Author Topic: ANY QUESTIONS FOR THE AMAZING RACERS??  (Read 19976 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: ANY QUESTIONS FOR THE AMAZING RACERS??
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2017, 09:06:48 AM »

What flight did Scott try to get he and Brooke tickets for in this video? (fwiw I can see two stops and a reference to a 75 minute lead).

Answered here: http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,32194.msg1194517.html#msg1194517
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2017, 09:08:43 AM »
Peach just wondering, is this questions to the teams themselves or just TAR29 in general? I think I may be misinterpreting this thread :lol:

re: TAR29 (this could apply to 28 too maybe): Why did production choose to make new designs for the U-Turn or Speed Bump boards every time they appeared instead of using the uniform board? Spoiler concerns?

Racers mostly.

Possibility of production ...maybe.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 09:36:19 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2017, 09:13:15 AM »
Interesting tidbit: from one of the podcasts

Camera guys did not do the climb up the hill to the MAT in Nam leg two. They filmed the racers starting up and then arriving at top.

:funny:

So...how did they get there? Is there a drive up? More research needed! I can't remember another task that the cameraguys did not do... Does anyone else?
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2017, 10:02:25 AM »
Perhaps after filming the teams starting the climb, each team's cameramen just went to a rest location (hotel or whatever), while Phil's crew filmed each team from the top?

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2017, 11:29:24 AM »
Interested on how Phil and the Greeters stand at the Pitstop, do they even like get to rest?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2017, 11:30:50 AM »
In some of our spoiler pics you can see shade/tents set up, tables, chairs etc
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2017, 02:51:50 PM »
Welly question is abandoned :lol:
what might have been

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2017, 05:09:53 PM »
Interested on how Phil and the Greeters stand at the Pitstop, do they even like get to rest?

Yes, they do rest. Producers keep tabs on racer whereabouts.
For example, the Sao Paulo Pit Stop which is the one I got to witness. After teams 5, 6, 7, 8 (Fun, Scott and Brooke, Tara & Joey and LoLo) checked in and were done with the mat interviews, they were released and Phil and the greeter were also sent to rest as Shamir and Sara were still at the Roadblock.
Once racers are heading to pit stop their positions at the mat are reset. We even had a picture of the Sao Paulo greeter resting from someone else back then.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2017, 05:13:13 PM »
Is that real, that there were no limitation to use U-turn this season?

Yes. Racers could use as many as they pleased

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2017, 07:06:33 PM »
Did Vanck & Ashton receive a penalty at the first Pit Stop?

I don't have the episode handy at the moment, but Phil said something slightly different to them as they checked in. It was something like "You are NOW team number 7" (or whatever number)
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2017, 08:51:47 PM »
Did Vanck & Ashton receive a penalty at the first Pit Stop?

I don't have the episode handy at the moment, but Phil said something slightly different to them as they checked in. It was something like "You are NOW team number 7" (or whatever number)

Just rewound it. Phil says "I am pleased to tell you that you are officially Team Number Seven".

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2017, 09:58:43 PM »
Okay. Still seems a little weird to add 'officially' in there, but I guess I was mis-remembering.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2017, 05:21:24 AM »
How can we get zero sighting in Seoul despite they went to popular places like the Gangnam District  :groan:

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2017, 05:34:52 AM »
Are Shamir & Sara still friends?

Offline serendipity

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2017, 01:17:29 PM »
Question for Sara - If she was not chosen by Shamir, would she have chosen Logan at the starting line? She was the next one to choose had Shamir not choosing her!

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2017, 02:04:07 PM »
1. Any unaired funny stories/incidents?

2. Locations:
Hotel/Start for Leg 2 in Panama
Hotel/Start for Leg 11 in Hanoi
Second cheese lady in Arahova
Ninh Binh shrimp farmer where the baskets were delivered

Offline Palperro

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • aka Paldog aka Paldog123456
« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2017, 08:41:17 PM »
Is TARCon still a thing?
Por ti volaré

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2017, 01:52:46 AM »
Sadly no...The organizers of TARcon retired. There are events, but not a "TARcon" per se.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Kamineko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2017, 01:55:15 AM »
Questions for everyone (or maybe the productions): Where did the shoots for the intro taken? :)
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2017, 02:00:50 AM »
peach idk if you're still taking questions but lets pretend that this is a reunion :lol:

"omg i have SO MANY QUESTIONS FOR THIS AMAZING CAST :lol: <3

But here's me limiting myself and just asking one team one question at a time! (like I'm hosting a proper reunion where I DON'T ignore anyone, take notes JEFF PROBST!)

Kevin & Jenn: You guys were so much fun and it was really sad to see you guys go first! :( My question is: How long did it take you to do the Detour before you guys were given the penalty?

Jessie & Francesca: You guys got screwed by a bad flight, really sucks to see you go Leg 2! You guys could have been the third all-female team to win this Race :( My question is: Were you two surprised how well you both got along? And how did it feel to be the first ever team to be driven by Phil Keoghan?

Seth & Olive: You guys were such a competitive team and you got undone by the worst U-Turn placement ever on the Race! :( My question is: Were there moments in the edit that didn't make it to TV that you would have loved to see?

Shamir & Sara: You guys butted heads, but I loved almost every minute of it and I was HOPING you guys would catch that break with a Non-Elim. :( Sara, you may not have won The Amazing Race, but it looks like you won true love with Logan. Congratulations! Shamir, how was it watching your journey on TV and did the Race aid you in a bit of self-improvement?

Vanck & Ashton: You guys were my second favorite team of the season and your boot episode crushed me :( My question is: Do you guys regret using the U-Turn early on and having that target on your back? Do you guys think you could have avoided the tragedy of the first Italy leg had you guys not used it?

Mike & Liz: Mike, seeing you be so apologetic about your actions really warms my heart! Most racers would just blame a "bad edit" allthewhile ignoring that the racers themselves make the content - what we see is something that did occur, no matter the context. For that, I salute you! Both of you were so fun to watch and your journey with easily leaping to the front and then falling behind and then leaping to the front again was iconic! My question to you guys is: During the episodes where you guys killed it in Tanzania, there was a secret scene of you guys arguing. Do you guys think that the bickering, overall, never slowed you down and the true achilles heel of your team was the navigation?

Becca & Floyd: I absolutely loved your positive attitude and your spirits! The way you went out was absolutely heartbreaking and without a doubt, I would love to see you guys again. My question is: Was it always Awesome on the Fun Meter? Or were there times that it was on the way left side of the spectrum?

Matt & Redmond: You guys were the strongest team of the season placement-wise and good job at nearly running the entire Race! My question to you guys are: Do you think you could have survived the leg if you didn't take the train?

London & Logan: London, your recaps with your sister were the most entertaining I've seen on YouTube! I know you make fun of your bad edit, but you still have a fan in me. You guys were so positive and fun about everything, even the smallest of editing couldn't hide that fact! Logan, you may not have won the Race but it looks like you won true love with Sara so congratulations! My question to you guys is: Did #TeamLoLo ever have any disagreements that were mercifully unaired?

Tara & Joey: You guys proved that age was just a number and despite being the oldest team you guys almost won, good job! My question is: Tara & Joey, how long did it take for you guys to correct your mistake? Do you guys think that had you left your bags that you could have gotten closer to the win?

Brooke & Scott: My favorite team of the ENTIRE season, a giant congratulations to you two! My question is: Did you guys feel that you got an unfair edit in a way? Or do you not regret anything about how you raced? A big congratulations to you two again!"

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2017, 08:16:23 AM »
Questions for everyone (or maybe the productions): Where did the shoots for the intro taken? :)

From 1 or 2 different recap podcasts.
The Intro was shot in Chicago. The racers were held in Chicago for one extra day after the final leg, to shoot the opening intros.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2017, 12:29:24 PM »
Question for Sara - If she was not chosen by Shamir, would she have chosen Logan at the starting line? She was the next one to choose had Shamir not choosing her!

This was answered in Sara's exit interview, and she said yes she would pick Logan since he looks physically fit.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #47 on: June 02, 2017, 12:40:28 PM »
To every racer:
Which fellow contestants stood out (positively or negatively) based on 1st impression, besides your teammate?
To those who were not able to pick a teammate, who were your Top 2 or 3 choices from the starting line?

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #48 on: June 03, 2017, 02:05:57 AM »
From the episode, we saw that Olive Ashton London Matt Shamir Sara Seth Vanck Floyd Redmond Becca Scott and Joey were the first contestants to reach the luggage shop. In what order did any of the remaining contestants arrive? (Not counting Joey's return trip)

Shamir & Sara, Vanck & Ashton, Tara & Joey and Jessie & Francesca were not shown reaching the Miraflores locks. In what order did they find the clue there?

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #49 on: June 05, 2017, 01:58:26 AM »
In what order did teams arrive at the Monument in Dar es Salaam (Leg 3)?