Poll

Do you want ANW to come back for Season 2?

Yes
2 (66.7%)
No
0 (0%)
Don't Care
1 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Author Topic: Australia Ninja Warrior!!!  (Read 674 times)

Online BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I am a TV nerd
Australia Ninja Warrior!!!
« on: June 23, 2017, 02:18:26 AM »

I am proud to announce that Australian Ninja Warrior, will start airing on the 9th of July, 2017!

Hosted by radio presenter Ben Fordham,

The AFL Footy Show host, Rebecca Madden (what a shame it's not Sam Newman!  :funny:)

and English cricket legend, Andrew 'Freddie' Flintoff ( :groan:)

this show is a spin-off of the American version, in which contestants pit together, in attempt to complete a tough course!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 11:34:05 PM by BourkieBoy »
I love reality TV shows

Online BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I am a TV nerd
Re: Australia Ninja Warrior!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2017, 02:23:41 AM »
The show starts airing on Sunday July 9, at 7pm Australian time (2am, LA Time and 4am NY time)

This show also sadly clashes with my other favourite's shows finale, House Rules. I wonder what show I will be watching!  :funny:

I shall be doing episode-by-episode summaries (just like I did with Travel Guides), as it isn't popular enough to do live updates  :(

Meanwhile, feel free to discuss about the hosts, challenges or contestants! I think you know what I think about it!  :conf: :hoot:
I love reality TV shows

Online BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I am a TV nerd
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2017, 03:33:01 AM »
One week to go everybody!!!

Get excited!!!

:conf: :hoot: :bunny
I love reality TV shows

Online BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I am a TV nerd
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2017, 12:04:52 AM »
Some contestants have also been announced, some of which are celebrates and some of which are NOT!

The contestants are:
2008 AFL Brownlow Medallist and former Essendon and Western Bulldogs football player, Adam Cooney!

Former NRL star, Beau Ryan!
http://i1244.photobucket.com/albums/gg574/BourkieBoy/541be5d0e4b006c71d73a0f7_zps67guf1vy.jpg

The Bachelor 1 star, Tim Robards! (yuck)

Katie Williams (she has 300,000 Twitter followers  :funny:)

Jaymes Wright and Jack Wilson

Lisa Parks (broke her back in a car accident before the Aerobics World Championships in South Africa)

Ryan Fisher (no picture sadly  :()

'Parkour Twins' Dylan and Brodie Pawson (I am most looking forward to seeing these two compete!)

Maggie-Laurie Spark (no picture sadly :()

Daniel 'Tarzan' Westion

That is all of the contestants we know so far. We will find more out as we go along!  :hoot:

SOURCE: http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/entertainment/meet-the-gold-coasts-whisper-of-australian-ninja-warriors/news-story/99db1d27d39345a9eb25ce439ae45a52
I love reality TV shows

Online BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I am a TV nerd
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2017, 12:11:13 AM »
This is how you ANW works:
    •There are five heats of six obstacles. Obstacles consist of quintuple steps, tilting frames, warped walls and a swing cycle.
    •Fifty competitors take the course in each heat
•Your run of the course is over if any part of you touches the water.
    •Only the top 18 competitors qualify for the semi-finals, determined by those who go the furthest in the fastest time.
•The semi-finals will be made up of nine obstacles
    •There are 30 competitors in each semi-final. The top seven will go through to the Grand Final.

SOURCE:
http://www.nowtolove.com.au/celebrity/tv/australian-ninja-warrior-how-it-works-38999[/list]
I love reality TV shows

Online elthemagnifico

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2017, 12:21:22 AM »
Good different concept... But tbh i prefer Sasuke and ANW one....
what might have been

Online BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I am a TV nerd
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2017, 07:32:33 PM »
Episode 1 summary

Airdate: Sunday 9th of July 2017

Show content
Ben opens the show saying how popular it is in other countries.

The contestants say somethings about themselves

There will be five qualifying heats

It then moves onto the semi-final and then the Grand Final (Mount Midoryama)

If anyone can win, they will win 100,000,000 dollars!!!

50 will be competing tonight!

If ANY competitor touches the water, THEY ARE OUT!

The prem rounds have these six obstacles: Quintuple Steps, Silk Slider, Bridge of Blades, Tyre Swing to Cargo Net, Double Tilt Ladder and the Warped Wall.

The top 18 competitors from each heat (from five), will go though to the Semi-Finals.

Jack Morris, the 22 year-old circuis worker from New South Wales is first up. He goes well on the Quintuple Steps, he hangs on the rope for so long, but he gets though! BUT HE FALLS INTO THE WATER on the Tyre Swing! His time was 2 minutes and 4 seconds :(

Next up is 25 year-old Queensland Olympian Ryan Fisher. He again fails on the Tyre to Cargo net, with a time of 1 minute and 22 seconds

The WA mother-of-three Janet Smith is up next! She got passed the Tyre to Cargo Net but she stumbles on the Double Tilt Ladder, with a time of 2 minutes and 11 seconds.

Lisa Parks the 43 year-old Byron Bay woman, is the one who broke her back in a car accident. She was told she would never walk again and look at her now! She is another one fails on the Tyre to Cargo Net, with a time of 1 minute and 55 seconds.

Kaeem Adams, the 23 year-old Melbournian is next up. He does so well on every obstacle except the Double Tilt Ladder, with a time of 2 minutes and 53 seconds.

We didn't see 28 year-old Queenslander Sam Thackway (who stumbled at the Bridge of Blades), 40 year-old NSW film-maker, Omar Soliman (who stumbled at the Tyre Swing to Cargo Net) and 35 year-old South Australian boxer Steve Storic (who stumbled at the Tyre Swing to Cargo Net)

However, we do see 28 year-old Bruce Lee wannabe, Sofia Kong. The arrogant girl stumbles on the Tyre Swing to Cargo Net, with a time of 3 minutes.

32 year-old Western Australian fisherman, Cody Thomas is next up. He wants to do it for his 11 month old son AND HE DOES!!! HE IS THE FIRST NINJA TO THE WARPED WALL but he doesn't get up :(. But, he's time is very good 2 minutes and 10 seconds.

The contestants were didn't see were 39 year-old Victorian Tash Jack (who failed on the Bridge of Blades), 35 year-old Queensland fireman Adam Holloer (who also failed on the Bridge of Blades), 29 year-old Victorian Jack Wheatley (who failed on the Silk Slider)

This contestant we saw though! 44 year-old NSW police officer Adam Brown fails on the Double Tilt Ladder, with a time of 2 minutes and 25 seconds.

We have our first Indigenous contestant! 24 year-old Jack Wilson from Mount Isa, Queensland, who went to the NEW YORK CITY MARATHON! He turns up wearing Indigenous paint. HE IS THE FIRST NINJA TO COMPLETE THE COURSE WITH A TIME OF 1 MINUTE AND 40 SECONDS!!!

The 'bunny-eared' Kate Cumber is up next. If her bunny ears fall into the water, then SHE IS OUT!!! She fails on the Silk Slider! :(

YOU SHOULD OF SEEN FREDDIE'S EYES AFTER HE INTERVIEWED KATE!!!

28 year-old 'Tarzan' Ryan Robers is up next! HE IS THE SECOND NINJA TO COMPLETE THE COURSE, WITH A TIME OF 1 MINUTE AND 24 SECONDS!!!

These contestants completed the course: 30 year-old Queenslander Thomas Pichler, 28 year-old Instagram sensation, Thomas McCallum and 25 year-old Victorian stuntman, Mike Snow

Next up is 31 year-old Victorian triple-jump champion, Emma Knight. BUT SHE FAILS ON THE FIRST OBSTACLE!!!

24 year-old Queensland stripper Matt Wilson is the next up. He is another one who fails on the Tyre Swing!

No woman has reached the Warped Wall yet... :(

31 year-old South Australian gymnast Celeste Dixon is next up. She was robbed of a chance to compete at the 2000 Olympics, due to AOC changing the age limit! She did very well, but failed on the Double Tilt Ladder :(

The PARKOUR TWINS ARE HERE!!! Brodie will complete the course first. BRODIE GETS TO THE TOP WITH A TIME OF 1 MINUTE AND 6 SECONDS!!!

