Author Topic: TARC 5 EP 9 LIVE Updates and Episode Discussion 8/29/17  (Read 9752 times)

Offline CanadianOwl

• RFF Full Member
Re: TARC 5 EP 9 LIVE Updates and Episode Discussion 8/29/17
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2017, 07:59:46 PM »
Korey & Ivana have tied the Beekman record of most second-to-last finishes in a race with 6

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2017, 08:00:11 PM »
We are back and Andrea gets a check.

She is wrong.

Ivana gets a check. She is correct they are in fourth.

Andrea now gets another check and she is correct.

Andrea: I hope KI are on their way to another province LOL

KI arrive though to the pitstop in fourth!

AA arrive to the pitstop in last. They are eliminated from the race. :(

AA getting a recap video montage <3 A hint for a future AS season?

Next time: Fly to Sault St Marie.

Fishing Detour, Llama is the other side it appears.

Faceoff Crockicurl.

Bugs in a case rb like fear factor, wtf?

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2017, 08:01:54 PM »
So this makes Sam & Paul the first of this version to get U-Turned and still win a leg.

Sucks that Bill and Cathi's record had to be overtaken ~ (Paul and Steve don't count since theirs occurred before a flight to another country on the same leg).

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2017, 08:02:26 PM »
Korey & Ivana have tied the Beekman record of most second-to-last finishes in a race with 6

If they somehow pull off the win, it'd definitely be a Beekman-style victory

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2017, 08:03:14 PM »
Yay @ the Cavaleris getting Pierre and Michel's elimination theme, but bleh @ another insect task in Ontario after that FF two seasons ago.

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2017, 08:08:52 PM »
I'm shocked Adam and Andrea are out. Andrea delivered some great one-liners this episode.

I was sold on Karen and Bert being eliminated but happy they survived.

Korey and Ivana keep surprising me. I thought early on that they would be saved by a non-elimination but they didn't. I predicted them to place 7th and, ever since 7th, they still find a way to be in it despite the directions/bad luck. Amazing....

Need them back for all-stars.
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2017, 08:11:24 PM »
I think we may have the smallest town in the history of TAR on this episode? The RB was in the town of Caron with a population of 120.

Nah. Woody Point in Gros Morne Park, which Jon didn't name on air. The NL Detour/Speed Bump. Like 50 people, but it's a preserved village

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2017, 08:21:02 PM »
I'm shocked Adam and Andrea are out. Andrea delivered some great one-liners this episode.

What's so shocking about a strategically effective U-Turn (or an admittedly bland edit, for that matter)?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2017, 08:47:58 PM »
I loved their relationship... friends and sibs. VERY sorry to see them go....
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2017, 09:37:46 PM »
Guess that explains the no sightings on this leg. Rural communities and they basically hit the highway after every task.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2017, 01:09:30 AM »
YAY KAREN AND BERT SURVIVIUED!!! :conf: :conf:

This leg was WORSE than I thought! Beekeeping task, Campbell's Soup task and the horse auction :groan:

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2017, 04:35:00 AM »
What an odd leg. Surprised about KB surviving the leg, and AA being eliminated. What a weird few days about strong teams being actually knocked-out by a power that race provides to the racers. In some ways that's how it should be used. Brings me memories of Seth and Olive, being eliminated so early into TAR29. Set-up wise I like that there was a W-Turn available in a leg that also featured a Speed Bump, it does allow teams to play with placements and all.

I think the unlimited Uturns uses, stopped bothering me. It was weird, because I was used to the old way, but I kind of like this now. Producers want the boards to be used, so they might shake things up, not left unused. More aggressive racers are more likely to be using the Uturns provided in early legs if they are unlimited, instead of trying to save the power for later. And at least the board is after the completion of a Uturn task, not before.

As an SP fan, was really exciting seeing them being U-turned, yet being able to finish first.

KI matching the Beekman records has been fascinating, from the way they were framed when introduced this season, I was fully expecting them to be one of those physical teams that would excel and almost dominate the race, yet this is not what has happened.

I think we are not that far away from a possible All Stars season. Hoping for it. They've been bringing some old teams back, including S1,  to be featured in that Kristen and Steph commentary series that they upload to the CTV website.

Offline marianab

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2017, 04:39:10 PM »
Hi there! I am a huge fun of TAR and TAR-Canada. Unfortunately, on the last episode (Season 5 - Episode 9) I noticed that when the wall made of cans fall from Korey & Ivana, they show that they fall away from them, but then on the replay, they show that they fall towards them!!! Can anybody explain this??

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2017, 04:41:02 PM »
Welcome to RFF, marianab!

Offline marianab

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2017, 08:10:53 AM »
Hope so...

Offline maf

• RFF TAR Chronicler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2017, 11:45:50 AM »
Hi there! I am a huge fun of TAR and TAR-Canada. Unfortunately, on the last episode (Season 5 - Episode 9) I noticed that when the wall made of cans fall from Korey & Ivana, they show that they fall away from them, but then on the replay, they show that they fall towards them!!! Can anybody explain this??

I would say that they had multiple collapses. The first fall away from them occurred when they were looking at the upside-down can. But on the replay, when it falls towards them there is no upside down can, so that probably happened after.

Similarly I think they left out a horse auction. Kenneth & Ryan said that it was todays first horse. Next we are shown Korey & Ivana who present theirs as lot #3. So there seems to have been one more in between.