Author Topic: TAR 29 Ep 11 LIVE SHOW Updates & Commentary! 5/25/17  (Read 24860 times)

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
Re: TAR 29 Ep 11 LIVE SHOW Updates & Commentary! 5/25/17
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2017, 09:56:44 PM »
And Tara get some standing ovations by the Korean crowd after closely defeating her professional! "Freaking punk!" :funny:

Matt has quickly defeated the opponent in record time for racers while Mom and Dad just get their taxi. We are in a foot race after Matt gets the clue!

Tara despises video games and have a new fear. Tara & Joey and Matt & Redmond restart stairs vs elevator competition, but Tara & Joey come out on top and are the final team who will enjoy racing for the million! Woohoo!!!

Unfortunately, for Matt & Red, they see everyone else has checked in and are the last to arrive and are eliminated from the race. :( They wanted to show the world strangers can partner up and be a great team. They leave as great friends/buddies!

Final three talking about their competitive outputs over the course of the past 11 legs.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2017, 09:57:46 PM »
Stay tuned for scenes from our season finale!
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2017, 09:59:03 PM »
The boys will win this leg if not because of their transport mistake :(

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2017, 10:00:09 PM »
On the season finale: Teams rev up as they head to (my hometown) of the Windy City, Chicago!!! :wohoo: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

JOEY: "Go Red Sox!"
 :groan: I liked Joey until this quote. Never say this on Cubs grounds.

Who will come out on top and win the million dollars?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 10:03:57 PM by RachelLeVega »

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2017, 10:02:05 PM »
One decision is all it takes to eliminate a team. :torche It's like how Burnie & Ashley from last season made a different mistake too which cost them a spot in the F3.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 10:07:00 PM by Platrium »

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2017, 10:16:48 PM »
this leg was so good with upset elimination

Offline Tallguy700

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2017, 10:22:03 PM »
I am so sick and tired of seeing teams lose because of cabs that production deliberately rig. It doesn't matter if Matt & Redmond had a discounted fare or not, your job is to take people where they pay you to take them - there's just no excuse as to why cab drivers shouldn't know when they do this same job hundreds of times. It's unfair that teams get screwed over because of crap like this and not because of factors in their control.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2017, 10:24:55 PM »
Finally a leg where Brooke doesn't cry "I can't!" and look what happens!

Moral of the story: You can if you believe you can ;)

Matt & Redmond kinda screwed themselves. I don't think choosing the subway has EVER turned out well for a team.

Offline Erebus1111

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2017, 10:27:54 PM »
I don't think choosing the subway has EVER turned out well for a team.

I thought Rob and Brennan from S1 took the subway to the pitstop. Or am I miss remembering that leg?
School of Griffin 4 Life

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2017, 10:31:49 PM »
I don't think choosing the subway has EVER turned out well for a team.

I thought Rob and Brennan from S1 took the subway to the pitstop. Or am I miss remembering that leg?

The clue instructed everyone to take the subway to the final mat.

Also I thiiiiiiink the only time it worked out was TAR 13 and honestly that was only due to it being a part of the Detour, the other half of which was "ride this tram that you don't realize is super slow".

Offline Tallguy700

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2017, 10:33:21 PM »
Finally a leg where Brooke doesn't cry "I can't!" and look what happens!

Moral of the story: You can if you believe you can ;)

Matt & Redmond kinda screwed themselves. I don't think choosing the subway has EVER turned out well for a team.

From what I saw, it wasn't the subway that put them so far behind. Their cab driver kept intentionally going the wrong way for like an extra half hour and even said himself that it was because of the reduced fare. Minutes like that could have saved Matt & Redmond if the leg wasn't blatantly rigged.

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2017, 10:34:37 PM »
I am so sick and tired of seeing teams lose because of cabs that production deliberately rig. It doesn't matter if Matt & Redmond had a discounted fare or not, your job is to take people where they pay you to take them - there's just no excuse as to why cab drivers shouldn't know when they do this same job hundreds of times. It's unfair that teams get screwed over because of crap like this and not because of factors in their control.

If production wanted to rig it against anyone, wouldn't it be to get rid of relatively boring London & Logan?

Also had Matt & Red just taken a taxi from the beginning, they could've just followed the other three teams to the first RB.

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2017, 10:38:55 PM »

If production wanted to rig it against anyone, wouldn't it be to get rid of relatively boring London & Logan?

Also had Matt & Red just taken a taxi from the beginning, they could've just followed the other three teams to the first RB.

I can say "Rigged" if they chose the taxi themselves. People may say "rigged" when something like TAR 24 final happened (Even I'm Dave & Connor's fan, I didn't love that final at all, it was so boring).

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2017, 10:42:56 PM »
There's no rigging here lmao, Allison Grodner isn't an executive producer.

Offline Tallguy700

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2017, 10:48:49 PM »
I don't think it's fair to say that taking the subway was an obviously bad move. Matt & Redmond might have been playing it safe thinking the other teams would get stuck in traffic or whatever, and probably figured that the subway would put them in first.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2017, 10:50:46 PM »

Also a fair point - why would they rig it AGAINST Matt & Redmond especially considering Redmond's story??? :lol:

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2017, 10:53:27 PM »
The taxi driver misheard Matt & Redmond's request to take them to the "Olympic Gym", the Olympic Gymnastics Arena is what was first implied. They didn't clarify enough to travel to the university. 'Deliberately rig' is such an extreme word to use in this case as the taxi was completely random.

I bet my best ten cents that had Brooke & Scott got eliminated because of a bad cab, you would have said it was karma for Brooke's obnoxiousness.

Offline Kamineko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2017, 10:57:12 PM »

Wait, I HAVEN'T watched the episode yet but I don't understand why you said that the production deliberately rig the taxi? Do you have any proof that the production rigged the cab or you said that just because Matt & Redmond is your favorite team and they're eliminated because of taxi problem?
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline Kamineko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2017, 11:11:20 PM »
The taxi driver misheard Matt & Redmond's request to take them to the "Olympic Gym", the Olympic Gymnastics Arena is what was first implied. They didn't clarify enough to travel to the university. 'Deliberately rig' is such an extreme word to use in this case as the taxi was completely random.

I bet my best ten cents that had Brooke & Scott got eliminated because of a bad cab, you would have said it was karma for Brooke's obnoxiousness.

This!

It's easy for someone who root a team that's eliminated to say that the production rigged the game, but when a team they don't like get eliminated because of human error, they would say that it's a karma. ;)
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2017, 11:37:48 PM »

screaming
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2017, 11:53:07 PM »
NO rigging. :groan:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline redwings8831

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2017, 12:10:57 AM »

screaming

Sigh  :funny:

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #47 on: May 26, 2017, 01:00:11 AM »
I also know I haven't been as active talking about this season (since I co-run the fantasy game  :escape), but I also want to say that this leg, like almost every other leg minus Italy, has been amazing!

This season is utterly phenomenal, I actually started losing hope in TARUS especially during Season 27 and 28, really happy and surprised that TAR29 is iconic!  :bunny

This is EASILY a Top 5 season <3333333

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2017, 01:35:06 AM »
Brooke and Scoot <33333
All the leg except Italy 1 are decent (Vanck and Ashton :chute: )
TAR 29 is now one of my top 5 seasons (alongside season 5, 12, 22 and 26).

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #49 on: May 26, 2017, 01:42:27 AM »
NO NO NO NO RED AND MATT!!!

Oh well, well done boys and they were very humble in their loss.

And Tallguy700, there was no rigging! Production DO NOT do that!