Author Topic: TAR 30: Pre-Race Speculation (Will contain 29 Cast and Location Spoilers)  (Read 51225 times)

Offline TAR456

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Courtney Shayne is so evil.
Oh yes. Remember AllStars when we lost Tanzania? That filmed during Ramadan I believed.

BUT we do not have a cast yet...so unlikely for filming to start that soon.

Uh, I don't think so. That one filmed from November 20 to December 17, 2006 while Ramadan ended during 23 October, so a month difference.
I only care about female team to win or final 3!
----
"If they are just thanking, then the world revolved around us to be fine."

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
Oh yes. Remember AllStars when we lost Tanzania? That filmed during Ramadan I believed.

BUT we do not have a cast yet...so unlikely for filming to start that soon.
I remember it was not Ramadan month, but instead of southern Africa having summer holiday on December since they're on south hemisphere and it just happened so close with Hajj (Islam pilgrimage) on the same month that cause the flight ticket overbooked.
TAR25: The best HD season since TAR18.
TARAS3/UB2 Potential Contestant:
Kym & Alli / Shelly & Nici (25), Hayley & Blair (26), Tanner & Josh / Denise & James Earl / Tiffany & Krista (27)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
You guys are the best. It was the Hajj not Ramadan.

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Has any TAR race being filmed between the Muslim Ramadan month? Because this year Ramadan month fall between late May - late June, so is it possible that the TAR30 would only start filmed after July 4 just to avoid logistic issue especially if they intended to visit any Muslim countries.

TAR 27 filmed entirely within Ramadan in 2015. Perhaps not coincidentally, it visited no Muslim countries or had any (to my knowledge) Muslim racers.

Granted, I feel like if they're racing this summer they'll likely avoid the Middle East for...reasons...(aside from like, the UAE again or maybe PETRA FINALLY  :groan:). For probably similar reasons I wouldn't expect a Russia or Ukraine leg either. (I will leave it at that  :angel)

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
Jordan would be great to finally get a visit.

But of countries to be avoided, without getting too political, I doubt TAR would avoid certain countries merely because of political reasons. I almost think they specifically chose Mexico for TAR28 because of all the political discussion about Mexico. So I wouldn't count out a Russia or even Korean DMZ visit again. It would be like avoiding the UK because of the Manchester bombing or Brussels and Paris last year. And they certainly didn't avoid France.

Online sleipnir

• RFF Not So Newbie
Has any TAR race being filmed between the Muslim Ramadan month? Because this year Ramadan month fall between late May - late June, so is it possible that the TAR30 would only start filmed after July 4 just to avoid logistic issue especially if they intended to visit any Muslim countries.
I think this season was in Ramadan for Tanzania leg .I am pretty sure to hear something about that one of recaps.I think Joey or Mike told about them.Because of that they always wear long clothes in very hot weather
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 04:56:34 PM by sleipnir »

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I think Russia also has the hindrance of their visa requirements (cf Terence & Sarah using their transit visa for Russia just to connect to Almaty) or generally how difficult production is (I think after James & Abba there's a hesitation for teams to use gypsy cabs but in most cases that's all that is around). I feel like politics is a fairly obvious issue but I don't think it's the sole reason.

With other countries that are perceived to be dangerous or politically charged (Mexico and Colombia in 28 spring to mind, plus most of the Middle East legs in modern TAR) you're right in that I don't think production actively avoids them, but I think they tend to 'produce' the legs more thoroughly - tasks in smaller, less remote areas, Pit Stops adjusted so that teams race in daylight, sometimes provided flights to the next destination, etc.

That said if they're aiming to increase political discourse Cuba is now fairly easy to get to and there's three franchises' legs to mine from for tasks  :hoot:

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
Well, contemporary TAR is generally more produced and tightly structured these days anyway so theoretically they could still visit any country save for the obvious ones plus ones like a Venezuela that's certainly too volatile for any fun Racing or a Saudi Arabia that may be restrictive in terms of what to do.

And about Cuba, I certainly hope they don't mine anything from TAR Canada's Leg. Such a waste of a Leg.  :grins:

Offline Paldog

• RFF Newbie
I think this season was in Ramadan for Tanzania leg .I am pretty sure to hear something about that one of recaps.I think Joey or Mike told about them.Because of that they always wear long clothes in very hot weather

TAR 11 was in Hajj season when they visited Mozambique and Zanzibar, which caused all of the flight issues teams had and lack of flight availability.
Star Wars Episode VIII: Return of the Paldog

Custom Search