Author Topic: The Big Brother Five - All Likeable?  (Read 2605 times)

Offline Car84

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV
The Big Brother Five - All Likeable?
« on: September 08, 2004, 08:39:03 PM »
We all know (or strongly suspect) that Karen's days are numbered.  But it occurs to me that I could stomach any one of the last five contestants of BB5 winning the $500 Gs.  I don't think I've felt this way for other Big Brother shows.

Who's left?

Cowboy.  Yeah, a little goofy.  Okay, a lot goofy.  But in my opinion, he's not offensive.  A bit of a snitch.  But that's self-penalizing in the house, and doesn't bother me on the outside.  He might have come on a bit too strong about needing the money.  I personally don't see neediness as some worthy virtue.  All in all, though, the guy is someone I could relate to as an average guy.

Drew.  Slow start.  Made a few mis-steps - in others' eyes.  It's hard to tell if his borderline abusive use of Diane is him or strategy.  (Some of that footage was hard to watch.)  Is he really a smart player, or just desperate?  But, at this point in the game, is desperation all a player has?  I'm wondering what he will have to say in the end.  If his name is on the check, I'd have a hard time saying he didn't deserve it.

Diane.  Not hard to look at. Is she playing or being played?  It would be a riot if she won over Drew, simply because he's acting like the brains behind the operation.  Also, did I say she's not hard to look at?

Tattoo Girl.  Probably the most outwardly savvy player in the game.  The "power of six" strategy that ousted Jase was a stroke of genius.  Then there was the latest numbers-game play (by Drew, Cowboy, and Diane).  If Nakomis survives that, she can cash the check with absolutely no guilt.

Karen.  Has there ever been a more even-keeled BB player?  Her diary room footage is reliably insight-packed and stoner-slow.  (Where do they find these people?)  For me, she represents the average person stepping back and commenting on a crazy situation - like one of us.  It would be nice to see someone like that win it all.  (But she won't.)

With (in my opinion) five deserving players in it at this point, the only thing I (and CBS?) worry about is the boredom of not having a detestable person in the running.

What do you think?