Author Topic: Survivor Australia 4: NEWS, CAST, Discussion (may contain spoilers!)  (Read 6134 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective

Thanks to Bourkie!

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/female-plumber-from-melbourne-set-to-make-waves-on-australian-survivor/news-story/4096a9a389546f8a812ea25b808a2f36

Australian Survivor will air on Ten in the second half of the year, and more contestants will be announced soon.
Here is a break down of each of the eight contestants announced:

SARAH TILLEKE, 22, MODEL, WA

With Australian Survivor being the second reality show for Tilleke, she knows what it takes. Don’t underestimate the model, she is a student of the game of Survivor. “I know manipulation is part of Survivor, but I’m excited about that.” Tilleke had planned to train hard before going on to the beaches of Samoa, but went on a cruise with her family instead.

AIMEE STANTON, 23, PLUMBER, VIC

THE very likeable Stanton is set to surprise people. She says many people mistake her for being a beauty therapist, and can’t believe it when she tells them she is a plumber — a job she loves. “I think most people will underestimate me,” she said. “They will think, who is this sheila? She doesn’t have a chance, she has no idea. But I’m down for a challenge, I will go in there with everything I’ve got.” Stanton prepared for Australian Survivor in an unusual way — she walked to Canberra in January.

JOAN CABALLERO, ESCAPE ROOM OWNER, 29, NSW

WHEN she was 16, Caballero became a mother for the first time — something changed her life and made her a stronger person. Her son Jose, 13, is one of Australia’s top gymnastics prospects. Caballero says her friends say she talks too much, and she will try and tone things down a bit in Samoa. “I’m going to embrace everything that is going to happen,” she said. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity, something that I don’t ever foresee happening again.”

“For me this is it. I want to take it all in, and appreciate everything.”

JARRED SANG, PHOTOGRAPHER, 29, WA

PHOTOGRAPHER Seng counts British singer Passenger, who he met busking in Perth when he was an unknown,as one of his major clients. Seng has travelled around the world working as a photographer. “All my friends and family are used to me popping up and doing random things,” he said. “I think they will be very excited for me. I think they will be thinking, what kind of characters will come out on screen?”

MARK HERLAAR, LIME FARMER, 51, QLD

FAMILY is everything for Herlaar — who runs a successful lime farm just outside of Toowoomba. His son and daughter, 27 and 25, are involved in the business. He started the business after nearly losing everything after his installation company went broke after the Rudd and Gillard government insulation program failed. Herlaar hopes to play a strong social game. “I will be your best mate, your confidant, that’s how I am in life,” he said. “But I understand this is a game, and I’ve got to make sacrifices.”

MARK WALES, FORMER SPECIAL OPERATIONS COMMANDER, 37, WA.

WALES has a brilliant backstory — he was a SAS soldier in the Australian Army for many years, with tours to Afghanistan. After he left the army, he went to live in New York City where he is starting a fledging fashion business. He hopes all the skills he has learnt over the years in his various roles will help him in Samoa. “I think all my skills will come together nicely, to pull of a win,” he said.

LOCKLAN GILBERT, ADVENTURE GUIDE, 37, WA

VERY likeable, Gilbert is super fit — which some might see as a threat. He runs an adventure company, but also played American football — NFL — in Europe. He is excited about the physical aspect of spending time on the remote beaches. “I come from a sporting background, I can’t remember the last time I had been a month without sport. So the challenges and everything else excites me.”

PETER CONTE, DIGITAL ADVERTISING PRODUCER, 22, NSW

AS one of the youngest contestants selected, Conte thinks people will underestimate him on the show. “I can come across as ditzy and vibrant, so I don’t think people will see me as a threat,” he said.

“I think a big thing for me will be to form emotional connections with people, before going into strategy.

« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 01:14:18 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
Re: Survivor Australia 4: CAST News
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2017, 12:10:23 AM »
For those who do not know, Jarrad is also a filmmaker!

He has also travelled with Matchbox and directed some music videos for the signer Passenger!

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2017, 03:01:33 AM »
Sarah Tilleke :groan:

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2017, 03:03:37 AM »
Tilleke had planned to train hard before going on to the beaches of Samoa, but went on a cruise with her family instead.

WINNER :hearts:

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2017, 03:04:14 AM »
Tilleke had planned to train hard before going on to the beaches of Samoa, but went on a cruise with her family instead.

WINNER :hearts:

I wonder if she ate alot....

Offline APABLD

• RFF Jr. Member
    • adouangchak YouTube
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2017, 10:20:05 PM »
More cast info:
http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2017/06/australian-survivor-2017-meet-the-cast.html

Nice to see a tiny bit more diversity than the previous season.

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2017, 01:37:33 AM »
Too many celebrities in this season IMO...

And by this I mean that celebrities that aren't well known...

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2017, 01:51:01 AM »
It's not though? The only person I think that could be really considered a D-list celeb is Nicola and Jarrad.

That said, this cast looks a bit weak... here's hoping it's better on execution.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2017, 09:49:40 AM »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2017, 09:50:57 AM »
Cast photo added in post 1 :)
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: Survivor Australia 4: NEWS, CAST, Discussion (may contain spoilers!)
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2017, 01:16:02 PM »
Thanks to Bourkie! Future Spoilers:

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/reality-tv/exclusive-video-from-episode-one-of-australian-survivor-shows-a-brutal-challenge-awaits-the-tribes/news-story/550d9056351c4fa349e1d53522b07fbb.
We can also take some BIG things from this article:
There will be a Super Idol in play! (no details known yet)
There will be one jury member send home, with a massive controversy erupting!
Only 2 tribes this year (and they are colour teal and purple)
The weather will be worse than Season 3, with the Survivors expecting a tsunami!
There will be many more blindsides!
A moral dilemma will change the game!
There could a romance between two tribe members (like El and Lee last year)
RFF's Golden Rule: