Author Topic: Ratings  (Read 25489 times)

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Ratings
« on: January 23, 2017, 12:17:07 PM »
CBS’ new unscripted series “Hunted” got off to a strong start Sunday night following the AFC Championship game. The show, which follows teams of two who try to go off the grid and the professionals who track them down, scored a 3.6 rating in adults 18-49 and 10.77 million viewers, pending updates.

source:http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/daily-ratings/tv-ratings-sunday-jan-22-2017/

Offline mittyzam

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: Ratings
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2017, 12:34:09 AM »
UPDATE: CBS has released time zone-adjusted ratings for “Hunted,” which put the show at a 4.0 in adults 18-49 — the best series debut of the season — and 11.83 million viewers. The original post is below. :conf: :conf:

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2017, 05:07:49 AM »
WOW that's huge!

Hoping it sticks and we'll eventually have TAR/Survivor/BB AND Hunted every year!  :hoot:

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2017, 06:18:10 AM »
WOW that's huge!
Yeah but it was a program following the football final which got 48 million viewers and a 15.4 in the 18-49. Is a (roughly) 25% retention rate good? How does this compare to other shows that follow massive football games?

Anyway, I sort of hope Hunted fails just so it TAR reduces the probability that TAR gets canceled. #longliveTAR

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2017, 07:19:55 AM »
I am happy for Hunted. I think this shows we are all hungry for any fun programming. I bet TAR would have matched or exceeded those ratings in that valuable timeslot.

The real test will be how it holds  up in their usual time slot. This week is two hours. Next week will be the test. Not sure if this will hold...hope so!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline TheRabbi

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2017, 10:09:59 AM »
A 1.3 and 1.4 rating for its 2 hours last night. Not bad, but nothing to get too excited about. I admit I was rooting for low ratings to help save TAR. I'm not really digging the show so far either.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2017, 10:28:49 AM »
In regards to TAR, I really don't see what's wrong? I want it to survive as much as anyone but I absolutely loved the UK original of Hunted and I am loving this US adaptation.

When new concepts come, wish for them to succeed so Reality-Competition as a genre grows even more.

Welcome new concepts. Embrace them. Support them.

For every TAR/Survivor/BB that occurs, there are the sadly neglected one season wonders such as Capture, The Quest, Whodunnit, and so much more.

I'm hoping for this to succeed. I would love TAR/Survivor/BB/Hunted years to come.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2017, 02:17:24 PM »
A 1.3 and 1.4 rating for its 2 hours last night. Not bad, but nothing to get too excited about. I admit I was rooting for low ratings to help save TAR. I'm not really digging the show so far either.

Hunted succeeding or failing will not hurt TAR or help us. Apples and Oranges. What is good for us is REALITY programming succeeding. Survivor, Hunted, others show that there is still a place for Reality Programming. What we will need is the same level of commitment to TAR: good promos and advertising, lots of insider vids, true promotion. We needed a two hour start with this season's concept and we got it. That's a good start.

I need a :like: Gamer! Nicely said.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2017, 12:29:07 PM »
Can someone tell me if the ratings for Hunted as been good/decent/bad? I am really liking the show and I would like to know if I can expect more seasons to come.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2017, 02:29:34 PM »
I'd like a ratings update from our experts as well. :tup:

But they are currently casting season 2 so that looks pretty good.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2017, 03:09:05 PM »
The show has been very steady since episode 2 (the 2-hour one). :)

Episode 3 had 1.3 rating and 5.39m viewers;
Episode 4 - 1.2 and 5.37m;
Episode 5 - 1.2 and 5.26m;
Episode 6 - 1.2 and 5.07m.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2017, 04:50:46 PM »
It's doing pretty good especially for non-Survivor shows at 8 PM EST.

Considering how they're casting already for Season 2, I pray that we eventually get the CBS Reality night we all deserve with TAR-Survivor-Hunted.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2017, 05:34:37 PM »
People throw that idea in all directions around here, but I personally hope they never do that. If I had 3 hours of my favorite shows stuffed into one night, I would definitely watch just 1 or maybe 2 and then download/DVR the rest. It's just too much and I don't think people would like to be glued to the TV for so long. What would be best is if TAR regained its Sunday slot and RTV remained spread out throughout the week, but this is the Hunted board and I've already strayed too much so don't kill me too much please. :)

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2017, 06:05:43 PM »
Ok I'm glad it's doing well! I just got scared a little bit because I thought I read somewhere that it was 3rd in it's timeslot and I don't know if that is good or bad.

Offline angkorwhat

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2017, 05:39:41 PM »
Do we have any idea of this show's chance at renewal?  I quite enjoyed it.

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2017, 06:36:46 AM »
Do we have any idea of this show's chance at renewal?  I quite enjoyed it.
I don't know but if the rumoured writers strike happens, it's chance of renewal (as well as that of all Reality Shows) increase dramatically.

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2017, 12:44:25 PM »
Not sure where to ask, but is Hunted renewed, cancelled, or in limbo? I remember the detectives saying in extra videos that they were casting for season 2, but I really haven't heard any updates yet...

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2017, 02:54:23 PM »
Together with '48 Hours: NCIS', 'The Case Of' and 'Code Black' (as well as BB: OTT on All Access), Hunted has neither been renewed nor cancelled.

I believe we should at least get an official statement some time? Though because it finished airing so long ago, I figure it will get cancelled. :/

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2017, 04:49:56 PM »
Hunted got NO mention at the Upfronts. My guess is "not renewed".....

Doesn't mean they can't try later...but NO news is NOT good news.
RFF's Golden Rule: