Author Topic: DIANE RESCUES DREW: KAREN & COWBOY ON THE BLOCK  (Read 2682 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
DIANE RESCUES DREW: KAREN & COWBOY ON THE BLOCK
« on: September 08, 2004, 12:12:52 PM »
DIANE RESCUES DREW: KAREN & COWBOY ON THE BLOCK
Though loathe to put her brother up for eviction, reigning HoH Nakomis throws Cowboy and Drew on the block. Her previous commitments have left her with little room to maneuver and she knows it. "Am I going to be a bitch for doing this? I've done the hardcore promises thing with Karen and Diane."

Later, in a twist that was difficult to see coming, Diane, Cowboy and Drew conspire to help Diane win the Power of Veto. Diane removes her sometime boyfriend and cuddle-monster Drew from the chopping block, and Nakomis replaces him with Karen.

COWBOY AND NAKOMIS GET CLOSER
Even though it isn't his family yet, Cowboy enjoys the fruits of Nakomis being HoH by getting a glimpse at another one of his sisters. After everyone remarks on how good Nakomis looks in the picture, Cowboy says as he reclines, "All I can say is looks run in the family." Knowing that he is probably going to go up, Cowboy goes to Nakomis for a private pow-wow. He is very honest with her about his desire to stay in the game. "I know you're in a tough position. You have your alliance people and you have me." As her respect for Cowboy has grown enormously over the course of the game, she tells him that if she were to put him up, it would certainly be at the Nomination Ceremony so that he would have a chance to compete for the Veto.

Karen is next to chat with Nakomis and it's clear that Karen has raised her game to a new level. While shying away from saying she doesn't trust Diane, she tries to walk Nakomis through the lies that Diane has told both of them. Nakomis feels she has never been told a lie directly by Diane, but then when Karen reminds her that Diane promised she would not use the Veto and then did, Nakomis agrees Karen has a point. As a player, Nakomis views how the game has shifted from getting the strong players out to figuring out who will be by your side at the end.

DIANE AND DREW AND...COWBOY
Diane and Drew lie in the hammock and talk about how to get to the end of the game. Diane understands that Karen and Nakomis are very close and that they would choose each other, so she sets to scheming how to get rid of both of them. Drew admits that they've gotten this far together and they should keep it going strong. They figure out that by getting Cowboy on their side they are three to Karen and Nik's two. Cowboy tells Diane that if there were a way to keep him in the game, he would love her forever. Diane and Drew convince Cowboy to plot to let Diane win the Power of Veto. If Diane wins the Veto, and she pulls Drew from being down on the block, she and Drew will then vote Karen off and Cowboy can stay.

Nomination Day arrives and Nakomis tells the assembled crowd that she feels very comfortable with her choices and that nobody should take her nominations personally. She puts up Drew and Cowboy, and it seems like the era of the Horsemen is very near the end. Or is it?

Drew goes back to his room and immediately grabs his Bible. He feels it's not necessarily over for him and Cowboy but things do look bleak. Cowboy asks if Drew trusts Diane and he says he thinks he does. Cowboy admits that it is a good plan--the plan for Diane to win the Veto--if the plan works. Cowboy thinks there might be a miracle in the offing.

CAGED : THE VETO COMPETITION
Nakomis calls the HouseGuests to order for the Veto competition. As they are going to the competition, Drew and Cowboy duck into the workout room for a quick prayer. Cowboy leads the prayer, saying, "Give us the strength we need in this Golden Veto. We do need a miracle, Lord. Guide us how you want us, not how we want it."

When the HouseGuests enter the backyard they see five separate cages with a variety of objects from competitions past: a pink flamingo, a hula-hoop and a putter. Beyond the objects is a post with a key ring on it, and on the key ring are multiple keys, one of which will free the HouseGuest from their cage. The goal of the game is to use the objects from competitions past to get the key ring, open the cage and then flip a switch to turn a light on. The person that gets freed the quickest wins.

Everyone locks themselves in their respective cages. For the Diane, Drew and Cowboy team this game is a boon as they are able to share their tools. They immediately conspire to give Diane both of their putters so that she can tape them together and have a long stick with which to grab the keys. She and Drew go to work taping the three putters as tight as they can. Meanwhile Nakomis is making a 'conction-a-matic' featuring a golf club taped to a hula-hoop taped to a flamingo. It seems neck and neck as Nakomis and Diane both have the best tools for getting at the keys. Diane reaches out her triple putter and it nearly comes apart, so she pulls it back in to retape it with Drew's help.
Diane gets the keys, and after several harried seconds when Drew panics as he watches, Diane frees herself, runs out and flips the switch to win the competition. Now the real game-playing begins.

WILL SHE OR WON'T SHE
Though it's obvious on one level that Diane will use the Veto on Drew, there is still some doubt remaining. Karen and Nik, having seen how Diane, Drew and Cowboy conspired, are catching on to the budding alliance that may take the lovebirds and the outsider to the end of the game. Karen wants to confront Diane about what's going on. Nakomis wants to know why Cowboy gave Diane his golf club. Diane tries to play it off and doesn't do that great a job of it.

Late at night Diane goes to Nakomis' bed in the HoH room to talk with her about the situation. She says, "I made two promises. One to you and one to Drew." Nakomis, while not surprised, does try to reason with the love-struck Diane. "Drew has put you up once and me up twice, once after the Veto, which to me says..." and with that she makes an explicit hand gesture.

The Veto ceremony arrives and Diane gives both Drew and Cowboy a chance to speak their peace. Drew says he feels that he and Diane have done a good job keeping the personal and the game separate so whatever decision Diane makes he will respect. Cowboy says he thinks Diane should use it on Drew. And tipping all of their hands that they're in cahoots, Diane does remove Drew, forcing Nakomis to throw Karen on the block.

Will Diane backstab her new friend Cowboy and vote him out? How will Nakomis survive if she is outnumbered three to one? Find out Thursday on the next BIG BROTHER 5.