #63 on: October 03, 2017, 02:05:38 PM »
Loved Antwerp Centraal Station, I took some pics of it from my recent trip to Europe, I'll try and post them

But the station alone was incredibly beautiful, and HUGE!

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #64 on: October 03, 2017, 04:20:26 PM »
Since this route is basically cherrypicking off of all of our hopes and dreams, dare I hope for West Africa in leg 3?  :conf:

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #65 on: October 03, 2017, 04:33:13 PM »
Since this route is basically cherrypicking off of all of our hopes and dreams, dare I hope for West Africa in leg 3?  :conf:

Brussels airline have many Western African destinations;

Accra
Abidjan
Banjul
Conakry
Cotonou
Dakar
Douala
Freetown
Kinshasa
Lome
Luanda
Oauagadougou
Yaounde

This means that we have a high chance of West Africa and I would hope for Dakar, Banjul, Accra & Abidjan.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #66 on: October 03, 2017, 07:19:50 PM »
Always good to see underused countries on TAR!

BELGIUM YESSSSS!!!

Is this route all about visiting the underused countries or something? First Iceland, then Belgium!

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #67 on: October 03, 2017, 08:23:16 PM »
I will lol if this route suddenly turns into Indiax2, Indonesiax2, and Chinax2 at the end of race <3

But love Iceland and Belgium.  :conf:
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #68 on: October 03, 2017, 09:35:55 PM »
I will lol if this route suddenly turns into Indiax2, Indonesiax2, and Chinax2 at the end of race <3

Hopefully this NEVER happens. Not overused Asian countries :groan:

I'd predict South Africa. They could also throw in Mauritius there into the mix. If that's so  :bunny Visits to Iceland and Belgium alone are  :conf: time for underused countries to shine!

« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 10:11:28 PM by TARUSAFan »

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #69 on: October 03, 2017, 09:49:43 PM »
Spain is also an underused country unlike the overused Spanish-speaking South American country of Argentina.

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #70 on: October 03, 2017, 10:08:04 PM »
Spain is also an underused country unlike the overused Spanish-speaking South American country of Argentina.

I'd love Spain! It is also undervisited.

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #71 on: October 03, 2017, 11:39:13 PM »
Usually rail travel is involved between Europe legs,
For convenient train travel, cities with direct train from Belgium should have high chances

Germany (Frankfurt / Cologne / Small towns like Bonn / Mainz / Heidhberg) (with self-driving)
Austria (Salzburg / Innsbruck)

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #72 on: October 04, 2017, 02:22:46 AM »
This route looks very legit... Hope they keep consistent

And yes finally belgium being visited  :bunny

I just hope that the execution is much better. Recently we had unique yet underused country only to see disappointment since the tasks and the execution was bad
what might have been

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #73 on: October 04, 2017, 02:33:24 AM »
So excited to see Iceland in gorgeous HD and a return trip to Belgium should be fantastic!
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #74 on: October 04, 2017, 04:31:38 AM »

LOL..
I doubt they will visit Indonesia this time because there's an active volcano, mount Agung curently at level 4 alert (the highest) and could erupt anytime. More than 140.000 residents have been evacuated. If it erupted, it could affect the flight to Indonesia, Australia, and Oceania. Some countries have issued travel warning to their citizens including US and Australia.