Author Topic: TAR 30: Bitch, Moan, Squeal Here! (possible spoilers)  (Read 148725 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
TAR 30: Bitch, Moan, Squeal Here! (possible spoilers)
« on: September 27, 2017, 10:12:06 AM »
Unconfirmed  (Now CONFIRMED)  Rumor of Cody and Jessica from BB19 being on TAR 30.

Based on the following tweet from a well known reporter during the BB Finale events, which was rapidly removed.

Feel free to Bitch, Moan, And Squeal with joy here.

Any ACTUAL spoiler info on this should go in the spoiler thread please.

:adevil

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is the place for general enthusiasm (or not...)   :funny:

Actual SPOILERS or DISCUSSION ON SPOILERS go in those threads please

'
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 11:42:36 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
Re: TAR 30: Bitch, Moan, Squeal Here! (possible spoilers)
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2017, 11:02:53 AM »
I actually don't buy it. :lol:
Maybe they were considered, but now that it's been made public, I'd be very surprised to actually see them racing.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2017, 11:39:42 AM »
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 11:48:13 AM by Platrium »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2017, 01:36:33 PM »
It's real! They are on!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2017, 01:42:11 PM »
Ok, I got proved wrong in such a short time span... :escape
Anyway, I'm pretty happy to see them on.

Offline TheRabbi

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2017, 02:17:18 PM »
I've never watched BB, but the folks at work who do say they are far less annoying than Brendan and Rachel.

I hope that is the only known team and it's a completely normal season other than them, such as seasons 16 and 20.

Offline Big Mother

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • Huge fan of TAR, BB & Survivor
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2017, 03:10:45 PM »
Jessica and Cody will be fun to watch. Jessica is gorgeous and full of pep, while Cody is a real stone-faced, never-cared, i-dont-wanna-be-here guy, but he's a fierce competitor. It should also be interesting to see if their relationship, which started in the BB house, can withstands the rigors of the race.
The World is Waiting For You

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2017, 03:16:48 PM »
The BB fans are split on this. Because of their edit, TV Onlies love them. Live-Feeders saw a different side and they aren't happy. Any way this plays out, it will be interesting.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2017, 03:21:02 PM »
The BB fans are split on this. Because of their edit, TV Onlies love them. Live-Feeders saw a different side and they aren't happy. Any way this plays out, it will be interesting.
As a live feeder myself in a past life  :D, I definitely trust the live feeders more than the TV only-fans. lol

I'm just meh on them though since I really didn't follow BB19 other whatever Julie and Rachel were tweeting lol
But with CBS hyping them up this much, it would be hilarious if they are an early elimination or are a boring, irrelevant team. lol

Offline Lexie

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2017, 03:26:49 PM »
As a live feeder, I can tell you they don't get along with anyone.  They pretty much hate all people in general.  Another site that keeps tallies of everything that goes on in the BB house all summer tallied that there were 30 fights in the BB house, and Jessica and Cody were involved in 26 (obviously most of them never made it on the show).  There were only 4 fights in the house after they were evicted.  This is not a couple that can work with other people.  Fortunately, I don't see them going far because they will literally be running this race by themselves (or they will be the first victim of the U-turn)

Offline TheBayAreaGuy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2017, 03:29:26 PM »
This is just pathetic that CBS and TAR producers still believe that crossovers increase ratings when that has only occurred once (TAR 7).

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2017, 03:32:45 PM »
As a live feeder, I can tell you they don't get along with anyone.  They pretty much hate all people in general.  Another site that keeps tallies of everything that goes on in the BB house all summer tallied that there were 30 fights in the BB house, and Jessica and Cody were involved in 26 (obviously most of them never made it on the show).  There were only 4 fights in the house after they were evicted.  This is not a couple that can work with other people.  Fortunately, I don't see them going far because they will literally be running this race by themselves (or they will be the first victim of the U-turn)

Which will quite possibly then translate into them being rude to locals everytime they don't get their way :(

Offline Lexie

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2017, 03:37:37 PM »
They will be the epitome of "ugly Americans"

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2017, 03:41:56 PM »
This is just pathetic that CBS and TAR producers still believe that crossovers increase ratings when that has only occurred once (TAR 7).
Like you said in the other thread, this is more about brand-building by CBS than hopes of increasing the ratings in any meaningful way. From the various interviews over the years, Moonves and TPTB at CBS are apparently very involved in almost all aspects of the show (locations, but casting especially). Almost to the point that Bertram and Elise have to reluctantly agree. At least, that's the impression I got from many interviews where they mention Moonves.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2017, 06:20:02 PM »
I've never watched Big Brother and followed it on the site, so seeing them in TAR will be great!

