Author Topic: TAR 29 FINALE LIVE SHOW Updates & Commentary! 6/1/17 10PM  (Read 33535 times)

Offline TARmap

• RFF Full Member
Re: TAR 29 FINALE LIVE SHOW Updates & Commentary! 6/1/17 10PM
« Reply #50 on: June 01, 2017, 10:45:33 PM »
History did repeat itself, Brooke & Scott is Flo & Zach 2.0 Congratulations!! :conf: The problem is that casuals are going to be angry.....Brooke is not their cup of tea

Hopefully they will be glad that Scott won, since most casuals feel bad that he had to be with Brooke....

Offline Fifty Shades of Shrek

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #51 on: June 01, 2017, 10:55:35 PM »
Read the rules please.

** Just a reminder that RFF prides itself on our friendships and relationships with current and past racers and their families, who DO read what is being said here.

While it is perfectly fine to explain why you think a racer or a team did not do well in a task, or behaved badly, or just isn't your favorite, it is NOT okay to be rude or impolite in doing so. We don't allow personal attacks on each other or on our racer friends. Comments on how they raced are fair, personal attacks are not.

THIS COMMENT IS UNACCEPTABLE ON EVERY LEVEL.

For the rest of you!

If you EVER feel that a comment about a racer may have stepped over the bounds, please either use the report to moderator button, or PM or email either TexasLady or myself (georgiapeach), rather than using the racer's thread to continue the discussion.

Violations of these rules are a bannable offense so watch it!  :gaah: :knuckles:

« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 02:59:48 AM by georgiapeach »

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #52 on: June 01, 2017, 11:41:24 PM »
CONGRATULATIONS

BROOKE CAMHI AND SCOTT FLANARY

THE AMAZING RACE 29 CHAMPIONS

Offline Fifty Shades of Shrek

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #53 on: June 01, 2017, 11:44:58 PM »
 :groan:
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 02:23:36 AM by georgiapeach »

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #54 on: June 02, 2017, 01:16:50 AM »
WHAT A GOOD FINALE!!! Not so good winners, but that doesn't matter.

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #55 on: June 02, 2017, 01:21:37 AM »

Anyway, I'm really stoked to see Brooke & Scott winning! They ran a perfect leg this time and they deserved it. I LOVE how Brooke was so calm during the final memory challenge. It's kinda rare to see her so calm even when Tara & Joey were just in their back. :lol:

I really hope we can see more seasons soon. This season clearly one of the best after Season 25 I think. :D

« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 02:24:36 AM by georgiapeach »
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #56 on: June 02, 2017, 01:24:00 AM »
Just so you know guys, I changed my post, so there's no need to hate me anymore  :( :( :( :( :( :(

I really didn't mean for it to be broadcast in that way

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #57 on: June 02, 2017, 01:29:12 AM »
Just so you know guys, I changed my post, so there's no need to hate me anymore  :( :( :( :( :( :(

I really didn't mean for it to be broadcast in that way

its ok bourkie you know we all luv you <3

Offline ghmorello

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #58 on: June 02, 2017, 01:47:28 AM »

Anyways, the whole finale was very anti-climatic for me especially when Brooke and Scott never lost the lead.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 02:25:15 AM by georgiapeach »

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #59 on: June 02, 2017, 02:02:38 AM »
I would say there was actually a giant way for placements to shuffle - Brooke & Scott just ran a great final leg while everyone else messed up.

That said, the finales have actually been better designed in recent seasons than of seasons past since 25?

Sure, the 28 finale was horribly linear, but the 25/26/27/29 finales are all very solid legs and easily the best finales of this show since TAR12 (with 21 being a good exception!).

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #60 on: June 02, 2017, 03:11:47 AM »
Just watched the episode. What a great final leg! Definitely some teams worthy of a return! Good to see Ernie and Cindy again!
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #61 on: June 02, 2017, 03:30:44 AM »
YASSSSSS MY FAVES WON!

