Author Topic: TAR 30 MEDIA  (Read 28747 times)

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
Re: TAR 30 MEDIA
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2017, 04:00:10 AM »
According to poster kaedav in first page:

It sounds they have gotten no where with Season 30.

It seems like they will be filming in October. I expect a 1 season p/y now. But if it means better seasons, im fine.

Updated. See post at page 13 at TAR 30 Pre-Race Speculation thread and also page 13 on Ongoing Apps thread.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 03:57:14 AM by claude_24hrs »

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2017, 07:36:08 AM »
It's ok to have another long hiatus as long the outcome as TAR 29 had.

I
what might have been

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2017, 01:04:25 AM »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2017, 05:40:44 PM »
The Amazing Race - You're a Champion, Prove It (Preview)

The milestone 30th season of THE AMAZING RACE kicks off from Washington Square Park in New York City with some of the most competitive and accomplished group of racers ever to take on the Race. Teams travel to their first destination, Iceland, where they must traverse a massive canyon high above the Geitargljufur River, on the season premiere of The Amazing Race, Wednesday, January 3 at 10/9c. Only CBS

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/IEq18Dzx9lk" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/IEq18Dzx9lk</a>

Offline ilovetoread

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2017, 08:08:18 PM »
The preview played during Survivor tonight!

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2017, 08:40:24 PM »
The Amazing Race: Phil Keoghan Predicts Who Will Win Season 30

It's time for a new season of The Amazing Race, which means it's also time to make predictions on who will win. To get the opinion of someone who may actually know a thing or two about this season, TV Guide sat down with host Phil Keoghan to ask how he sees the upcoming adventure shaking out.

Phil obliged us in giving us his semi-annual list, but added the qualifier that he's always wrong in the beginning. This season — the Emmy winner's 30th — the veteran host has it even tougher because the show is celebrating 30 trips around the world with the most competitive group of athletes The Amazing Race has ever seen. Firefighters, lifeguards, race car drivers and professional basketball players are all vying for the top prize, but most of them are not at the top of Phil's lineup.

He predicts that the race car drivers will do well. In fact, Phil predicts they'll make it to second place over Big Brother couple Cody Nickson and Jessica Graf. However, his top pick is #TeamExtreme — Kristi Leskinen and Jen Hudak. The freestyle skiers are both X Games veterans and have been voted in the Top 20 Adventure athletes of all time. Yeah, we'd agree that's makes them pretty tough competition to beat.

The Amazing Race premieres Jan. 3 at 8/7c on CBS.

http://www.tvguide.com/news/the-amazing-race-phil-keoghan-who-will-win-season-30/

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2017, 02:11:13 PM »
https://parade.com/631023/mikebloom/the-amazing-race-host-phil-keoghan-celebrates-30-seasons-of-travel/

Phil talks about the aftermath of the show after 9/11, talks about the show's dedicated fanbase, and hints about the upcoming season.

Show content
Mentions the visit to Bahrain.

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2017, 10:42:34 PM »
The Futon Critic has listed episodes two and three:

Episode 2: You're the Best French Fry Ever (to be aired 01/10/2018)
Episode 3: It's Gonna Be a Fragrant Day (to be aired 01/17/2018)

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/showatch/amazing-race/listings/

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2017, 03:48:20 PM »
Whoa...they're really adopting THAT?

Offline jb542

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2017, 03:52:04 PM »
Do teams have the option in choosing that or not? When they were in Belgium, I thought the french fry task was a roadblock. If every team competes, will this be the only thing in the episode?

EDIT:
Or maybe the last 2 teams to the mat compete and whoever wins, is safe and the other team is eliminated
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 04:04:26 PM by jb542 »

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2017, 03:53:20 PM »
If they are adopting THAT, wasn't expecting it.

Show content
If the frites race in Antwerp is a Face Off, it's definitely interesting that it looks more Hamerotz than TARC.

Offline jb542

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2017, 03:55:07 PM »
If they are adopting THAT, wasn't expecting it.

Show content
If the frites race in Antwerp is a Face Off, it's definitely interesting that it looks more Hamerotz than TARC.

That is why the challenge was at the mat. I thought something was weird when the challenge was right at the mat

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2017, 03:55:36 PM »
Do teams have the option in choosing that or not? When they were in Belgium, I thought the french fry task was a roadblock. If every team competes, will this be the only thing in the episode?

If they're outright copying it from the other versions, yes. Every team has to do it, and wait for the next team if they lose. A la Intersections. It won't be the only task, no.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2017, 04:16:29 PM »
If the French-fry task is a Face-Off!  :xmas146 :cmas23 :cmas16 :cmas51

CocoNuts

« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2017, 05:21:19 PM »
Yayyyyyyyy!!!!

If it's a challenge to see who's eliminated BOOOOO! What is this Survivor??

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2017, 05:32:48 PM »
Guys! This is the Media thread. If a location/task/outcome has NOT been discussed in the MEDIA itself, this is NOT the place for spoiler-ish discussion. Please take that to the spoiler threads. Thanks!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline ilovetoread

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2017, 02:11:26 PM »
So many promos during the Patriots/Jets game today! Can't wait for Wednesday!

Offline jb542

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #42 on: January 01, 2018, 07:00:58 AM »

Offline DavidJunior

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #43 on: January 01, 2018, 02:43:26 PM »
I see meeeeeeeee! :xmas146 :hearts:

They even caught me on camera posting to the forum about Joey eating a hotdog at the start  :cmaslol

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #44 on: January 01, 2018, 02:54:28 PM »
I see meeeeeeeee! :xmas146 :hearts:

They even caught me on camera posting to the forum about Joey eating a hotdog at the start  :cmaslol

Congratulations :lol:

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #46 on: January 03, 2018, 04:14:31 AM »
http://www.tvguide.com/news/the-amazing-races-phil-keoghan-season-30-preview/?rss=breakingnews

The Amazing Race's Phil Keoghan Says Look Out for Yoga Moms in Season 30!

The Amazing Race turns the big 3-0 on Wednesday, Jan. 3, and the CBS veteran reality series is celebrating by pitting the most competitive teams it could find against each other knowing that only one team will emerge victorious.

The landmark season kicked off in Washington Square Park in New York City in October, where TV Guide met host Phil Keoghan for our semi-annual chat about the upcoming season. The host reflected on reaching 30 seasons, why the race is still going and what fans are going to get out of the upcoming episodes, featuring pro-athletes, a divisive Big Brothercouple, firefighters, cops, and moms who do yoga with goats.

Phil Keoghan: It feels great to be at Season 30. It's such a milestone. We weren't really sure if we were going to have a chance to come back and do 30, to be honest with you. The fact that we get to this milestone number of 30 seasons is really a great opportunity. I think everybody is really pumped up for this season and I think the stakes are a lot harder this season. We have the most competitive teams, collectively, on paper that we've ever had. You just look at the credentials of every single one of these teams.

MORE at link above.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2018, 01:49:29 PM »
http://www.tvguide.com/news/the-amazing-races-phil-keoghan-season-30-preview/?rss=breakingnews

The Amazing Race's Phil Keoghan Says Look Out for Yoga Moms in Season 30!

The Amazing Race turns the big 3-0 on Wednesday, Jan. 3, and the CBS veteran reality series is celebrating by pitting the most competitive teams it could find against each other knowing that only one team will emerge victorious.

The landmark season kicked off in Washington Square Park in New York City in October, where TV Guide met host Phil Keoghan for our semi-annual chat about the upcoming season. The host reflected on reaching 30 seasons, why the race is still going and what fans are going to get out of the upcoming episodes, featuring pro-athletes, a divisive Big Brothercouple, firefighters, cops, and moms who do yoga with goats.

Phil Keoghan: It feels great to be at Season 30. It's such a milestone. We weren't really sure if we were going to have a chance to come back and do 30, to be honest with you. The fact that we get to this milestone number of 30 seasons is really a great opportunity. I think everybody is really pumped up for this season and I think the stakes are a lot harder this season. We have the most competitive teams, collectively, on paper that we've ever had. You just look at the credentials of every single one of these teams.

MORE at link above.

Phil's prediction:

Winners: Skiers
2nd place: Nascar racers
3rd place: Team Big brother
4th: Competitive eaters
5th: Debaters
6th: Basketball
7th: Well strungs
8th: Lifeguards
9th: Firefighter twins
10th: Ring Girls
11th: Yoga Moms

Let's see how he did  :cmas22

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #48 on: January 03, 2018, 02:45:47 PM »
Phil Keoghan Takes Us Behind the Scenes of 'The Amazing Race' Season 30

Ingela Ratledge January 03, 2018 3:00 pm

What a trip! CBS’s reality competition The Amazing Race has been crisscrossing the globe for 30 seasons. And its current installment could be the most intense yet: All of the teams vying for $1 million are comprised of folks who’ve risen to the top of their respective fields, from former NBA pros Cedric Ceballos and Shawn Marion to Yale debating champs Henry Zhang and Evan Lynyak. In honor of the anniversary, host Phil Keoghan (above, addressing the group) reveals behind-the-scenes intel on the wild ride ahead.

PERENNIAL WINNERS MAKE FOR SORE LOSERS “Usually, we put so-called ordinary people in extraordinary situations,” Keoghan says. “But this season, we’re going to see what happens when they’re elite, highly skilled people from many walks of life.” The answer? Well, not all of those skills will be transferable—much to the contestants’ dismay. Says Keoghan, “They’re not used to floundering or being out of their wheelhouse, so it’s humbling…and kind of funny to watch!”

THE CHALLENGES ARE CUSTOMIZED Given the teams’ wide array of expertise, the powers that be had to work extra hard to come up with Roadblocks, Detours and such that wouldn’t offer unfair advantages or handicaps. “We go to incredible lengths to make sure it’s balanced,” Keoghan notes. “We can’t expect our basketball guys to float down a river in a tiny wicker basket—they’d sink!”

IT’S THE JOURNEY…AND THE DESTINATION(S) Never content to rest on its laurels (or 15 Emmy wins), the show’s crew came into this year creative guns blazing. “We’re always looking to keep it fresh with different graphics or ways to get into the challenges,” Keoghan says. Fittingly, they’ll be covering new ground in the literal sense as well. Says Keoghan, “We’ll be sharing Bahrain with the audience, because who’s been to Bahrain? If it’s a struggle to point out on the map, then that’s a good place to go!”

https://www.tvinsider.com/655865/the-amazing-race-season-30-phil-keoghan-interview-behind-the-scenes/
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #49 on: January 03, 2018, 04:31:14 PM »
So many articles on the premiere. Sneak peek of Jessica & Cody in Iceland:

http://www.etonline.com/media/videos/big-brother-couple-jess-and-cody-take-amazing-race-iceland-exclusive-93378