I can then have an OPINON of them.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2017, 09:47:55 AM »
To be fair to CBS trying to boost ratings, this may be a wise decision - BB19 had an ENORMOUS audience (it dominated the entire summer TV ratings wise unless Game of Thrones was on) and doing a crossover as soon as possible while the season is still fresh in most viewers' minds may benefit us in the long run. They could even air this season with Celebrity Big Brother or air the premiere on that season's finale.

The potential is there.

Offline Leilani

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2017, 11:28:55 AM »

I refuse to pay for the feeds, but I read the updates daily.  I'm not sure that using the number of fights in the house is a fair assessment of them.  Yes Cody was a jerk during his HoH that first week.  Telling Megan that he nominated her for eviction because he didn't like her was uncalled for.  However, the majority of the fights didn't appear to be caused by Cody or Jess but were instead instigated by Paul and company.  I'm also not sure you can judge how they'll treat people on the race by the way they acted in the house.  Sure they should have been nicer and not have secluded themselves, but considering the negativity and hostility directed at them I can't really blame them.  I guess it depends on which camp you're in as to how you make the comparison.  If you thought that the negativity and hostility was the result of how they were acting; then, they're going to be awful racers.  If you thought that their actions were in response to the negativity and hostility; then, they're going to be competitive fun to watch racers.  If you're in the middle like me and don't know or care which came first, the chicken or the egg; then, it's a toss up.

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2017, 05:36:44 PM »
*insert eyeroll emoticon* @ stale NYC

Should've just started in Philadelphia and given teams the choice of self-driving to either Newark or JFK.

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2017, 08:13:17 AM »

I refuse to pay for the feeds, but I read the updates daily.  I'm not sure that using the number of fights in the house is a fair assessment of them.  Yes Cody was a jerk during his HoH that first week.  Telling Megan that he nominated her for eviction because he didn't like her was uncalled for.  However, the majority of the fights didn't appear to be caused by Cody or Jess but were instead instigated by Paul and company.  I'm also not sure you can judge how they'll treat people on the race by the way they acted in the house.  Sure they should have been nicer and not have secluded themselves, but considering the negativity and hostility directed at them I can't really blame them.  I guess it depends on which camp you're in as to how you make the comparison.  If you thought that the negativity and hostility was the result of how they were acting; then, they're going to be awful racers.  If you thought that their actions were in response to the negativity and hostility; then, they're going to be competitive fun to watch racers.  If you're in the middle like me and don't know or care which came first, the chicken or the egg; then, it's a toss up.

I am in the same boat as you - I don't watch US feeds, but follow the Updaters. I think your assessment is spot on. I would just like to add for those that aren't aware, there were periods when Jessica and Cody were separated and had to play individually. (Cody was evicted, won a buy-back, Jessica evicted, then Cody evicted 2nd time) Many fans believed they were better players and more sociable/likeable when apart. I think it's fair to say most of their hostility towards others resulted from trying to defend each other (to the point of their own detriment), so it will be interesting to see how that translates to TAR.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2017, 08:59:55 AM »
I honestly think they will be a great team with no controversy or rude behaviour whatsoever.
Cody might be emotionless again, but I definitely see Jess really appreciating the world around her.

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2017, 01:15:19 AM »
I honestly think they will be a great team with no controversy or rude behaviour whatsoever.
Cody might be emotionless again, but I definitely see Jess really appreciating the world around her.

Same here, I have not seen Big Brother US Version but to me, my first impressions are: Jessica looks enthusiastic and fun while Cody looks stiff. But since they're madly in love I do hope they are not a "standard dating couple". IMO most Dating teams I've seen on TAR were bland and uninteresting, few were memorable.

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2017, 02:29:42 PM »
ICELAND THEY TOOK THAT LONG TO GO BACK TO ICELAND

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2017, 02:38:31 PM »
Been lurking since earlier. :lol:

Iceland!!!  :conf: :trampb: :hearts: :cheer: :wohoo:

What I also like from this cast is that it's very diverse! Those occupations are very interesting!  :grins:

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2017, 02:44:59 PM »
I wonder if production is trying to bring in new viewers by casting a bunch of celebs.
Well, maybe calling them celebs is not the right word, but some are definitely known to the public.

I have to agree with Platrium, that I really enjoy the variety of occupations, though. :lol:

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2017, 02:55:20 PM »
i don't really like the diversity of the cast (age, ethnic, many 'celebs'), but so excited with the first destination. ICELAND  :conf: 
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 03:31:19 PM by Nyoman_SB1 »