Author Topic: Batchelor in Paradise Cancelled--or not!  (Read 15739 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 12:27:58 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Online Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Batchelor in Paradise Cancelled
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2017, 09:58:34 PM »
I heard, one of my Facebook friends just posted this same article.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2017, 11:06:49 PM »
I don't think it will air on August 8 now...

:o

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2017, 11:25:28 PM »
:groan: Yeah, cancelled shows don't air Bourkie.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
Bachelor in Paradise Cancelled
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2017, 11:25:55 PM »
Twitter blew up this afternoon about this. It is cancelled!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2017, 11:27:18 PM »
Good riddance....
RFF's Golden Rule:

Online Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2017, 11:42:21 PM »
Never actually watched it :P The only thing I know with Chris Harrison in it is Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
Bachelor in Paradise Cancelled
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2017, 11:42:54 PM »
As of now only this season is cancelled. They didn't say it's permanently cancelled. They had to halt filming due to a lawsuit.  An investigation is ongoing. They were filming at Puerta Vallarta, Mexico. All contestants were flown to Houston to get their flights back home. It still could come back next year. Most likely it won't in  my opinion.

Online Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2017, 12:11:59 AM »
I realize this is a serious situation, but I can't help but be reminded of that Family Guy episode where Brian and Quagmire are cast on the Bachelorette, and Quagmire is dragging her into the house unconscious, forgetting the camera is on him.

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2017, 09:19:55 AM »
Tweets coming from Reality Steve, known as the spoiler king publishes in every season of The Bachelor, The Bachelorette and Bachelor in Paradise.

https://twitter.com/realitysteve

Show content
The tweets:

• (SPOILER UPDATE): "Bachelor in Paradise" production has been stopped. I'm not sure why yet. That's why contestants have their phones back.
  • (SPOILER UPDATE) As far as I know, filming will resume at some point. But they gave people their phones back while filming has stopped.
  • Here's most of the cast at the airport an hour ago. Being told they're being flown to Houston. Still don't know what's going on
  • (UPDATE): What I'm hearing isn't good, but don't know exact details. Will update later when I know more. Stay tuned.
  • Here's the gist. I'll have more details in a second...
  • (MAJOR SPOILER): From I've been told, the show has been cancelled. They're done. Everyone's being sent home. (1/3)
  • (MAJOR SPOILER): DeMario & Corinne are the contestants in question. Details are still sketchy, but this is not a good situation (2/3)
  • (MAJOR SPOILER): I'm not at liberty to throw accusations out. But yeah, drinking, ***, cameras, etc. You get the picture. (3/3)
  • This is a real ****ty situation to be honest. I don't know enough details to speculate. Just know it involves DeMario & Corinne.
  • I know you're immediately thinking the worst. I honestly don't think it's that. At least not what I heard.
  • From what I was told, no one involved was hurt. Production had to stop, the show is basically cancelled & there's an investigation going on.
  • Don't know all the details. Hopefully for all parties involved it gets resolved. But certainly doesn't look like BIP is happening.

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2017, 10:14:04 AM »
Misconduct? Thought that was why they had this show? :funny:

Looking at the tweets Claude has under the spoiler tag, it seems like it could be anything. I read something that stated they were in a hot tub/pool or whatever. And then obviously, it doesn't go further than that.

A third party was also mentioned elsewhere. A crew member was said third party.
I thought that when we fought, I was to blame
Now I know you play a different game
I've seen you dance with danger; still wanting more
Add another number to the score

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: Batchelor in Paradise Cancelled--or not!
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2017, 12:32:19 AM »

After Inquiry Into Cast, ‘Bachelor in Paradise’ Will Resume Taping

By JOHN KOBLINJUNE 20, 2017

Chris Harrison, the host of “Bachelor in Paradise.” The show will return after an investigation of cast members’ behavior found no wrongdoing. Credit Richard Shotwell/Invision, via Associated Press 

In a surprising twist, the latest season of ABC’s “Bachelor in Paradise” is to resume taping after an investigation into an allegation of sexual misconduct did not turn up evidence of wrongdoing, according to Warner Bros., the studio behind the show.

Cast members for the reality show were sent home two weeks ago — a rare occurrence, especially for a series that is part of ABC’s powerful “The Bachelor” empire — following the allegation of sexual misconduct, against a cast member. The temporary hiatus played out in the media for weeks, with tawdry headlines, mounting accusations and near certainty within the industry that this season would never air.

But in a statement on Tuesday, Warner Bros. said that it had reviewed the tape and that it “does not support any charge of misconduct by a cast member.”

It added, “Nor does the tape show, contrary to many press reports, that the safety of any cast member was ever in jeopardy.”

Read more:

It continued, “Given their results, the series will resume production, and will air this summer on ABC.”

Production was to resume immediately, though it was not clear whether the two cast members at the center of the allegations would return. It was also unclear whether the two-week brouhaha is to be a plot point in the upcoming season.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/20/arts/television/bachelor-in-paradise-to-resume-taping-after-inquiry.html?mcubz=2

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline HavaDrPepper

• RFF Full Member
Re: Batchelor in Paradise Cancelled--or not!
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2017, 04:38:05 PM »
Neither of the cast members involved were back for the filming.

Filming has wrapped and supposedly there is at least 1 engagement out of it.  Rumor is that couple had the first date during the original filming and had a connection right away. When filming stopped, they went off into the sunset together and spent much of the time before filming resumed together.  The guy involved actually went and met the girl's family during the break in filming.