Author Topic: TAR 29 FINALE LIVE SHOW Updates & Commentary! 6/1/17 10PM  (Read 33536 times)

Offline runningblind

• RFF Full Member
  • Hope sir Terry had a pleasant talk with DEATH.
Re: TAR 29 FINALE LIVE SHOW Updates & Commentary! 6/1/17 10PM
« Reply #75 on: June 02, 2017, 03:08:33 PM »
Just acomplete side note concerning this season - I lovest the unique ripping style of the clues that Team Fun did (saw it at east once or twice this season). It reminded me of the 9th season and the hippies - The first ever I had seen on TV.  ;D

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #76 on: June 02, 2017, 06:55:49 PM »
An odd part about the finale - we never got to see teams making the hotdogs when a picture of Brooke & Scott making them and the task description on CBS Press Express stating that they made it and then delivered it. I have to wonder, was it cut out along with the full intro for the sake of airtime? Seems odd to not show it as a task, it could have made the finale seem a little bit fuller.

Offline Snausages

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #77 on: June 02, 2017, 10:53:41 PM »
I would also like to tell people (especially guests who may be outraged with this result) reading this thread that the narrative of Brooke "not doing anything except with help" that seems to be very common on Facebook and Twitter is completely absurd.

Let's count the number of tasks she did without asking for help or complaining.
-The Starting Line Task
-Leg 1 Detour, sure, I'll give you that, but it was basic frustration at not getting a task right on your first go.
-The Entirety of Leg 2
-The Entirety of Leg 3
-The Detour on Leg 4 where she was even one of the FIRST to discover the box
-The Entirety of Leg 5 sans the Fish task
-The Entirety of Leg 6 sans the Detour
-The Entirety of Leg 7 (her complaining that leg was not task-related at all, it was transportation related. Also she arrived at the mask Roadblock in LAST and LEAPED to FOURTH singlehandedly. Even Scott was shocked.)
-The Entirety of Leg 8 (she was CALM throughout the whole leg and even nailed a tough Roadblock and got them to their first Top 3 placement)
-The Entirety of Leg 9 sans the Detour
-The Entirety of Leg 10 (as all her bitching was related to transportation and NOT the actual tasks)
-The Entirety of Leg 11 (for obvious reasons)
-The Entirety of the Finale sans the Tires

Brooke competed in a total of 22 tasks on this season of The Amazing Race (5 Roadblocks, 9 Detours, and 8 Route Infos). The number of tasks she complained at comes to a grand total of FIVE.

Factoring that in, she has still done 77.28% of the tasks ON HER OWN WITHOUT COMPLAINING.

Thus, I'm going to need you to stop pushing the narrative of her being completely useless because she truly was not.

She was right! "I never said the four letter word". She may have complained but she never gave up. She never fully threatened or decided to quit. This is not Big Brother or Survivor when the winner is determined by a jury and how you accept the winner is subjective - winners of The Amazing Race win because they played the best game on the final leg. Period.

Also: stop calling this leg "the easiest ever" just because you're salty about the results. You guys all loved the 24 finale, but that was, far-and-away, a million times easier. :res:

All your points are invalid considering that without help they would have been eliminated leg 4 regardless of how much or little complaining she did. If she didn't have help on multiple steps, I would put money on them still being there waiting on a ladle.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 11:04:12 PM by Snausages »

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #78 on: June 02, 2017, 10:59:48 PM »
 :welcome: :hello2: :welcome2: :bigwelcome :hiya to RFF Snausages!!!

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #79 on: June 02, 2017, 11:05:38 PM »
Shamir and Sara were so behind at that point that they would have been eliminated instead if both were still there considering the race rules of a tiebreaker being the team who finished higher in the last leg would survive.

My points are indeed valid.

Offline Snausages

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #80 on: June 02, 2017, 11:08:46 PM »
:welcome: :hello2: :welcome2: :bigwelcome :hiya to RFF Snausages!!!

Long time lurker, been watching since like TAR12

And gamer fan, meant leg 4 with the ladle not 3

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #81 on: June 02, 2017, 11:09:32 PM »
The ladle was Leg 4? Leg 3 was the Double U-Turn leg that eliminated Seth & Olive.

Offline Snausages

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #82 on: June 02, 2017, 11:14:44 PM »
The ladle was Leg 4? Leg 3 was the Double U-Turn leg that eliminated Seth & Olive.

