Author Topic: TAR 29 EP 12 FINALE 'We're Going To Victory Lane' 6/1/17  (Read 33707 times)

Offline amazingracefanforum

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: TAR 29 EP 12 FINALE 'We're Going To Victory Lane' 6/1/17
« Reply #75 on: June 01, 2017, 08:35:18 PM »
Quote from: Declive on May 26, 2017, 07:13:46 PM
I think Tara and Joey won. What is that last scream of happiness on the stadium by Joey? To me it seems like that team that knows he is in first and will win it.

It's (presumably) the applauding eliminated teams. It sounds more than one person.

Commenting to the copied posts; I hope Tara and Joey wins but I don't think they will.  It is hard for a Harvard grad and a teammate attorney to be beaten when it comes to mental recall ... the teams that helped Brooke during the metal challenge should have taken that into consideration when they helped her.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #76 on: June 02, 2017, 01:20:43 AM »
Not being a frequent flier, I was confused by Scott/Brooke talking about "gate-checking" their luggage. The reading I've done tells me a gate-check is a way for airlines to deal with strollers and carseats. Did they mean to say that they put their backpacks into checked luggage and then abandoned them at the airport?  ???

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #77 on: June 02, 2017, 04:32:48 AM »
She probably just said it wrong meaning she checked it in and check in

Offline BoxOfficeR

• RFF Full Member
    • Box Office Revolution
« Reply #78 on: June 02, 2017, 05:57:50 AM »
This finale certainly caps off a very unpredictable season, which was caused by the three U-Turns and several other unusual factors.  There were at least three teams who could have very easily won (Seth\Olive, Becca\Floyd, Matt\Redmond) who were eliminated in very unexpected fashions.  Scott and Brooke definitely showed that no matter what, you never give up.  It was a well-cast and well-designed season; having only one season per year probably increases the overall quality.

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #79 on: June 02, 2017, 06:05:29 AM »
Not being a frequent flier, I was confused by Scott/Brooke talking about "gate-checking" their luggage. The reading I've done tells me a gate-check is a way for airlines to deal with strollers and carseats. Did they mean to say that they put their backpacks into checked luggage and then abandoned them at the airport?  ???

I remember there were season where some of the racers just threw away their pack, but in most recent ones, most experienced ones (as in people who have watched multiple seasons of the show) have been seen arranging with airline crew to have bags returned to them later.

Back in TAR28, I remember that we had sightings from the final flight back to the US for Tyler and Korey provided by members from the flight crew, who if I am not mistaken even mentioned helping them with arrangements with their bags.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #80 on: June 04, 2017, 12:46:12 AM »
So happy that Brooke & Scott won it. They really deserved it.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard