Author Topic: TAR 29 Ep 6 LIVE SHOW Updates & Commentary! 4/27/17 *read Post 1*  (Read 15188 times)

Offline Keepcopz

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: TAR 29 Ep 6 LIVE SHOW Updates & Commentary! 4/27/17 *read Post 1*
« Reply #75 on: April 29, 2017, 08:56:03 AM »
Worst leg of the season so far. They should just stick with the Milan night leg tbh.

And are all the U-turn this season gonna be like this? So GROSS and STUPID. In Leg 3, we got the U-Turn result by who can run like 100m faster on beach. And this leg, by who can walk 3 minutes to that castle faster. And the fact that this U-Turn come after the predetermined releasing time bunching-point and place just before the Pit Stop made it even worse. :res:

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #76 on: April 29, 2017, 12:17:09 PM »
Vanessa was definitely more petty if we're going that route :res:

"I can see her whole  :-X! Haha!"
 :res:

Anyway, even without knowing about the First Class upgrade, the reasons on the show really felt petty and out of nowhere.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 02:59:07 PM by dryedmangoez »

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #77 on: April 29, 2017, 06:36:41 PM »
Somebody please rewatch the ending where it shows Vanck & Ashton completing the second Detour.  There's a voiceover from Ashton that sounds clearly edited/chopped and it's really annoying me for some reason... I'm sorry I complain about this all the time but the EDITING :groan:

She says: "We. were. The oddball polar opposite combination" (You barely hear her finish the word "combination") Like.. that sentence doesn't even make any sense in context.

Also: showing Brooke & Scott place 5th before showing Mike & Liz place 4th. Really?

ALSO: They incorrectly showed Brooke & Scott in 4th at the U-Turn board, Team LoLo in 5th, and Vanck & Ashton after them in "last" ("6th")

Offline ornaciawasrobbed

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #78 on: April 30, 2017, 02:49:07 AM »
Ugh this leg sucked. The whole structure was wrong, the U-Turn BEFORE the detour sucks, U-Turn before the pitstop sucks and one of the few interesting teams went home.

When Amazing Race is good, it's great. But poorly designed legs like this ruin the show's overall quality

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #79 on: May 02, 2017, 05:44:29 AM »
I just watched this... WTF Vanck and Ashton were so robbed by such a crap leg design.

This should have been a NEL and had no U-turn to begin with. Agree with the lot of you, what idiot in production decided to put in a double U-turn straight after staggered departure times... with a lopsided detour and no roadblock to catch up on.

So mad Ashton is gone, she was one of my faves. I bet she could have made it all the way had this season played out differently, I feel bad for her :(

Also Brooke is everything. So glad she's paired with Scott, he just amplifies the heck out of her drama. They're so messy, but my gosh they are just such an entertaining team :lol: