Author Topic: TAR Canada 5: Ep 6 LIVE DISCUSSION THREAD 8/8/17  (Read 10692 times)

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR Canada 5: Ep 6 LIVE DISCUSSION THREAD 8/8/17
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2017, 09:45:08 PM »
WHAT is the point of a Double U-Turn if you are going to have a NEL??   :gaah:

I think it's better than having the U-Turn and the Speedbump on the same leg
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2017, 11:16:50 PM »

Both are awful. ugh.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2017, 09:08:59 AM »

Both are awful. ugh.

Neither are as bad as having the Speedbump and Face Off on the same Leg though!  :groan:  -  The Face Off is just BLAAAAAH ... full stop!  :haha
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2017, 10:30:22 AM »
Just re-watched the episode, and it's a lot better on second viewing.  The placements constantly changed, and every team was in 1st at least once.

The RB wasn't that exciting, and it didn't really affect the placements, but the Tulips changed up the placements as well, so overall I enjoyed it.

Wasn't keen on the U-Turn alliance, but I'm looking forward to the drama next Leg.

Think I'm starting to like Kenneth & Ryan now too. Never thought I'd be saying that!  :lol:

Probably one of the weaker Legs so far, but by no means a bad one.  Hopefully this Season continues to hold up, just hoping Sam & Paul or Adam & Andrea are eliminated next.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2017, 10:43:25 AM »
Noooo! :ascared: They are two of my faves!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2017, 11:01:00 AM »
Noooo! :ascared: They are two of my faves!

Really??  :o  :lol:  I wouldn't say I dislike them, I just like everyone else more I guess.  But I think Sam & Paul can come across very cocky at times.  There was a bit in this Leg where Bert failed the exam and they erupted in laughter, and I didn't really think there was any need for it.  They're just rubbing me up the wrong way I guess.  :lol:  AND I really wanna see them fall below 4th to get a taste of what it's like to be at the bottom.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2017, 11:06:08 AM »
Adam & Andrea are showing the most final 3 potential. They've only had one leg below 3rd, the 7th in McMurray.

We're finally starting to see the conflict between these teams show and alliance talk. U-Turns tend to bring that out.

Kenneth & Ryan seemed grumpier than usual, the repeated complaints about the girls. Jet lag probably, this was a massive distance to fly.

Offline CanadianOwl

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2017, 01:21:00 PM »
Wonder who ole Mustard man was reading to find the teams? :funny:

Apparently the U-Turn board was a big spoiler, and it made the rounds in Ottawa when it was being filmed. Johnny probably knew that his brother was racing, and took a chance at trying to spot his brother near the U-Turn, and he did (or rather, Ryan spotted him). This is information from a reddit comment from a person claiming to be a family friend of Give'r

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2017, 07:20:19 PM »

Apparently the U-Turn board was a big spoiler, and it made the rounds in Ottawa when it was being filmed. Johnny probably knew that his brother was racing, and took a chance at trying to spot his brother near the U-Turn, and he did (or rather, Ryan spotted him). This is information from a reddit comment from a person claiming to be a family friend of Give'r

I'm surprised more family members and friends didn't "accidentally" show up.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2017, 07:27:09 PM »

Thank CTV's Ottawa station for that :lol:

They actually put out a tweet inviting people to come down to the market and see the U-Turn board the day before the racers. Must be like the first time CTV themselves spoiled a filming location.

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2017, 08:26:08 PM »
Per the Official Facebook page, there might have been an edited out task of underwater hockey (or it might be next leg). Though it says digital exclusive. Weird.

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2017, 11:46:36 PM »
Per the Official Facebook page, there might have been an edited out task of underwater hockey (or it might be next leg). Though it says digital exclusive. Weird.

It says it was Gatineau on the show site. I found it very odd too, especially since those interactive 360 videos are few and far between.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2017, 11:52:07 PM »

It says it was Gatineau on the show site. I found it very odd too, especially since those interactive 360 videos are few and far between.

It is Gatineau Quebec. That was not visited this leg, right?  ???

http://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ctv.ca%2Ftheamazingracecanada&h=ATNRrRt03FPirN7ckskpALNpmF3RGNIGdjGDh6aWbaas-D1jPYLsfvis7Nf4tSLZcgBNJBtciAyoa4souk5izgKwcU2OYNzSrD1Qd_b0-wJGsLCUWBUBqy4a_shhFSxEUy8HeoeyQIq6
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2017, 11:58:58 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ESpY95IJMOI" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ESpY95IJMOI</a>
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2017, 12:04:41 AM »
Oh never mind... it is only 12 min away lol.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2017, 12:18:49 AM »
Could easily be start of next week I guess? Since we are getting a vid and all?   :swim
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2017, 07:30:17 AM »
Gatineau is where the Cdn Museum of History (the Pitstop) is.
I still think it's odd. If they wanted to do a 360 for the 150 (LOL) why not do the Mountie Musical ride??? That would have been fabulous.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2017, 12:22:04 PM »
So...this WAS a deleted scene from Ep 6. Bummer.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline CanadianOwl

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2017, 02:14:36 PM »

After the detour teams are shown reading their clue instructing them to the museum. So where does this fit in?

We never actually saw the teams read the clue after the U-Turn, they just cut to the museum on the first go and cut them off the rest of the time. Andrea & Ebonie were shown on a Quebec highway between the U-Turn board and the museum, which wouldn't make sense if they went straight to the museum (but would if they got lost, an unlikely scenario considering they got to the museum not too long after Give'r), since the museum is directly across from the river that divides Ottawa & Gatineau, but would make sense if the pool was between those tasks.

My guess is that the the pool task was between the U-Turn and Museum.

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2017, 03:44:02 PM »
If this aquatic RI were indeed part of the sixth leg, then the task count would amount to three (A)RIs, a Roadblock, and a Detour.

Per Occam's Razor, that's far too many challenges to fit feasibly into a single episode, so it'll probably appear as the first task of Leg 7.

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #45 on: August 14, 2017, 09:29:30 AM »

After the detour teams are shown reading their clue instructing them to the museum. So where does this fit in?

We never actually saw the teams read the clue after the U-Turn, they just cut to the museum on the first go and cut them off the rest of the time. Andrea & Ebonie were shown on a Quebec highway between the U-Turn board and the museum, which wouldn't make sense if they went straight to the museum (but would if they got lost, an unlikely scenario considering they got to the museum not too long after Give'r), since the museum is directly across from the river that divides Ottawa & Gatineau, but would make sense if the pool was between those tasks.

My guess is that the the pool task was between the U-Turn and Museum.

No, Karen reads it at the U-Turn board. "Drive yourself to the Museum of Canadian History."
I suspect this was a task they considered, but decided against. This seems like a task that would have made a good Face Off. Perhaps they changed their minds and decided to go with the Bowling Face Off in Leg 7. I also suspect these VR 360 videos were filmed well in advance of principle filming, so if there was a last-minute decision to switch out the tasks, this underwater hockey footage became irrelevant.
The thing is, these VR 360 extras have been few and far between. HOWEVER, production received a BellMedia FUND grant which covered interactive digital applications. They are obligated to post it.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 09:37:40 AM by WindsorSue »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #46 on: August 14, 2017, 11:41:30 AM »
If this aquatic RI were indeed part of the sixth leg, then the task count would amount to three (A)RIs, a Roadblock, and a Detour.

Per Occam's Razor, that's far too many challenges to fit feasibly into a single episode, so it'll probably appear as the first task of Leg 7.

No, as I said, it was deleted from the Ep 6 leg. So Sue, I do think it was filmed with cast...although impossible to tell who is doing the swimming here or if this was an earlier filming with mactors.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #48 on: August 24, 2017, 01:35:48 PM »
Just remembered there was a missed opportunity for a past racer cameo on this episode,  instead of the mayor, Jody Mitic from season 1 is an Ottawa city councillor. 

Jim Watson, eh, not as hip in the public eye as Naheed Nenshi.