Author Topic: TAR CANADA 5 CONTESTANTS - Megan Burden & Courtney Roberts (Cousins)  (Read 6677 times)

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Megan Burden & Courtney Roberts (Cousins)

Megan Burden
Current City: St. John’s, NL
Hometown: St. Lunaire-Griquet, NL
Strengths: Quick learner, nice
Fears/Phobia: Birds
Favourite Travel Destination: Florida, Disney
Pet Peeve about Teammate: She’s always late

Courtney Roberts
Current City: St. John’s, NL
Hometown: Corner Brook, NL
Strengths: Positive, determined, sense of honour
Fears/Phobia: Claustrophobia and birds
Favourite Travel Destination: Disneyworld
Pet Peeve about Teammate: Does not put tops back on things

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR CANADA 5 CONTESTANTS - Megan Burden & Courtney Roberts (Cousins)
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2017, 08:04:01 AM »
TEAM BIO
#GirlsFromTheBay

Instagram
Megan: @mburden
Courtney: @courtney2662

Twitter
Megan: @meganburden
Courtney: @crobbs2662

Megan and Courtney are cousins with absolutely no filter. The girls are complete opposites but they click in every way – Megan is a sweet perfectionist, Courtney a determined loudmouth; Megan is book smart while Courtney is more hands-on; Megan is a Leafs fan and Courtney, a Habs fan. The one thing they do have in common is their natural charm and humor. Their family is infamous for their quirkiness and has been nicknamed “The Bundy’s” of St. Anthony.

While Megan and Courtney believe everyone will think they are goofy and gullible, these Newfoundlanders are out to prove otherwise while competing on THE AMAZING RACE CANADA. With afisherman father working rotations for much of her life, Megan has been fiercely independent since a young age. When Courtney's father was diagnosed with cancer when she was 16, she took on a lot of family responsibility while her mom travelled with her dad to treatment seven hours away.

These cousins come from small-town Newfoundland and even think St. John’s is too large for their liking. While both girls were accepted into school in the same city for what they are passionate about – biomedical engineering technology and social work – they both plan to settle back in Corner Brook once they finish.

FUN FACTS
Motto:
Megan: “Girls from the bay, trying to win our own way” | Courtney: “Can’t be poutin if you wants da touton”
If you and your teammate were a pop duo, what would your name be?
Megan: The Stunners | Courtney: Goofy Newfies
Walk on Song: “Me Too” by Meghan Trainor
Team they most associate with from previous seasons: No one! We’re unique
If you could be an animal what would you be?
Megan: Dog | Courtney: Possum
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 10:12:13 AM by Leafsfan »

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2017, 08:05:16 AM »

« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 10:13:10 AM by Leafsfan »

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2017, 08:07:37 AM »
Megan is a Leafs fan

:angel

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2017, 08:27:55 AM »
And Courtney a Habs fan  :bunny  :conf:  :funny:

Offline CanadianOwl

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2017, 01:43:24 PM »
Megan is a Leafs fan

:angel

And Courtney a Habs fan  :bunny  :conf:  :funny:

If they can survive with each other with those views, they can survive anything! :P

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2017, 04:39:28 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JQUn2FFvh_0" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JQUn2FFvh_0</a>

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2017, 03:04:29 PM »
Megan Burden, 23, and Courtney Roberts, 21, small town cousins with no filter from St. Lunaire-Griquet and Corner Brook, Nfld. It's win the "Amazing Race" or bust for Courtney, who, when asked what she'd do with the grand prize money, answers without hesitation: "I'm probably going to buy fake boobs. It's something I've wanted since I was 10."

Source:http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/arts-and-life/entertainment/TV/a-look-at-this-years-amazing-race-canada-contestants-430189883.html
 :funny:

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2017, 12:44:24 AM »
they are my pre-race favorites
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2017, 06:44:50 PM »
Megan Burden, 23, and Courtney Roberts, 21, small town cousins with no filter from St. Lunaire-Griquet and Corner Brook, Nfld. It's win the "Amazing Race" or bust for Courtney, who, when asked what she'd do with the grand prize money, answers without hesitation: "I'm probably going to buy fake boobs. It's something I've wanted since I was 10."

Source:http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/arts-and-life/entertainment/TV/a-look-at-this-years-amazing-race-canada-contestants-430189883.html
 :funny:

I can't  :funny: The 1st team of Cousins on TAR Canada across all seasons. :conf:

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2017, 03:29:56 PM »
MEGAN BURDEN & COURTNEY ROBERTS

Cousins from St. Lunaire-Griquet and Cornerbrook, N.L., respectively, they admit they consider St. John’s (where they’re students) to be “the big city” and were transfixed at the Toronto skyline as we talked. “Look out the window!” said Megan, 23. “It’s crazy.”

“We want to bring small-town Newfoundland to everyone,” the 21-year-old Courtney said.

“There’s a lot more of Newfoundland to see than St. John’s,” Megan adds. “St. John’s doesn’t represent us. I find people there who don’t know the difference between a caribou and a moose, and I’m like, ‘Oh my God! You live in Newfoundland.’”