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #62 on: June 02, 2017, 04:34:36 AM »
Yay for my favourite team to win  :bunny (it has never happened to me  :-X)
But this leads to very low possibility (if not zero) for them to be brought back for all-star  :groan:
But queen Brooke & King Scoot we will never forget you  :conf:

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #63 on: June 02, 2017, 04:36:47 AM »
Happy with the result. Brooke is way more capable than Flo, she may be loud, complain and be super aware of her physical limitations, but in the end she got things done, even if that required some social game, like asking for help for certain challenges. Fun to have super fans winning.

Despite the linear design, there was space for teams to shift placements, but it never happened, cause Brooke and Scott ran a nearly perfect leg, while the other two made more mistakes.
Did hope that the hot dog task involved more than simply picking them up and delivering them, like having the racers also preparing them like we speculated.
Though I do question whether would be possible to have multiple teams at the memory challenge at the same time. As flawed as TAR28 finale was, having all the 3 teams racing to complete the memory task at the same time was awesome, and at least the way it was filmed, it didn't seem that it would be possible to something like that to happen this time around, and that's considering how long teams were in there performing this task.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 06:15:29 AM by NumfarPTB »

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #64 on: June 02, 2017, 05:43:28 AM »
I would also like to tell people (especially guests who may be outraged with this result) reading this thread that the narrative of Brooke "not doing anything except with help" that seems to be very common on Facebook and Twitter is completely absurd.

Let's count the number of tasks she did without asking for help or complaining.
-The Starting Line Task
-Leg 1 Detour, sure, I'll give you that, but it was basic frustration at not getting a task right on your first go.
-The Entirety of Leg 2
-The Entirety of Leg 3
-The Detour on Leg 4 where she was even one of the FIRST to discover the box
-The Entirety of Leg 5 sans the Fish task
-The Entirety of Leg 6 sans the Detour
-The Entirety of Leg 7 (her complaining that leg was not task-related at all, it was transportation related. Also she arrived at the mask Roadblock in LAST and LEAPED to FOURTH singlehandedly. Even Scott was shocked.)
-The Entirety of Leg 8 (she was CALM throughout the whole leg and even nailed a tough Roadblock and got them to their first Top 3 placement)
-The Entirety of Leg 9 sans the Detour
-The Entirety of Leg 10 (as all her bitching was related to transportation and NOT the actual tasks)
-The Entirety of Leg 11 (for obvious reasons)
-The Entirety of the Finale sans the Tires

Brooke competed in a total of 22 tasks on this season of The Amazing Race (5 Roadblocks, 9 Detours, and 8 Route Infos). The number of tasks she complained at comes to a grand total of FIVE.

Factoring that in, she has still done 77.28% of the tasks ON HER OWN WITHOUT COMPLAINING.

Thus, I'm going to need you to stop pushing the narrative of her being completely useless because she truly was not.

She was right! "I never said the four letter word". She may have complained but she never gave up. She never fully threatened or decided to quit. This is not Big Brother or Survivor when the winner is determined by a jury and how you accept the winner is subjective - winners of The Amazing Race win because they played the best game on the final leg. Period.

Also: stop calling this leg "the easiest ever" just because you're salty about the results. You guys all loved the 24 finale, but that was, far-and-away, a million times easier. :res:

Offline Tallguy700

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #65 on: June 02, 2017, 07:50:17 AM »
I would also like to tell people (especially guests who may be outraged with this result) reading this thread that the narrative of Brooke "not doing anything except with help" that seems to be very common on Facebook and Twitter is completely absurd.

Let's count the number of tasks she did without asking for help or complaining.
-The Starting Line Task
-Leg 1 Detour, sure, I'll give you that, but it was basic frustration at not getting a task right on your first go.
-The Entirety of Leg 2
-The Entirety of Leg 3
-The Detour on Leg 4 where she was even one of the FIRST to discover the box
-The Entirety of Leg 5 sans the Fish task
-The Entirety of Leg 6 sans the Detour
-The Entirety of Leg 7 (her complaining that leg was not task-related at all, it was transportation related. Also she arrived at the mask Roadblock in LAST and LEAPED to FOURTH singlehandedly. Even Scott was shocked.)
-The Entirety of Leg 8 (she was CALM throughout the whole leg and even nailed a tough Roadblock and got them to their first Top 3 placement)
-The Entirety of Leg 9 sans the Detour
-The Entirety of Leg 10 (as all her bitching was related to transportation and NOT the actual tasks)
-The Entirety of Leg 11 (for obvious reasons)
-The Entirety of the Finale sans the Tires

Brooke competed in a total of 22 tasks on this season of The Amazing Race (5 Roadblocks, 9 Detours, and 8 Route Infos). The number of tasks she complained at comes to a grand total of FIVE.

Factoring that in, she has still done 77.28% of the tasks ON HER OWN WITHOUT COMPLAINING.

Thus, I'm going to need you to stop pushing the narrative of her being completely useless because she truly was not.

She was right! "I never said the four letter word". She may have complained but she never gave up. She never fully threatened or decided to quit. This is not Big Brother or Survivor when the winner is determined by a jury and how you accept the winner is subjective - winners of The Amazing Race win because they played the best game on the final leg. Period.

Also: stop calling this leg "the easiest ever" just because you're salty about the results. You guys all loved the 24 finale, but that was, far-and-away, a million times easier. :res:

I'll agree with you on most of this post, but you've got to be kidding me about 24(All Stars)'s finale being popular. They just made zero effort to make that leg exciting or suspenseful, and it's pretty much accepted by over half the fanbase that it was rigged. Even my dad and I watched it live and we both thought it was terrible.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #66 on: June 02, 2017, 07:52:24 AM »
I'll agree with you on most of this post, but you've got to be kidding me about 24(All Stars)'s finale being popular. They just made zero effort to make that leg exciting or suspenseful, and it's pretty much accepted by over half the fanbase that it was rigged. Even my dad and I watched it live and we both thought it was terrible.

Unfortunately it is and I even saw people on Facebook calling it a better finale than this. It appears as long as who casuals deem as "deserving" wins, anything else doesn't matter to them. I also distinctly remember (although not to this extent) outrage over the TAR25 finale.

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #67 on: June 02, 2017, 07:57:53 AM »
Gamer, very well said.  :hoot: I really do think from my perspective that there are instances that she is just "vocal" but would come off as "complaining" to the viewers. As Abba (of James & Abba, S.21) once said "Viewers are at the comfort of their own home with the a/c on sipping cold soda, how about you do the task in immense pressure?"  It's easy for them to comment on this and that but when you are at the challenge yourself, it is not as easy as it looks. I remember the outrage over Amy & Maya in S.25 where they were still racing after coming in last in Leg 11. It was the producers decision to have a Final 4 Finale, they won because of their flawless performance at the Final Roadblock. People were complaining of them winning and they should have been eliminated at 4th place. The same way for Brooke & Scott for a flawless performance the entire leg.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 08:20:46 AM by TARUSAFan »

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #68 on: June 02, 2017, 08:07:32 AM »
Maybe i'm the one who felt TAR 24 finale was actually good, but i hate people who hate the final leg just because the "most deserved" team didn't win. Afterall the best team who ran perfectly on finale deserved to win... so preach gamer
what might have been

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #69 on: June 02, 2017, 09:05:01 AM »
Did they not have to actually make the hotdogs, just run them across the street?

That would have made the task better, the Chicago hotdog is apparently a specific arrangement of toppings.

Offline BoxOfficeR

• RFF Full Member
    • Box Office Revolution
« Reply #70 on: June 02, 2017, 09:07:20 AM »
In the end, whether the team appears to 'deserve' the win or not, it's about race smarts.  Brooke and Scott, for all of their drama, learned race smarts along the way and it paid off.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #71 on: June 02, 2017, 09:30:16 AM »
This was certainly one of the best season finales ever!
I was captivated the entire way, although there was little suspense as to who would win.

.... maybe because I was so excited to actually see Scott & Flo Brooke pull it off. :lol:

Offline alecbaldwin

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #72 on: June 02, 2017, 09:39:05 AM »
In the end, whether the team appears to 'deserve' the win or not, it's about race smarts.  Brooke and Scott, for all of their drama, learned race smarts along the way and it paid off.
Except in TAR 24, it was about who TPTB want to win.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #73 on: June 02, 2017, 09:47:34 AM »
Believe it or not. I had them to win since the first episode. :funny: :funny:

Haven't watch the season even (up till Leg 5) but I knew they had what it takes to win when producers kept on harping on Brooke's inability and Scott's niceness. It was Flo and Zachhhhh 2.0 but Brooke >>>  Flo in terms of ability and attitude.

