The Amazing Race > The Amazing Race Discussion

When was first time you knew about The Amazing Race? And getting know about it?

(1/6) > >>

Lemontail:
I was bored so I made this thread, move if a similar thread was there anyway. Sorry for my mediocre English.

What was like your experience on first time you've known TAR and getting to know TAR?

So, let begin, I first knew about TAR was when in 2011, I was at Wikipedia searching for The Amazing World of Gumball article, and then I saw a TAR article listing popped up, and at first time I thought that TAR was about car racing. So, sometime later, I first watched TAR with season 19, which at that was airing worldwide (I watched it on AXN Asia) and it was on Leg 9 and I watched them do some tasks at a statue, then Lego Billund, then I switched the channel. Sometime much later, TAR 21 aired, and I only remembered that I watched Leg 6 and 11, and that's it. When I first watched Leg 11, as I wasn't a TAR fan at that time, for some reason, I randomly rooted for Natalie & Nadiya to survive the leg and was disappointed to see that they are eliminated. But at that time, I didn't know what the show was named, on either seasons.

Then years later, when I was watching AXN Asia, I saw an promo of TAR 23, and I was hooked. So, I watched TAR 23 religiously. And I rooted for Ally & Ashley even though they are weak and I didn't care for other teams. And that's time when I joined RFF. So thanks to this, I knew the show's name.

cbacbacba1:
I accidentally watched an episode of season 5 in my local TV channel in Hong Kong, when I was only 10 or 11 years old

I was fascinated by queen Mirna  :funny:
Then I found All-star online later on and start to follow TAR since S12  :funny:

Palperro:
I was at my friend's house and their family watched TAR pretty religiously, so I watched an episode of TAR 16 with them and the rest is history. (I think it was the Germany Intersection one.)

airn10:
Pretty awesome thread idea! And wow! It brings back memories!

Although I want to say I've been a fan since day one, I can't. I didn't have CBS for years, thus knew nothing about the show for a while. I specifically remember stumbling across a rerun of TAR Season 4 by accident on the Reality TV channel. The task in Italy with the masks. I was in love from that moment on and recorded reruns from this channel and possibly Travel Channel???? or some other channel. I was heartbroken when Dish Network took that DVR.

Maanca:
I first came across Amazing Race during season 5 (great one to start with) and watched faithfully until Family Edition 8. No it wasn't that awful season that put me off - at the time it was on in Fall 2005, I just graduated high school and we were moving cross-country from Ontario to Alberta, which was a big, stressful process. Last I remember is watching an episode of 8 on the motel room TV.

Just kinda forgot about TAR for a lot of years. Then when Amazing Race Canada came along in the summer between 22 and 23, that re-sparked my interest, and I gradually binge-watched all the way from 1-22. And here I am.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version