Author Topic: CBS is buying TEN!! Australia News!  (Read 4025 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
CBS is buying TEN!! Australia News!
« on: August 27, 2017, 09:17:09 PM »
The troubled Ten Network will be purchased by the US-based broadcasting giant CBS.

Ten Network's receivers, managers and voluntary administrators have confirmed that CBS has entered into a binding agreement to buy the broadcaster's business and assets.

In addition to Ten's free to air assets, CBS will launch its digital subscription video on-demand service CBS All Access to counter the growth of streaming services like Netflix, Stan and Amazon Prime Video.

The company recently unveiled plans to make the service available in Canada next year.

read more here: http://www.msn.com/en-au/money/company-news/ten-network-to-be-purchased-by-us-giant-cbs/ar-AAqOt0I
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
Re: CBS is buying TEN!! Australia News!
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2017, 10:45:25 PM »
I guess this good news....

Anyway TAR is shown on Channel 7 and Survivor is on Channel 9...

So, I wonder if these two will move to Ten! ???

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2017, 10:59:39 PM »
Who knows, Bourkie :) This could be a step toward TAR Australia back for a 4th!

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2017, 11:54:11 PM »
Who knows, Bourkie :) This could be a step toward TAR Australia back for a 4th!

Oh if only!!!

I am still dreaming! :)

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2017, 01:19:54 PM »
More interestingly a few articles mention the possibility of CBS producing local version of their programs instead of simply importing their American productions. I would assume TAR would be a possibility.

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2017, 05:15:40 PM »
More interestingly a few articles mention the possibility of CBS producing local version of their programs instead of simply importing their American productions. I would assume TAR would be a possibility.

Or NCIS: Sydney :funny:

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2017, 09:29:10 PM »
Articles definitely mentioned possible local versions of NCIS and CSI. lol

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2018, 08:06:52 PM »
Channel Ten has lost a MASSIVE deal today! It has given Ten 1 billion dollars to spare. It has lost the Big Bash League.

This COULD be good news for both TAR Australia and Australian Survivor, cause now Ten have more money to invest in other shows!

Under the deal, it's expected Pay TV provider Fox Sports will have exclusive rights to some BBL matches while simulcasting Tests and limited overs matches.

A disappointed Network Ten chief executive Paul Anderson confirmed their offer had been rejected on Friday morning, after having televised the emergent Big Bash League for the past four summers.

"We are disappointed that our bid for the cricket television rights was rejected," Anderson said in a statement.

"Network Ten turned the Big Bash League into the television phenomenon it is today and one of the most popular sports in Australia, a sport that all Australians were able enjoy for free.

https://www.theherald.com.au/story/5340487/nine-and-ten-lose-cricket-to-seven-foxtel/?cs=4783

We KNOW that Australian Survivor is come late this year, but could TAR Australia make a rise next year? This is NOT CONFORMED of course, but just speculation! Thoughts?

(Hope this is OK Peach!)

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2018, 04:50:48 PM »

"Television Critics Association press tour in Los Angeles the streaming platform's president and chief operating officer Marc DeBevoise said it would launch here in the fourth quarter of the year. That means the local market's two leading streaming platforms Netflix and Stan could have a new competitor as early as October.

Speculation among US media, however, suggests December is more likely. DeBevoise's comments echo those of CBS president Les Moonves who last week said the platform was "getting ready to expand into Australia."

https://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/tv-and-radio/nine-network-announces-australian-open-hosts-20180809-h13qn2.html
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.