BUT NOBODY BEATS MY QUEEN FLOOOOO <333

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #74 on: June 02, 2017, 11:59:49 AM »
Review for the leg:
Interesting racing task on the race, with time pressure as main difficulty.
The riddle task on the finale is always great as it gives teams an indirect location. Having 3 of [the teams bunched up] together is even better! :bunny
A final task that probably does not require so much memory, but it requires communication, which I think is the most essential thing this season. :hrt:
tl;dr: Time Pressured ARI + Triple Riddle ARI + Communication Memory ARI = Great Finale :hearts:

Tbh, I was disappointed with LoLo not being fast enough to catch up to the front of the pack. They probably took the subway since they weren't allowed to take a cab in the middle of the task. This could mean they were at the farthest end during the 2nd task, which pretty much ruined their chance to be racing at the front of the pack. I thought they would have a chance to dominate the final leg, but they're pretty much the team who might be stopped on their tracks if in an F4F. Still, making it far in this leg requires luck and effort, which they had all the way until the finish line.

Tara & Joey's mess-up was the riddle part. It's part of the task though, so they made a mistake on their own. At least it's not some cab taking them to the wrong place or getting U-turned. Those are examples of getting eliminated not by a team's own effort. They did well in the race overall, especially as the eldest racers of the season. Hopefully this encourages TAR to get more older "more experienced" racers in the future! :hoot: Well, not just 46 and 38, but something older than those! :hoot:

Brooke & Scott. Wow! They had such a race. Brooke may have had hard times calming down, but she gets through those eventually. She may have complained in so many tasks, but she gets them done. The ladle task may have been her lowest point, but S&S were really way behind that leg, so I still think they would survive that leg even if they didn't have other teams' helps. ??? This leg, she was trying to be calmer than she ever was in the entire race. There were times Scott pushed her from her limit, but she still tried to keep it together. Some tasks might have frustrated her slightly this leg, but she just vent out a bit and continued or tried again. What I really like about Brooke is that despite her complaining, she got things done in the end. I find her complaining selectively annoying and unnecessary sometimes, but she got tasks done, so that shouldn't be a big of a thing to let her team down. The worst case scenario would have been she complaining too much to the point that she gave up on a task and got her team eliminated because of it. Speaking of which, I don't remember her not finishing a task, as her team never took a penalty. :hoot: Scott on the other hand has a really nicely built story arc with his fear of heights. 3 of the 6 roadblocks he did were heights. :funny: 1 rappel down due to Brooke's injury, 1 climbing up due to something ??? , and 1 bungee jump which he hated the most. :funny: It was enjoyable seeing him overcome those fears somehow. In the end, climbing the ladder to the memory tasks didn't even scare him (or was I just overlooking things? :lol: ). Anyway, aside from that, I really like his dynamic with Brooke. It taught him to be more patient, to be very patient. :lol: Brooke would have had a different race timeline had Scott not chosen her. What I really like about Scott is his funny commentaries and reactions throughout the race. I think this peaked during the 6th leg, but for half of the race, there's something memorable and funny from him. I noticed that Scott was tense this leg, since it's the finale, thus there were times Brooke was questioning why Scott was yelling at her when in fact Scott was only talking too loud because of the pressure of the final leg. :funny: Somehow, they did switch places this leg similarly to how they did back in the Nihn Bihn leg. :lol: I really like their team dynamic and story arc all throughout the race, so this win was really well-deserved, from strategy all the way to effort. :hoot: :conf: :wohoo:

Overall, this is one amazing season! The cast delivered, the twist worked out very well, the locations were wonderful despite not having a new country, and most leg designs were great, which made most episodes turn out well as a result. The editing improved this season! I'm not sure if it's just me, but in (almost?) every episode, each team was given enough screentime for character development. Hope this season makes future seasons amazing-er than the amazing-est! :hrt:

Note: Too lazy to edit; Pardon any grammatical errors. :-X