Author Topic: TAR CANADA 5 CONTESTANTS - Andrea Croxen & Ebonie Roberge (Business Partners)  (Read 8176 times)

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Andrea Croxen & Ebonie Roberge (Business Partners)

Andrea Croxen
Current City: Montréal, QC
Hometown: Montréal, QC
Strengths: Problem solver, creative, positive attitude
Fear/phobia: Insects
Favourite travel destination: Costa Rica and Italy
Pet peeve about your teammate: She can’t let things go sometimes and move on easily

Ebonie Roberge
Occupation: Marketing Consultant and Co-Founder of I Breathe Fitness
Current City: Montréal, QC
Hometown: Montréal, QC
Strengths: Organization, endurance, long-term memory
Fear/phobia: Heights and insects
Favourite travel destination: Costa Rica
Pet peeve about your teammate: Procrastinator

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
TEAM BIO

Instagram
Andrea: @andrea.croxen
Ebonie: @eb_finley

This energetic duo of best friends turned business partners met when they were 16 years old during a bridal fashion show. Both girls have BIG personalities – they are loud, strong-headed dreamers, and always live life to the fullest.

Growing tired of the industry pressures and standards of beauty, Andrea and Ebonie realized that modelling wasn’t for them and decided to embark on new opportunities. About a year ago, these entrepreneurial women decided to get together and start their own business – I Breathe Fitness. Looking for something that was more in tune with their values and principles, these friends decided to create their own opportunity that would add value to their lives and could also impact the lives of others. Andrea and Ebonie have always been very active and share a love for fitness and travel. Together, they decided to build a business around their passions that promoted healthy lifestyles and could help people along the way.

Approaching their 30th birthdays, the girls are determined to take a leap of faith and push themselves out of their comfort zone. Their drive and positive energy is what they think will help them edge out the competition on THE AMAZING RACE CANADA.

FUN FACTS
Motto: “We get it done!”
If you and your teammate were a pop duo, what would your name be? Pop & Ice
Walk on Song: “Wild Things” by Alessia Cara
Team they most associate with from previous seasons:
Andrea: Mix of Kelly and Kate and Rita and Yvette | Ebonie: Rita and Yvette
If you could be an animal what would you be?
Andrea: Panda or Ginger Monkey | Ebonie: Elephant
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 10:06:18 AM by Leafsfan »

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 10:07:13 AM by Leafsfan »

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 08:06:22 AM by Leafsfan »

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
These two are my faves after the first 4 teams.

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Lm6PKcqxL4c" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Lm6PKcqxL4c</a>

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Racer files/social media have been edited in.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
What a glam team, automatic faves.
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Andrea Croxen, 29, and Ebonie Roberge, 29, friends and business partners from Montreal, are ex-models who met when they were 16 at a bridal fashion show. "This is really a year of taking risks for us," says Ebonie. The pair just launched their own business running fitness retreats in Costa Rica last year.

Source:http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/arts-and-life/entertainment/TV/a-look-at-this-years-amazing-race-canada-contestants-430189883.html

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
What a glam team, automatic faves.

Same here! Rooting for them already. Alpha F/F  :conf:
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 06:51:04 PM by TARUSAFan »

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
French news article on the team:http://www.journaldemontreal.com/2017/06/25/le-quebec--est-bien-represente

Offline toanglobal

• RFF Sr. Member
Look like Lee & Tal (TARI 5)

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
A French all-female team. I really want them to be like 2 Audreys :D

(Didn't count Rita & Yvette since they grew up in English Canada)

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Andrea and Ebonie answer some race related questions:

http://www.thesocial.ca/Culture/TheAmazingRaceCanada?vid=1155910

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
ANDREA COXEN & EBONIE ROBERGE

The 29-year-old former models are best friends since age 15 – when they were in a shoot modeling bridal dresses together.

“The irony!” says Ebonie with a laugh.

“I remember us laughing a lot about it, but we were having fun,” says Andrea. “We’ve been sisters ever since that day.”