Dylan is up now! DYLAN GETS TO THE TOP IN 58 SECONDS!!!

Dylan wins the Berocca Performance of the Night!

By the way, this show ranked number 1 last night and gained 1,680,000 viewers!!!! That is awesome!

« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 05:29:08 AM by BourkieBoy »
I love reality TV shows

Online BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I am a TV nerd
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2017, 07:33:42 PM »
Episode 2 summary

Airdate: Monday 10th of July 2017

Show content
There are three new obstacles tonight!!! The UFO Slider is replacing the Silk Slider, the Spinning Wheel to Cargo Net is replacing the Tyre Swing to Cargo Net and the the Tilting Frames are replacing the Double Tilt Ladder.

The first contestant up tonight is 32 year-old mum-of-two from South Australia, Tara Evans. She stumbles on the Spinning Wheel to the Cargo Net, with a time of 1 minute and 55 seconds.

The next contestants are Travis and James, from Cairns, Queensland. Travis goes first. He IS THE FIRST NINJA OF THE NIGHT TO COMPLETE THE COURSE, WITH A TIME OF 2 MINUTES AND 55 SECONDS!!!

It is now James's turn. He stumbles at the Bridge of Blades!!!

31 year-old Victorian Karate-fitness freak Amanda Zakahria is up next. She fails at the UNO Slider!!!

Amanda's husband Zac is now up. He gets further than his wife but can't complete the Warped Wall, but his time is 3 minutes and 13 seconds.

After the break, we saw a few people stumble on the Bridge of Blades :(

Next up is 24 year-old Victorian gymnast Laurissa Miller. SHE IS THE FIRST WOMEN TO MAKE IT TO THE WARPED WALL, but fails. Her time was 4 minutes and 38 seconds.

28 year-old Queensland plumber Ryan Solomon is next up. He does very well AND FINISHES THE COURSE IN A TIME OF 1 MINUTE AND 53 SECONDS!

We now see some contestants who epic failed :(

Former Army commander Scott Evenmett, is up next. Some of his OWN bullets went into his OWN FACE! He also lost 6 mates in battle. He FLEW though the course, finishing the course in 1 minute and 45 seconds!

We missed out Jesse Leigh-Bridges, Ahmed Eid and Sarah Carter, but these guys didn't go well :(

We cut back to Chloe Travers (the youngest contestant), on the Bridge of Blades. She sadly missed the Spinning Well.

45 year-old Elvis impostor Rusty Roberts is next up. On the course, he shows us some Elvis moves, but fails at the Spinning Wheel. His time is 1 minute and 45 seconds.

We saw some more contestants during the break. All of them passed!

The next contestant is tradie William Laister. He has had to overcome a terrible disease, which made him a paraplegic. HE GETS TO THE TOP WITH A TIME OF 1 MINUTE AND 20 SECONDS!!!

The next ninja is ex rugby union player for the NSW Waratahs and now bodybuilder Francis Cullimore. He doesn't want to go up the Warped Wall, but on his second attempt he gets to the top, with a time of 2 minutes and 55 seconds!

It's now time to meet the most inspiring contestant. Sam Bramham was born without a right femur. He has now won a gold, silver and bronze medals in Paralympic swimming. He so sadly couldn't get pass the UFO Slider :(

The next contestant is carpenter Ashlin Herbet from the Mornington Peninsula. He lost his Dad at age seven and so his Mum is his hero. HE MAKES IT TO THR TOP IN 1 MINUTE AND 1 SECOND!

The last contestant of the night is WA gymnast Olivia Vivian. She is a good friend of Laurissa Miller (who sadly can't made the semis). She does very well, BECOMING THE SECOND WOMAN TO REACH THE WARPED WALL!!! But, she didn't make it, but she registered a time of 2 minutes and 55 seconds.

The Berocca Performance of the Night, goes to Ashlin Herbet!
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 06:18:38 AM by BourkieBoy »
I love reality TV shows

Online BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I am a TV nerd
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2017, 09:32:01 PM »
Episode 3 summary

Airdate: Tuesday 11th of July 2017

Show content
We have three new obstacles again tonight! The Bom Silder is replacing the UFO Slider, The Cargo With Lache is replacing the Spinning Wheel and the Ball and Chain is replacing the Hanging Frames.

The first contestant up tonight is South Australian butcher Jim Delderfield. He fails on the crazy-hard Bom Slider.

The next contestant is 23 year-old New South Wales fitness blogger Kathy Williams. She again fails on the Bom Slider. IT IS TOO HARD!!!

Next up is Westen Australia chippie Sam Goodwall. He nearly lost his leg in a car accident. He gets past the Bom Slider, but failed on The Cargo With Lache.

We saw some other contestants during the break, but they all failed.

Next up is 33 year-old Victorian lawyer, Steven Lowry. He turns up wearing his lawyer clothes! He fails on the Bom Slider

Queensland personal trainer Maggie-Laurie Spark is next up. She can't grab onto the Cargo Net and falls into the water :(

Next up is 36 year-old Victorian firefighter Anna Pidgeon. She once again fails the Bom Slider...

Can 30 year-old Victorian stuntman Luke Ha made it pass the Bom Slider? The answer is YES! HE IS THE FIRST NINJA TO MADE IT TO THE TOP OF THE WARPED WALL, FOR THR NIGHT, WITH A TIME OF 3 MINUTES AND 12 SECONDS!!!

Next up is South Australian drummer, Karim Kamara. He was born in Cario, Eygpt and moved to Australia when he was a baby and when he's father had died. HE FAILED BECAUSE HE USED HIS HANDS TO HELP HIMSELF ON THE BRIDGE OF BLADES!!!

The 'Bare-Foot Ninja' osteopath Daniel Mason, is next up. He has to wear shoes on the Ninja course, because of safety reasons! HE IS THE SECOND NINJA OF THE NIGHT TO COMPLETE THE COURSE, WITH A TIME OF 1 MINUTE AND 56 SECONDS!!!

We saw some more competitors fail on the Bom Slider. STOP MAKING IT SO HARD THEN!!!

Baseballer Rory Rhodes is now up. He fails on the Ball and Chain.

The shortest competitor is now up. 27 year-old Betsy Burnetts, from New South Wales. Due to her short height, she fails on The Cargo with Lache.

Next up is Cobi Head, a Army instructioner from Darwin. He has dressed up as Captain America! HE IS THE THIRD NINJA OF THE NIGHT TO MAKE IT TO THE TOP, WITH A TIME OF 1 MINUTE AND 12 SECONDS!!!

The boys from Justice Crew (Samson Smith and John Pearce) are now up. Samson goes first. He fails on the Bridge of Blades. It is now John's turn. He fails on the exact same spot that his friend does.

We saw some more contestants fail on the Bom Slider, however we also saw 2 more people conquer the Warped Wall.

Next up is Olympic gymnast, Georgia Bowen. She fails on the Ball and Chain.

Next up is Mark and Dave Ravi. They love Ninja Warrior so much, they built their own NINJA WARRIOR ACADEMY!!! Mark goes first. He fails on the Bom Slider! It is now Dave's turn. He makes it further than his brother AND MAKES IT TO THE TOP OF THE WARPED WALL, WITH A TIME OF 3 MINUTES AND 19 SECONDS!!!

We are now seeing Ricko Trangolo, who lost his right calf in a car accident!!! HE MAKES IT TO THE TOP OF THE COURSE, WITH A TIME OF 1 MINUTE AND 12 SECONDS!!!

The last contestant of the night, is 31 year-old Victorian fitness trainer, Shella-Lauren Steinhart. She swears her head off in the contestant interview and she exits on the Bom Slider!

The Berocca Performance of the Night, goes to Cobi Head and Ricki Trangolo!

The Bom Slider was just far too hard! So many people failed on it and I really hated tonight's episode.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 06:17:40 AM by BourkieBoy »
I love reality TV shows

Online BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I am a TV nerd
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2017, 09:36:05 PM »
Episode 4 summary

Airdate: Sunday 16th of July 2017

Show content
We once again have three new obstacles: The Slide to Box Jellyfish, is replacing the Bom Slider, The Cargo Net with is replacing the The Cargo Net with Lache and the is replacing the

The first contestant up tonight is
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 04:01:51 AM by BourkieBoy »
I love reality TV shows

Online BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I am a TV nerd
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2017, 09:36:40 PM »
Episode 5 summary

Airdate: Monday 17th of July 2017

Show content
It's the final night of heats! So, our obstacles of the night are the Quintuple Steps, The Pole Rider (replacing the Slide to Box Jellyfish) The Bridge of Blades, Cones to Cargo Net (replacing the Rings to Cargo Net), the Swing Cycle (replacing the Pole Climber) and the Warped Wall!

Our first contestant of the night is 36 year-old Frenchman/New South Welshman Aurelian Apport. HE IS THE FIRST NINJA OF THE NIGHT TO COMPLETE THE COURSE, WITH A TIME OF 3 MINUTES AND 23 SECONDS!!!

Next up is 38 year-old New South Walsh fireman Lachlan Dancie. He fails on The Pole Rider.

We now have a woman who once won a Best Biceps Competion, Jassy Chia. She is now a bodybuilder from WA! She missed the the Cones and went into the water!

Next up is Western Australian baker Zane Wealthall. He is inspired by his sister who got brain damage after a quad bike accident. HE FLIES TO THE TOP IN 1 MINUTE AND 34 SECONDS!!!

While we were away, Olympic shooter Lauren Mark, Oil rig worker Micheal Nash fail, but shop owner Micheal Timms is going though to the semi-final!

Next up is Jayden and Nathaniel Irving. Nathaniel had cancer when he was nine. He goes first but fails on the Cones to Cargo Net :(.

Next up is 30 year-old Victorian landscaper Jaime Brown. She fails on The Pole Rider.

We saw some more ninja wannabes fail on The Pole Rider.

Next up is 19 year-old Gold Coast trainee chipee Daniel 'Tarzan' Weston. He has his own gym in the backyard! HE IS THE THIRD NINJA TO COMPLETE THE COURSE, IN THE TIME OF 1 MINUTE AND 29 SECONDS!!!

We now have Laura Newton, a Brisbane Special Education teacher. She can't grab onto the Cargo Net and hits the water :(

Next up is mixed martial arts champion, Sebastein Kliesch. He was born and grew up in East Germany! He can't get off the Pole and is disqualified. :(

It is now Jayden's turn (Nathaniel's brother). He is actually the mascot for the Richmond Football Club! He went further than his brother AND GETS TO THE TOP OF THE WARPED WALL, WITH A TIME OF 2 MINUTES AND 2 SECONDS!!!

During the break, we saw two more people who failed on the course :(. Luckily, one more person made it though to the semi finals.

Next up is Olympic snowboarder, Stephanie Margiros. She represented Australia at the 2014 Winter Olympics! She falls on the Swing Cycle :(

It is now Fred Dorrington's turn. He made the finals of the U.K. Ninja Warrior last year. His foot cost him a finals berth! HE GETS TO THE TOP OF THE WARPED WALL, IN A TIME OF 2 MINUTES AND 20 SECONDS!!!

Next up is 24 year-old Western Australoan music producer Ben Polson. He is actually a redhead, but has dyed his hair blonde! HE IS ANOTHER COMPETIOR TO REACHED THE TOP OF THE WALL!!! His time was 1 minute and 19 seconds!

We now have 'Titanium Woman' Zoe Featonbey. When she was 16, she had a fall at netball and told that she needed to put some titanium rods in her spine! If she can get to the Swing Cycle, she will go though to the semi-finals! But she fails on the Cones to Cargo Net! :(

During the break, we saw some more ninjas have a go. 2 people failed and 1 person passed! :)

The final contestant of the night is The Bachelor 1 star, Tim Robards. A few months before the show, he ripped his bicep off his bone! He needs to make the Swing Cycle, to qualify. He fails on the Cargo Net :(

The Berocca Performance of the Night goes to Ben Polson

[\spoiler]
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 06:13:51 AM by BourkieBoy »
I love reality TV shows

Online BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I am a TV nerd
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2017, 09:37:16 PM »
Episode 6 summary

Airdate: Tuesday 18th of July 2017

Show content
It is the start of the semi-finals, which means we have a bigger course! The obstacles are: The Quintuple Steps, The Log Grip, Spinning Log, Jump Hang, Tyre Swing, Warped Wall, The Jump Ring, The Pole Grasper and the Chimney Climb. As said by Freddie 'The course is 50% bigger and 1000 times harder!'

30 people will take part in this round, with 7 going though.

The first semi-finalist taking part is Travers Jamieson (The Tour guide from Cairns). He fails on the Spinning Log :(

Next up is Matthew Timms (The 'Timber Ninja'). He went further than Travers, but his feet touched the water on the Tyre Swing.

During the break we saw Matt Aw Chow, Sean Hosking and Ricko Tralongo all fail on the Spinning Log :(

Next up is the Disco Ninja Betsy Burnett! She failed on the Cargo with Lache. She fails on the Jump Hang. I never realised that during her Heat, that she was a Pom!

30 year-old Victorian Hollywood Stuntman, Luke Ha is now up. She conquered the Warped Wall on his attempt! He fails on the Tyre Swing!

We saw some more ninjas take part: Cobi Head, Leigh Matthews and Jaymes Wright all failed on the Tyre Swing.

The next semi-finalist is David Ravi (the guy who has his own Ninja Gym). He gets further than anyone else, but fails on The Jump Ring.

We cross back to Neal Holmes (from Blackburn, England!), who is on the Tyre Swing. He again fails on The Jump Ring.

Next up is 25 year-old William Laister. He flew though the Heat course! He goes further than anyone else in the night AND HE COMPLETES THE COURSE IN A TIME OF 3 MINUTES AND 43 SECONDS!!! He will go though to the next round!

Fashion blogger and Instagram model Nathan MacCallam is now up. We didn't see this guy on TV at all! Ben thinks he will fly though the course and complete it, but he fails on The Pole Grasper!

While we were away, Gentle Giant Rody Rhodes, Scaffolder Nic Truliff and Comidean Michael Ana Santa all failed :(

But, next up is aviation firefighter Alex Matthews (the guy who broke his neck in a car accident, less than 2 years ago!). HE IS THE SECOND NINJA TO GO THOUGH TO THE NEXT ROUND, IN A TIME OF 5 MINUTES AND 6 SECONDS!!!

We pick up with Victorian stuntman, Mike Snow (who works with Luke Ha). He goes better than his friend AND COMPLETES THE COURSE IN 4 MINUTES AND 43 SECONDS!!!

Next up we have Olympic snowboarder Stephanie Miragios. She flies straight under the net and hits the water :(

Rob Pattinson ( the youngest contestant of the night, at 21. We haven't seen or head of him. He is from Brisbane). HE GETS TO THE TOP OF THE CLIMMNEY CLIMBER AND FINISHES WITH A TIME OF 3 MINUTES AND 56 SECONDS!!!

The final contestant of the night is Ryan 'Tarzan' Roberts (a tree surgeon). He fails on the Tyre Swing!

The Berocca Performance of the Night, goes to Rob Pattinson

« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 06:17:29 AM by BourkieBoy »
I love reality TV shows

Online BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I am a TV nerd
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2017, 10:01:04 PM »
Have you thought about visiting the Sasuke Maniac Forums about Australian Ninja Warrior? They might be more interested about your thoughts on the show.
Never heard of it!
I love reality TV shows

Offline CanadianOwl

• RFF Jr. Member
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 09:51:29 PM by CanadianOwl »

Online BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I am a TV nerd
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2017, 02:18:58 AM »
Episode 7 summary

Airdate: Sunday 23rd of July 2017

Show content
We have another semi-final night! The obstacles are the Quintuple Steps, then the Log Grip, the Spinning Log, the Jump Ring, Bungee Road (replacing the Tyre Swing), The Warped Wall, The Flying Shelf (replacing the Jump Ring), The Pole Graspher and the Chimney Climb.

Our first contestant of the night is 23 year-old Nathaniel Irving. He is the guy who survived cancer at 9 years-old. His brother (Jayden) is also competing tonight. He fails on the Spinning Log :(

Next up is Scott Evennett (the ex Army-Commander). He goes further than Nathaniel but fails on the Flying Shelf!

Georgia Bonora (the Olympic gymnast) is now up. Her friend Laurissa Miller (who partipated in the prem rounds, but didn't make it through), is supporting her on the sidelines. She fails on the Jump Ring :(

It is now time for one of the four rockclimbers to complete. It is Ben Cossy up first. He makes it the furthest tonight AND MAKES IT TO THE TOP OF THE CHIMEY CLIMB, WITH A TIME OF 4 MINUTES AND 9 SECONDS!!!

During the break, we saw 3 more people go though to the Grand Final!

Next up we have the shortest male competitor, Kareem Aarons! He was born in New York City! He fails on the Log Rider!!!

The Barefoot Ninja Daniel Mason is now up! He once again has to wear shoes on the course, for safety reasons. HE GETS TO THE TOP OF THE CHIMNEY CLIMBER, WITH A TIME OF 5 MINUTES AND 10 SECONDS!!! And he takes his shoes off to celebrate!

During the break, Fred Dorrington completed the course in 4 minutes and 35 seconds. However, Codi Thomas and Glen West didn't make it :(

But now, it is time for one of the other Blue Mountains Ninja Rock-Climbers, Tom O'Halloran. HE IS ANOTHER NINJA TO COMPLETE THE COURSE IN 3 MINUTES AND 34 SECONDS!!!

During the break, more people failed on the Spinning Log, including a Olympician and a Brisbane Bronocs Ex-player. However, James Edwards got through

Nathaniel's brother Jayden is now up. He goes further than his brother AND GETS TO THE TOP OF THE CHIMNEY CLIMBER, IN A TIME OF 3 MINUTES AND 29 SECONDS!!!

We pick up with Ashlin Herbet, who is completing the Bungee Road. He gets to the top, with a time of 3 minutes and 13 seconds!!!

We now have 25 year-old Queenslander Emmett Swimdells. He is dressed like a hippie and so his is supporters! This guy we didn't see in the prem rounds. He fails on Bungee Road.

We pick up with 24 year-old Western Australian financial advisor Luke Sandover. His foot touches the water on the Pole Climber! :(

Now we have Andrew Ha. She needs to beat the time of 5 minutes and 5 seconds to qualify for the semi-finals. She fails on the Pole Climber and FAILS!!! :( However, she is the first woman in Australian Ninja Warrior to make it up the Warped Wall. It took you stupid Yanks 6 seasons!!!

It is now Andrea's boyfriend Lee's turn. He is the final competitor of the night! HE GETS TO THE TOP OF THE CHIMNEY CLIMB AND WILL JOIN HIS BROTHER BEN IN THE GRAND FINAL, WITH THE TIME OF 3 MINUTES AND 19 SECONDS!!!

The Berroca Performance of the Night goes to Lee Cossy!
[\spoiler]

We have also the good news, knowing that we have been conformed for Season 2! I saw the application video, in an ad break during the show'
« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 05:41:41 AM by BourkieBoy »
I love reality TV shows

Online BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I am a TV nerd
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2017, 02:20:15 AM »
Episode 8 summary

Airdate: Monday 24th of July 2017[\b]

Show content
It is the final semi-final night! Our obstacles tonight are: The Quintuple Steps, The Log Grip, The Spinning Log, The Jump Hang, Big Wheel (replacing the), The Warped Wall, The Swinging Spikes (replacing the Flying Shelf), The Pole Grasper and the Chimney Climb

The first semi-finalist is 32 year-old Western Australian Adam Chatfield. He doesn't want to let his son down. Music producer Ben Polson is on the sidelines (Ben will run later in the night). He so allmost fails on the Spinning Log, but fails on the Swinging Spikes.

Next up is 37 year-old Western Australian mother of three, Janet Smith. She fails on the Log Grip!!!

While we were away, we saw 3-time Olympician William Drapper, Canadian surgeon Peter Robertson and daredevil Callum Tawing, all fail on the Spinning Log.

Next up is 20 year-old baker Zaine Wealthall. He again fails on the Spinning Log.

Former NRL player and now host of the NRL Footy Show Beau Ryan, is now up. The Spinning Log claimes another victim!

Next up is Part 1 of the Parkour Twins. Dylan Pawson. In Heat 1, he flew to the top of the wall in just 58 seconds!!! His brother is supporting him on the sidelines. HE FALLS ON THE SPINNING LOG!!!

Former NSW Warathas player, Franic Cullimore is now up. Let me guess, he will fail on the Spinning Log. I didn't notice this in the heat, but he has a New Zealand accent! HE GETS PAST THE LOG!!! He fails on the Big Wheel!

29 year-old Western Australian chippie, Sam Goodall is now up. This is the guy who nearly lost his leg in a motorcycle accident. His wife couldn't make it to the semi-finals, so she is watching on Skype! He bangs his head on one of the wheels, but continues on AND GETS TO THE TOP OF THE CHIMNEY CLIMB, WITH A TIME 7 MINUTES AND 51 SECONDS!!!

We now have 36 year-old French/New South Welsh firefighter, Aurelien Apport. I think Freddy is jealous of him! He is another who fails on the Spinning Log. :(

The next competitior is music producer, Ben Polson. His friend Adam Chatfield is on the sidelines. Can he beat him? HE IS THE SECOND NINJA OF THE NIGHT TO GET TO THE TOP OF THE CHIMNEY CLIMB, WITH A TIME OF 4 MINUTES AND 40 SECONDS!!!

While we were away, we saw Hungarian gymnast Farhaur Luke, fail. However, 32 year-old South Australian Luke Williams, pass!

Northern NSW Truckee Tom Hazell is now on the course. HE IS ONE SECOND OFF THE BEST TIME OF THE NIGHT!!! His time was 4 minutes and 41 seconds.

The next competitor is Brodie Pawson. His brother crashed out on the Spinning Log, but will Brodie? He fails on the Spinning Log! :(

The next ninja is 19 year-old Daniel 'Taraniel' Weston. He is SO arrogant, so I hope he fails! He fails on the Pole Grasper!!! YESS

31 year-old South Australian gymnast Celeste Dixon is now up. Her father is wearing a Brisbane Lions cap, which I am not happy about, espically with yesterday's result!!! She fails on The Log Grip :(

The next competitor is 28 year-old Queensland plumber Ryan Solomon. HE FINISHES THE COURSE IN 4 MINUTES AND 44 SECONDS!!! (He was also 4 seconds behind Ben Polson)

The final competitior of the night (and the semi-finals) is Jack Wilson. He was the first ninja to complete the course. He is a proud Aboringale from Mount Isa (even though he doesn't look like it). He says there is no way he will fail tonight. He touches the water on the Pole Grasper!

The Berocca Performance of the Night, goes to Ben Polson
[\spoiler]

Tonight, we saw that the Spinning Log was too hard. It didn't make the episode enjoyable...
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 06:15:50 AM by BourkieBoy »
I love reality TV shows

Online BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I am a TV nerd
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2017, 02:21:12 AM »
Episode 9 summary (GRAND FINAL!!!  :conf: :conf: :conf:)

Airdate: Tuesday 25th of July 2017
I love reality TV shows

Online BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I am a TV nerd
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2017, 06:27:28 AM »
And that is it for Season 1!

Season 2 will come in 2018!

I hope you enjoyed my summaries, because I very much enjoyed doing them!  :)
I love reality TV shows

Custom Search