Author Topic: TARCAN 5 LIVE SHOW DISCUSSION Episode 1 PREMIERE!  (Read 6631 times)

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
Re: TARCAN 5 LIVE SHOW DISCUSSION Episode 1 PREMIERE!
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2017, 11:03:26 PM »
On a side note, I did not hear anyone say the title quote.

Kenneth or Ryan said it as they were running up to the dragon boats.

My Q's: They arrived by boat...from where?

The clue for the polo task read get by a defender...but aside from one shot of a not close guy on a bike I saw no one actively blocking shots into the net. What happened there?

And re the Maze: Can't believe no one put their partner up on their shoulders for a better view!

Overall fun episode though... STill not sure of the rationale of going straight to Vancouver though. ???

Who most impressed you? I thought the sister (Andrea) was adorable and will be fun to watch!

My guess is symbolism of the coast to coast to mark 150... admittedly a bad connection

My guess, w/o rewatching, is they arrived by sea-taxi from other side of False Creek. It's a hop-on hop-off service.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2017, 11:25:17 PM »
Yeah, found the title quote. Kenneth yells this out at the dragon boats

Got a hunch they say next week's quote, too. It has "hose" and "dude" in it.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2017, 11:25:30 PM »
Penalty on the first task of the race!  :stare

I am quite happy that Aaron and Deb went...  :escape

Nice pit stop location!

kaedav9

« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2017, 04:21:10 AM »
I'm just glad the Newfies stayed in!!!

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2017, 10:25:03 AM »
Really enjoyed this episode.  Canada always seem to pack so much more into their first Leg than the US version.  If this was the US version, it probably would've been - Run to Cabot Tower, Find Clue, NO Task, Flight, Detour, Pitstop.  :groan:  - This is exactly why I much prefer TARC's first Legs.  TAR Oz was good with having a large variety of tasks in their first Legs as well.

Anywhoooo, loving most of the teams, though Ken & Ryan need to reel in their loudness or they're gonna be very hard to listen too.  :groan:

Would rather have seen Dan & Riya go, but glad Megan & Courtney survived, simply because they jumped from near the bottom, to 3rd / 2nd?  Can't remember which one exactly?  ???

Looking forward to next week, but 3 Express Passes??!!! SERIOUSLY!  :o

.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2017, 02:40:45 PM »
Overall

Premiere was not bad but the editing was all over the place. Episode felt rushed.

Andrea and Ebonie taking the penalty rubbed me the wrong way, especially when they said nothing is going to stop them in their intro.

Random Aaron and Deb scene at the airport.

LOL Moments: Aaron and Deb said they were on a budget and Courtney and Megan broke a door exiting the airport. :funny:

None of the teams really stood out except Kenneth and Ryan.

Team by Team Analysis:

Kenneth/Ryan: Annoying and Really Loud (Their taxi driver to the pitstop looked annoyed)
Korey/Ivana - Adam/Andrea - Sam/Paul - Zed/Shabbir: Just there!
Karen/Bert - Went to the wrong Fairmont Hotel  :funny: Complete trainwreck. Why are they opposed to taxis?
Andrea/Ebonie - I'm not sure if they can win me back after their penalty decision.

Bottom 3 Teams all were duds. Their mindsets didn't seem like it was meant for a race.
Dan/Riya - Will be eliminated early on. Complete duds.
Courtney/Megan - Also duds.
Aaron/Deb - Also duds. They didn't seem physically capable of racing.
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2017, 04:05:46 PM »
Fairly decent episode. My favourite team so far would be the siblings which surprised me.

I was shocked a team would quit the first task considering the extreme likelihood of a flight equalizer with some teams. It completely turned me off that team, which is sad because the competently completed the rest of the leg's tasks. The cousins seem like a nice team albeit ditsy, but it was fun to see them go from bottom to top and back to bottom through the leg. The other teams are middling so far, hopefully next week will give us more depth to them.

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2017, 08:02:07 AM »
Shame the undertakers went out as they added a bit of variety, even if a bit gimmicky.  Tasks and locations seemed ok.