Modeling has a short half-life, though. And the proxy-sisters traded looks for fitness as a career. (They recently started a fitness retreat together outside Montreal).

“I would say from 16-22 is your primetime,” says Ebonie. “My values changed over the years, so modeling didn’t quite fit with who I was anymore. I’m more focused on my brain and being healthy rather than just appearance.”

Source:http://www.torontosun.com/2017/06/29/meet-the-racers-a-look-at-this-years-amazing-race-canada-contestants

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Andrea and Ebonie

Andrea and Ebonie are co-founders and owners of I Breathe Fitness, Andrea is also a yoga teacher; Ebonie a marketing consultant.

This energetic duo of best friends turned business partners met when they were 16 years old during a bridal fashion show. Both girls have big personalities – they are loud, strong-headed dreamers, and always live life to the fullest.

Growing tired of the industry pressures and standards of beauty, Andrea and Ebonie realized that modelling wasn’t for them and decided to embark on new opportunities. About a year ago, these entrepreneurial women decided to get together and start – I Breathe Fitness - which offers a full week of travel to an exotic location in order to: train with a renowned professional coach, get to eat sumptuous meals, explore and relax. Every day is different and has exciting new challenges. The first trip will run in July when the show airs. “We will have to watch online a day after it airs,” says Ebonie.

The two ladies first met each other when they were 16 working at a bridal show. “We connected the first time we met,” said Andrea, “and we’ve been best friends ever since. In fact we are like sisters and since filming this show we have never been closer. Yes, doing something like The Amazing Race Canada can test a friendship. But there were no fights.”

Applying to be on the show was a no brainer, says Ebonie. “We started watching the American version 10 years ago and fell in love with it," she said. "The timing for us to apply and get accepted was just perfect as we are just starting our new business.”

Since they are both travellers, it was not difficult with either of the ladies to tell family and friends they’d be away for a while. “I told my mom that I felt like leaving to go on a trip and she asked no questions,” said Andrea.

As for their new business, the fact the ladies will be on national television serves as a terrific vehicle for anyone who wants to go on a fitness retreat to a beautiful location. “This is a relatively new concept in North America,” Ebonie  explained. “We hope our presence on the show inspires people to come with us on future trips.”

Source:http://www.thesuburban.com/blogs/cohen_confidential_with_mike_cohen/suburban-exclusive-interviews-two-montreal-teams-set-for-the-amazing/article_035ba650-5e86-11e7-837e-8f0c7117a9fb.html

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
I want their job!

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
They turned me off quitting at the Start Line Task, seriously, never heard of alliances or Seeking help from a bystander or another team. Dumb move, I would expect them to quit again in the future.

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
They turned me off quitting at the Start Line Task, seriously, never heard of alliances or Seeking help from a bystander or another team. Dumb move, I would expect them to quit again in the future.

They clearly said they wouldn't moving forward... so hopefully they stick to their word!

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
They haven't taken another penalty, nor has anyone else, but they're starting to remind me of Caroline & Jennifer in a way :(

A couple good legs, but kind of a "floater" team we can't get rid of. I expected to like them more than I am so far.

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
They haven't taken another penalty, nor has anyone else, but they're starting to remind me of Caroline & Jennifer in a way :(

A couple good legs, but kind of a "floater" team we can't get rid of. I expected to like them more than I am so far.

Honestly, Caroline and Jenn are way better than Andrea/Ebonie. Their first season was definitely more consistent in placement. Andrea and Ebonie are just up and down and no in between.
Second season, not so much though. :funny:
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
The Country Singers are the most overrated F/F team in TAR history, and certainly the one with the most annoying fanbase.

Conversely, Andrea/Ebonie have unseated Laura/Jackie as TARCAN's most underrated F/F team ever.

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
I expected them to do good but no. They're kinda much like Kelly & Kate, both teams own fitness-related businesses, took a penalty in the 1st leg and pretty much at the back of the pack with a few nice finishes. Kelly & Kate at least won a leg, Andrea & Ebonie had two 2nd place finishes.