The Amazing Race > The Amazing Race Discussion

Twist(s) should be added in TAR US

(1/5) > >>

toanglobal:
Speed Bump should be replaced by Handicap as an alternative penalty for the last team in non-elimination legs, in handicap the team who finished last in NEL completes same tasks with other teams but one of them (usually ARI task) requires harder to complete it.
Elimination point in keep on racing would make the leg more exciting as no safe heaven for any teams

georgiapeach:
I hate the twists the most. #TARClassic

:gnome

Maanca:
Oh crap, I meant for my vote to go to Handicap, not KOR with elimination. The other 2 could work, but IMO there's "if's" on them

Must-Vote U-Turn: Okay idea, IF not done every leg a la Israel, where it basically turns into a popularity contest with the same team being targeted multiple legs in a row.

Face-Off/Double Battle: Could work IF you don't have casts like Canada who tend to be penalty-happy for the early legs. Said version showed how breakable it is on the first one with 3 teams not finishing. The other con is it gives the strong teams an unfair advantage. It's pretty much always been one of the weakest teams that gets the penalty for being there last.

Zack.:
Give every team an Express Pass at the start, but limit the number of teams that can use it within a single task (ie not everyone can use it to skip the same Detour).

eta - Face Off / Double Battle would be fun if the tasks weren't all sport themed and if they weren't at F4 all the time.

Palperro:
I know this might be an unpopular opinion, but I think the Intersection is great (if it is put in a good location / with a good task - the Poland one in TAR11 basically set Joe/Bill up for elimination and was unfair for them) - it really makes for a fun episode! I miss it.

Side note: the Intersection Kielbasa Detour from Krakow in TAR11 might be my favorite task/clip ever from TAR - all the comments in that scene are hilarious. :lol:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version