Author Topic: TARC 5 Episode 2 LIVE SHOW DISCUSSION THREAD 7/11  (Read 7924 times)

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TARC 5 Episode 2 LIVE SHOW DISCUSSION THREAD 7/11
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2017, 05:32:20 PM »
Not a good leg, but a decent episode.

Karen & Bert are really going to be the light of a season post-Deb.

kaedav9

« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2017, 05:38:55 PM »

NOT A GOOD LEG??? Better than Leg-1 and was incredible! I loved it. If u really understood the fires and the connections and devastation u wood find it better! Besides, the tasks were pretty awesome! I liked the rb and 3 EP's untill K&R got all 3 :funny: :funny: :groan:

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2017, 06:10:13 PM »

NOT A GOOD LEG??? Better than Leg-1 and was incredible! I loved it. If u really understood the fires and the connections and devastation u wood find it better! Besides, the tasks were pretty awesome! I liked the rb and 3 EP's untill K&R got all 3 :funny: :funny: :groan:

If you like it then good for you but I don't consider giving three Express Passes at a generic adventure task for a Roadblock or firefighting vs. generic shooting task for the Detour good tasks by any stretch of the imagination. At least the helicopter math Route Info was okay.

Production is clearly having trouble planning legs in Canada. Just leave and go full-international already.

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2017, 07:04:05 PM »

If you like it then good for you but I don't consider giving three Express Passes at a generic adventure task for a Roadblock or firefighting vs. generic shooting task for the Detour good tasks by any stretch of the imagination. At least the helicopter math Route Info was okay.

Production is clearly having trouble planning legs in Canada. Just leave and go full-international already.

The point of TAR is interacting with foreign locals and overcome their language barrier, do unique tasks that aren't known in their country, and understand every culture you visit. But whatever, the tasks and locations in this TAR seem fine anyway (just so generic), and I like most of the cast however.

But whatever, your opinion is yours. Everything is not perfect.
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2017, 08:51:57 PM »

The point of TAR is interacting with foreign locals and overcome their language barrier, do unique tasks that aren't known in their country, and understand every culture you visit. But whatever, the tasks and locations in this TAR seem fine anyway (just so generic), and I like most of the cast however.

Going full international is never going to happen for two reasons: they have their niche; and budget. The latter is the major sticking point after the loss of Air Canada as the major sponsor.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2017, 10:16:26 PM »

However, the point of TAR:Canada is to celebrate everything that is Canadian
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2017, 12:36:36 AM »
They'd pretty much have to do what China did. It started out solely domestic (China Rush), then came back with the separate international franchise it is now. Maybe with producers and a host with a bit more toned-down patriotism. That way, they lose the close-minded niche and are free to advertise to a whole new one.

If CTV would even go for it, of course, since it would then be a complete copy of TAR US, which they also carry.

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2017, 12:41:59 AM »
They'd pretty much have to do what China did. It started out solely domestic (China Rush), then came back with the separate international franchise it is now. Maybe with producers and a host with a bit more toned-down patriotism. That way, they lose the close-minded niche and are free to advertise to a whole new one.

If CTV would even go for it, of course, since it would then be a complete copy of TAR US, which they also carry.

TAR Australia didn't have to go domestic, why? It is also similar to TAR US.
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2017, 12:50:02 AM »
yet watching this leg due  having low internet connection issue :lol: so waiting the encore in youtube or dailymotion, but three express pass to grab is utterly weird tbh, yes it's unique, but idk it's kinda strange to apply for

what might have been

Offline Pi/

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2017, 11:45:19 AM »
I loved the moments when each person was pulling their way on the hose during the Pump It detour.

Some racers really need gun safety lessons.
Karen & Bert taking time to thank the firefighters  :hearts:
“We inhabit a complex world. Some boundaries are sharp... but nature also includes continua that cannot be neatly parceled into two piles of unambiguous yeses and noes.” - S. J. Gould

“If you don't accept others who are different, it means nothing that you've learned calculus.” - Shirley Chisholm

Offline zuzuspetals

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2017, 04:18:45 PM »
My fave team is Adam and Andrea.  Cheering for them to win.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2017, 11:21:22 AM »
They actually drove more distance on this leg than I thought: 55 miles

Trying to understand how they were getting so lost in a city with only 1 highway out, I mapped the places.

Starting point = Airport
A = Roadblock
B = Detour
C = Heliport
D/E = Helicopter landing/Pit Stop

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2017, 11:09:39 AM »
Nice!!  Thanks!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.