Author Topic: Would you love the idea of having old teams from seasons 1-10 racing again  (Read 3022 times)

Offline NancyandEmilyfan

• RFF Not So Newbie
With all the gimmick seasons there are , would you like the idea of having old teams from classic seasons coming back and competing once again?

I would love this idea. It would be a change of pace from some of the current seasons. Some of the teams I like and would love to see them racing again. Maybe it's TAR nostalgia , but I'd love for it to happen.

Some teams I'd love to see again :

Chuck and Ryan
Uchenna and Joyce
David and Mary
Paul and Amie
Ray and Deana
Kevin and Drew
Rob and Amber

Here are some I wish I could see compete again but I know won't happen:

Merideth and Gretchen
Dave and Margaretta
Ron and Kelly (as friends this time)
Nancy and Emily

Offline NancyandEmilyfan

• RFF Not So Newbie
I know I omitted a few

Season 2 because I never saw it so I can't speak for that

Season 4 because the cast is no good. There are no teams from this season I'd like to see again.

Season 5 because I have never seen it.

Season 6 because as with season 4 , the cast was bad. I don't want to see any of these teams on my television screen again.

Season 8 because that season doesn't exist to me.

Season 9 because no teams are that memorable. The only team I'd love to see again would be Fran and Barry. Everyone else is meh or terrible.

Offline nrh2110

• RFF Full Member
I know I omitted a few

Season 2 because I never saw it so I can't speak for that

Season 4 because the cast is no good. There are no teams from this season I'd like to see again.

Season 5 because I have never seen it.

Season 6 because as with season 4 , the cast was bad. I don't want to see any of these teams on my television screen again.

Season 8 because that season doesn't exist to me.

Season 9 because no teams are that memorable. The only team I'd love to see again would be Fran and Barry. Everyone else is meh or terrible.

I'd definitely go and see 2 and 5 as soon as you can. 5 is one of the best seasons out there (universally considered around here usually as top 3) and 2 was great too.

Also I disagree that Season 9 had no teams that were memorable. Eric and Jeremy still hold the record for the strongest team to ever compete on the race, and, outside of this forum, BJ and Tyler are well-loved and make many lists for the most memorable teams ever because of the way they raced. Honestly, 9 had one of the best casts out there.

Offline NancyandEmilyfan

• RFF Not So Newbie
I never liked the season 9 cast one bit. Unpopular opinion , yes , but nearly all the teams rubbed me the wrong way. The seasons with the best cast go to 3 , 1 , and possibly the most " complete" cast , 7.

Season 7 had all you could ever want in the race. Everyone was likeable (save for Rob and Amber and Susan and Patrick). You had fun guys Ryan and Chuck who unfortunately were eliminated first. Uchenna and Joyce always having a positive attitude and being a loveable team. There's Merideth and Gretchen , who were the older couple everyone loved. Pleasant people whose personalities made them all the more loveable.
Ray and Deana were at odds with each other at times but managed to focus and concentrate on the race. Then there's Rob and Amber. They're the most hated team of this season. No team liked them and the methods they used to get ahead. Not stopping to see if Brian and Greg were ok is what turned me off to them.

With that in mind , you have the greatest amazing race season of all time

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
We SO need to see some teams past 11!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
I think Season 5 is prob the most Epic TAR season ever. See it as soon as you can!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
Kevin & Drew (hopefully not ill this time)
Ken & Gerard
Derek & Drew
Jon & Al
Linda & Karen
Lori & Bolo
Lynn & Alex
Brian & Greg
Billy & Carissa
BJ & Tyler
and of course, Dustin & Kandice
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
You said you hadn't seen any TAR after s11, surely you should watch them first.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
Who, me? Not me.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
No the person who created the thread.