Author Topic: TAR 29 Ep 4 & 5 LIVE SHOW Updates & Commentary! 4/20/17 *read Post 1*  (Read 21451 times)

Offline scruffs

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 29 Ep 4 & 5 LIVE SHOW Updates & Commentary! 4/20/17 *read Post 1*
« Reply #150 on: April 23, 2017, 06:40:50 AM »
I am so happy with Tara and Joey's B2B leg wins, however I am not impressed with how they run the race. They always seem so clueless about what they are doing, i.e., knock detour (not bothering to ask questions) and the kayak detour (Tara not believing they already got their clue and Joey not asserting). Still they are my favorite team.

Kind of sad to see Sara and Shamir go. Mostly sad for Sara. I was hoping it was NEL but nope.

I like Brooke and Scott's constant bickering. LOL.

TeamLolo is also a strong team. The female Lo (forgot her name) is always so positive.

I am liking Matt and Redmond (well for this episode). Red helping Brooke is unexpected.

Loving the season so far.  :conf: :conf: :conf:

Chance favors prepared minds.

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #151 on: April 23, 2017, 08:26:39 AM »
Oh my Lord, the double episode was mighty eventful!

To start things off, it was kinda hilarious when Liz and Mike couldn't find Freddie Mercury's house so they just started rummaging around rubble. But I really don't like the fact that Liz is snagging all the episode title quotes!! and the title quote for leg 6? "Double U-turn ahead"? seriously? that's like, presumably the most uncreative and boring title. It does reel in viewers because of the drama, but they definitely could've chosen better.
All teams slide into the detour, which I initially thought would be quite easy. It's really hilarious when London makes that ":o" expression. Still, team LoLo need to go-go. they're way too boring, and London doesn't even like drama. Anyways, really appreciated the gesture when Scott gave away his second key to Becca, and I really liked it when Becca, Redmond and Mike helped Brooke out at the roadblock.
However, anybody who took the 'knock' side of the detour ended up bickering? Vanck and Ashton had bonded over their mutual hate for The Boys, but as soon as they u-turned them, they're back at it with no control? Even Tara and Joey fought, but I'm really glad that they won their first leg ! definitely came off as a surprise that they won.
The S and S express were absolutely disastrous. Shamir and Sara couldn't make up their minds, and upon that they were the only team that couldn't make it on the ferry. That sealed the deal and sent them on the boat back home. Brooke was such a hot mess at the roadblock, but she clearly doesn't work well under pressure. I really liked Team Fun, but as they showed in the last episode, when they're under threat of being eliminated, the fun meter is low.
Shamir and Sara were good riddance. I would've really loved Sara to have raced with Logan (check his Instagram handle) but I guess Shamir had different plans.

The next leg in Norway was breathtaking. I was wondering which team would mess up because of self-driving, and Liz and Mike goofed up here and there, but they won. I initially liked Brooke but she couldn't even eat her serving of rakfisk without complaining about throwing up. Later in the leg she bitches about Vanck and Ashton even though they've done nothing to her. She even (jokingly) takes credit of helping Scott rid himself of his fear of heights. Ugh, Brooke's substituting Shamir for serial complainer. And Matt was right - Becca did miss out on the task.
The roadblock was so cool, not only did it delve into norwegian culture it also contributed to society (for making a world record!). Brooke made a snide remark by encouraging Scott to by-pass Ashton, and I DIDN'T like that, as much as it's just a joke, it discourages Ashton, when Vanck and Ashton have done nothing to them.
The detour was nice, but I used to appreciate the puns, or the alliteration that would be applied into naming the sides of the detour; But I'm sorry, 'Troll' vs. 'Trolls' just sounds so half-assed.
Troll was such a weird task, it seemed easy - but only 2 teams did it. It was kinda cool that people in Alesund can fish from their homes, but the task didn't really delve into any part of local life. Tara and Joey inadvertently just help out Matt and Redmond, but I was glad when Tara and Joey beat them to the pit-stop. Made me wonder, where the hell is Team Fun?!
The fast forward was pretty nice, I was pretty glad that some team actually attempted it and could redeem it. The last time a Fast Forward was successful was in season 25 (I think) and it was pretty shocking when Becca and Floyd came in 3rd. GIVE TEAM FUN A 1ST PLACE!
I also didn't really like Trolls, but the way those rockets (?) were designed really appealed to me. But then again, after one point the teams didn't even bother to pronounce the incantation correct - they just blurted out whatever they remembered and got it. Liz and Mike had their 2nd blow out, way back from the 1st leg. It was pretty intense when all teams checked in at the same time [except for when brooke was bickering even on the way up to the pit-stop; I mean, you guys allied with LoLo, learn to be a little non-reactive from them.]
WHERE ARE THE NEL(s) ??? Since s27 the race has been obsessed w/ TBC legs - 2 of them in s27 and 1 in s28. Don't like the fact that we have 2 legs in Italy - they could've opted for a leg in Italy and 2 legs in Greece instead. But still - I'm excited for the drama to ensue in the next leg - the promo showed Brooke bickering (again), Tara and Joey deciding to U-turn someone (again?) and Liz and Mike having a meltdown. Yikes.

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #152 on: April 24, 2017, 07:14:33 AM »
i love both episodes, esp Norway because the beautiful landscapes  :hrt:
The tasks were good but the detour in Norway was unbalance, the fast forward was awesome  :luvya: This season is getting better, can't wait for the next episode