3 was brazil->Tanzania ended at the rooftop lounge. 4 started there an ended at coco Beach. IIRC.

1) LA to Panama
2) Panama to Sao Paolo
3) Sao Paolo to Zanzibar Stone town
4)tl Stone Town to Coco Beach.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #83 on: June 02, 2017, 11:17:19 PM »
Yes but my point remains that SHAMIR AND SARA were so far behind that even if Brooke had no help and taken a penalty, Shamir & Sara also failed to do the ladle Roadblock since they didn't complete it on time and the place closed. As Brooke & Scott finished higher than them on the previous leg, they would have survived over S & S.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #85 on: June 02, 2017, 11:30:45 PM »
fun fact: no one win more than 3 legs this season... this happened before in TAR 26; coincidence, both seasons are blind-teams gimmick...
what might have been

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #86 on: June 02, 2017, 11:48:17 PM »
The Amazing Race never gets amazing winners anyway... :P

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #87 on: June 03, 2017, 12:01:05 AM »
fun fact: no one win more than 3 legs this season... this happened before in TAR 26; coincidence, both seasons are blind-teams gimmick...
final 3 teams win a total of 5 legs together only
The fewest ever :funny:

Offline Fifty Shades of Shrek

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #88 on: June 03, 2017, 10:00:12 AM »

Amazing Race 27 winner was good..

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #89 on: June 03, 2017, 10:46:10 AM »

Amazing Race 27 winner was good..

They barely got any airtime and quite bland, but overall nice/good but invisible winners.
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #90 on: June 06, 2017, 11:37:36 PM »
In the end Brooke & Scott deserved their win, they continuously had fire lit under them and they even Dan&Jordan'd an early lead with an airport trick
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #91 on: June 07, 2017, 08:46:13 AM »
I watched the recap by London and her sister Chase, where Scott was also a guest and I can tell you they definitely deserved to win. Not just deserved, but they were hands down the smartest racers in the finale.

Besides checking-in their bags, Scott & Brooke wrote down notes (what they remembered) from previous TAR's visits to Chicago. Two of the riddle places - the fountain and another one, can't remember which - was already in their minds and they had addresses, thus saving a lot of time. Also, they planned the fastest route to visit all those 3 places, which London admitted she & Logan had not thought of.

Additionally, Scott said that the memory task was probably the easiest aspect they could have been asked for. He had easily memorised all of Brooke & his placements. :)

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #92 on: June 07, 2017, 10:17:55 AM »
I watched the recap by London and her sister Chase, where Scott was also a guest and I can tell you they definitely deserved to win. Not just deserved, but they were hands down the smartest racers in the finale.

Besides checking-in their bags, Scott & Brooke wrote down notes (what they remembered) from previous TAR's visits to Chicago. Two of the riddle places - the fountain and another one, can't remember which - was already in their minds and they had addresses, thus saving a lot of time. Also, they planned the fastest route to visit all those 3 places, which London admitted she & Logan had not thought of.

Additionally, Scott said that the memory task was probably the easiest aspect they could have been asked for. He had easily memorised all of Brooke & his placements. :)
A win from superfans is what we need for years  :bunny
The only time a super fan won is Kelsey from TAR 27

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #93 on: June 07, 2017, 11:37:05 AM »
He's a superfan, but I'm surprised Scott didn't recognize Ernie & Cindy.

Then again,  according to RHAP, he referenced the original season the Corinth bungee jump was in, actually got discouraged by production from doing that for some reason.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #94 on: June 07, 2017, 02:59:21 PM »
Discouraged to recognise Ernie & Cindy? ???
I actually think he did recognise them and it was just not shown, or he was so distracted by the race that he did not realise it was them.

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #95 on: June 07, 2017, 03:39:58 PM »
He's a superfan, but I'm surprised Scott didn't recognize Ernie & Cindy.

Then again,  according to RHAP, he referenced the original season the Corinth bungee jump was in, actually got discouraged by production from doing that for some reason.

According their interview to one of the recap podcasts, either Afterbuzz or Justin and Diana's Racers Recap. They definitely had Race Blinders on during the task, but did realize who they were after leaving the stands, but considering they were still racing, it was not worth going back just to say hello.

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #96 on: June 07, 2017, 07:24:45 PM »
Every teams who won deserved to win because they did the best in the final even if you like that team or not.