Author Topic: MARVIN MOVIN' OUT; NAKOMIS NEW HoH  (Read 2648 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
MARVIN MOVIN' OUT; NAKOMIS NEW HoH
« on: September 05, 2004, 05:11:58 PM »
EP 25 recap

MARVIN MOVIN' OUT; NAKOMIS NEW HoH

In a special double eviction week, Marvin comes up short and is shown the door by a unanimous 3-0 vote. Despite assurances from Diane that she would protect him, he is unable to sway anyone to his side and finds himself evicted. Following Marvin's eviction, Nakomis wins and is installed as new HoH.

MARVIN VS. ADRIA We watch again as Marvin gets up in Adria's grill about her use of the bible and her assertion that she and Natalie will vote as a bloc when the time comes. "She hugged Karen, Drew and Cowboy," Marvin notes, "I'll be crying in my beer tonight." Nakomis takes note of Marvin's rage and is thrilled that he's letting it fly, because it puts a target on his back, wide and bright. Diane makes the statement that she will not walk out bitter. Perhaps most interestingly, we learn that Karen threw the Chemical Reaction Competition, which suggests that she may have been throwing games all along and is just coming on now.

COWBOY, DREW AND KAREN BREAK IT DOWN

Cowboy talks to Drew first and says he can't handle being a pawn this week. It's his feeling that Karen and Nakomis are really tight, which poses a problem. Drew counters that Marvin is more of a threat. Then, seemingly out of nowhere, Karen and Drew have a one-on-one conversation that might be the beginning of a new alliance. Drew asks who Karen thinks is closest with Marvin, and she replies Diane, admitting she has no proof of this. Karen also goes on record that she can't stand Marvin's arrogance, and then gives Drew a piece of information that sets him off: Marvin wanted to see Drew up on the block so that he could get a taste of what it's like.

Diane walks straight into a minefield when she sits down with Drew in the HoH room. Her opening salvo, "Is it my turn to kiss ass?" doesn't really help matters much. Drew immediately starts badgering her about Marvin's desire to put him on the block. Between Diane not telling him about this "joke" of Marvin's and the kiss from the week prior, the trust between the two lovebirds seems to be shattered. Drew tells Diane, "Sometimes I'm scared of you." She walks out, sad and upset, and goes outside to cry, where she is joined by none other than Karen, who appears to be playing both sides of the Diane/Drew fence. Diane, understanding her delicate position, says, "Don't be surprised if I go up on the block."
DIANE AND MARVIN UP ON THE BLOCK

Drew is trying to not upset too many people. He's bummed that he only has three hours to make the decision, but having been through the experience once before, he feels like he knows what he's doing. He calls the ceremony to order and, asking that he hopes people will understand, he pulls the first key: it's Karen. After Karen, it's Michael, and after Michael it's Nakomis, leaving Marvin and Diane. Drew turns and tells them he's going to be straight up. To Marvin, he says, "I see you as a threat." To Diane, he says there are some trust issues, and it's scary for him.

Marvin is convinced Diane's nomination is a joke, even though Diane insists it's not. Diane is very, very upset and wants to hear from Drew that he trusts her. She ducks into the HoH room and keeps asking him if he trusts her: "I feel like I'm staring at a whole another person." Drew tries to explain away his actions by saying that, for game purposes, he wants it to appear that he and Diane are not so close. "I didn't tell you the truth because you have no acting skills," Drew insists, "I want you to be natural." Diane replies, "If you are trying to put me through hell, you're doing a great job." They engage in a complicated and extended tease about trust. Before the door shuts behind Diane, Drew's last words are "Trust me."

PoV COMPETITION: BOUNCED
Diane declares that if she wins the Power of Veto, she won't use it. She then insists that everybody else do the same. Drew calls his housemates together for the first Veto Competition featuring all the HouseGuests, not just HoH and those on the block. The game appears to be a bit like Skee Ball, but with a twist: you bounce a ball rather than roll it. There are six alleys, each labeled with a HouseGuest's face. The goal is to bounce the ball into the middle of the target in each HouseGuest's alley. Whoever completes all the alleys in the shortest time wins.

Cowboy goes first and doesn't set the bar very high: he finishes in 3:47. As Marvin remarks, "Cowboy couldn't hit the backside of a barn with a shotgun." Karen is next, and showing that she does have skills, hidden and otherwise, finishes in 1:37. Nakomis seems to have the knack, but ends at 2:08. Drew, with basketball in his blood, looks to be the winner when he finishes in 1:29. But then Diane, showing a fierce tenacity, completes the circuit in 1:20. It's all up to Marvin. It appears he might pull it off when he rapidly sinks three balls and is thinking like Kobe and Jason Kidd, but when he finishes in 2:02, it would seem he is definitely finished. "I ain't dead as fried chicken, but the grease is getting real hot," he observes.

The Veto Ceremony is called to order, and it's going to be a test of Diane's trust of the other players. If she doesn't use it on herself, trust is established, if she does, trust is shaken. After giving Marvin an opportunity to speak, Diane chooses to save herself. Forced to nominate somebody else, Drew names Nakomis, virtually sealing Marvin's fate: "It's going to take an act of God and an Act of Congress."

THE MARVIN SITCOM

Julie Chen greets the HouseGuests and asks the two on the chopping block for some final words. Marvin tells his housemates, "I appreciate hanging out with you for the past two and a half months. The best thing I can say is hopefully, I get my own sitcom. If you vote for me, you get a part." Nakomis just keeps it real, saying her posse knows her to be true. The vote goes quickly, and Marvin is evicted by a unanimous count of three to none. Marvin, knowing what was coming, just grabs his bag and goes.

When Marvin greets Julie, he kisses her hand like a gentleman. When Julie asks about Marvin's feelings for Diane, he says it's best not to go there. Julie wants to know about his beef with Adria, and Marvin explains that he doesn't like getting bible verses thrown at him, especially when she came into the House lying all the way. When Julie asks how he will feel about seeing Adria, Marvin tells her, "That's Kool and the Gang. That's Kool and the Four Fonzies."

HoH COMPETITION: READY, SET, GONE Rounding out an action-packed Saturday episode, it's time for another HoH Competition. The remaining HouseGuests stand in their separate booths and have to answer a series of questions relating to items missing from the House. Cowboy gets out to an early lead with two points, but he is joined by Diane, who seems very determined--too determined, in fact--to win, for she buzzes in early on question 7 and is forced out of the game. Nakomis answers the final question relating to the aquarium, and the three-time chopping block resident also becomes the three-time HoH.

Who will Nakomis put up now that the numbers have dwindled? Is it really over for Drew and Diane? Find out Tuesday at 9 PM ET/PT on CBS