The second-youngest team in the show’s history, Courtney says their youth is, “kind of an advantage, because people are going to underestimate us. ‘They’re immature. They don’t know what they’re doing. Why are they here?’”

“And we’ll be like, ‘Ha ha!’,” says Megan.

Source:http://www.torontosun.com/2017/06/29/meet-the-racers-a-look-at-this-years-amazing-race-canada-contestants

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2017, 03:30:21 PM »
I find people there who don’t know the difference between a caribou and a moose, and I’m like, ‘Oh my God! You live in Newfoundland.’”

:funny: :funny:

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2017, 03:27:27 AM »
These girls are the funniest contestants, I have ever seen on any TAR  :funny:

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2017, 10:46:11 PM »
Worst to First.  :conf: Great job ladies. Proves that the Race is not all about brawns. Their math skills were of really good use to them. Great prize as well.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 11:02:26 PM by TARUSAFan »

Offline themikko95

• RFF Full Member
  • Kym/Alli for the win!
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2017, 10:03:13 PM »
You guys started this leg so strong — what went wrong?

Burden: It was just a disaster. Nothing went right for us that day, it wasn’t one particular thing we could pinpoint. We had to run up and down hills. That didn’t work for us. I’m not the strongest swimmer. That didn’t work for us. We couldn’t do the challenges, we switched all the time. It was everything about the day, there wasn’t one major point where we were like, ‘Okay, this is it for us.’

Do you feel like you’re more decisive now, knowing that switching challenges cost you so much time?

Roberts: We were definitely switching a lot, we spent way too much time at the last one. When we were looking at the pottery there were just so many steps to do it, we thought it would take forever. We wish we tried it at first to get the hang of it because when we went back we didn’t find it very difficult. But that was definitely something we regret, not trying it at first.

Obviously you wanted to save the Express Pass, but at what point were you officially kicking yourselves?

Roberts: When we actually heard the girls screaming at the mat, that’s when we were kicking ourselves. Up until that point we showed up at the Detour and all the teams were there so we figured we could catch up — it was anyone’s race. But we were literally a minute behind the girls. What you saw on TV was how close it was. So that was the moment when we knew we should have used it.

Were you hoping for a non-elimination leg?

Burden: Our only hope was that it would be a non-elimination. We figured, it was the third leg, maybe it is possible… but luck was not on our side that day.

Are you bummed you’re not going to China with the rest of the teams next week?

Roberts: We are so bummed we don’t get to go to China. We have never been near China — not even close. It was so devastating because Megan and I had never really travelled. The legs we did were all in Canada and that was amazing and beautiful, but to actually go on the other side of the world? Not being able to do that completely broke our hearts.

How do you even prepare physically for this when you know that the mental challenges are going to be your strong suit?

Roberts: We were both students so we actually didn’t get to prepare for the race at all. Megan wrote her last exam and we flew out that very day. So we didn’t prepare, we were kind of binge eating from exams — eating greasy foods and chocolate. We did not prepare enough physically. You really don’t realize how hard it is until you do it.

How did doing this thing test your friendship?

Burden: We honestly didn’t have any problems. Sometimes in the car when Courtney was telling me directions and I didn’t listen to her we’d bicker a little bit but honestly there was no point in time where our friendship was on the line. We pushed each other through and helped each other rather than bringing each other down.

Roberts: Being together, it was more positive. If I was struggling with anything Megan was cheering me on and trying to get me through it and vice-versa.

What was the most taxing thing either physically or mentally throughout this race?

Burden: Maybe delivering the coffee.

Roberts: No, it was Morse Code.

Burden: Ahhh, Morse Code.

Roberts: Out of all the challenges Morse Code was the hardest. Everything in the race would agree to that. No one could hear it.

What will you take away from this experience?

Burden: We pushed ourselves more than we ever have before, mentally, physically, emotionally. Courtney cried more than she ever cried in her life. It just brought us together and gave us a new outlook on life. We’re small town girls and we now realize there’s so much of the world and we’re not so scared of it anymore. We know we can take on whatever we have to.

Roberts: The most positive thing is the bond we share now because no one else shares that experience with me. I can always talk to Megan about it and how amazing it truly was.

Legends only  :torche

Source: http://www.theloop.ca/amazing-race-canada-cousins-reveal-moment-kicking/
Dustin/Kandice, Jaime/Cara and Pam/Winnie = goddesses!

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2017, 03:38:35 AM »
From Worst to First to Worst :(

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2017, 10:03:31 AM »
They bowed out a la Kelly & Kate, worst to first then eliminated

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2017, 01:13:34 PM »
Elimination interview on Your Morning

https://youtu.be/yoq6gwZ5DQ8

They answer your question, Peach, since it was never mentioned on the show. Leg 6 was the cutoff to use the Express Pass.

I liked the hint of Newfoundland accent they have. You could hear it when they said words like "time" ("toim")