Author Topic: TAR 29: Ep 6 "Double U-Turn Ahead" 4/27  (Read 13465 times)

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 29: Ep 6 "Double U-Turn Ahead" 4/27
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2017, 02:18:52 AM »
I think they're the same phones we see on TAR26 and 28 that only has the camera app on it for selfies (which I don't think have been released or really paid much attention too with the exception of that shot in Leg 2 where Becca & Floyd take a selfie with their taxi driver).

I think it's an IPhone, look at cap 18 with Mike holding it.

Off Topic: @gamerfan09, interesting gif avatar, couldn't help but notice it, is that Cirie & Debbie? :funny:

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2017, 08:23:38 PM »
SEVERAL TEAMS COME TOGETHER AND TARGET ONE SET OF RACERS AT THE DOUBLE U-TURN IN ITALY, ON “THE AMAZING RACE,” THURSDAY, APRIL 27

“Double U-Turn Ahead” (Milan and Lake Como, Italy) – Several teams come together and target one set of Racers at the double U-turn in Italy, on THE AMAZING RACE, Thursday, April 27 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Phil Keoghan (@philkeoghan) is the host.

CHEAT TWEET: Caution, double U-turn ahead! Several Racers target 1 team! #AmazingRace, 4/27, 10pm @CBS! http://bit.ly/2op1CIP

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2017, 09:26:09 PM »
The photos are up as well. The way the captions are worded, I think the teams might spend the night on the Concordia.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2017, 09:30:58 PM »
The descriptions with what I assume is the leg design order: (no U-Turn pictures)

"Double U-Turn Ahead"--In this Road Block, Floyd must board the ATMosfera Tram Ristorante in Milan, Italy and search for three race markers along the route while eating a meal in order to receive the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE, Thursday, April 27 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2016 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

"Double U-Turn Ahead"--In this Route Marker, Matt (center) and Redmond (right) must take a taxi to the Navigation Lago di Como Marina and search for the steamship Concordia on THE AMAZING RACE, Thursday, April 27 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2016 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

"Double U-Turn Ahead"-- In this Route Marker, Ashton (left) and Vanck (right) board the steamship Concordia. In the morning, the boat will dock at Varenna Marina where teams will be released on THE AMAZING RACE, Thursday, April 27 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2016 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

"Double U-Turn Ahead"-- In Detour A, Ashton (right) wraps Vanck (left) in plaster-soaked gauze to create a ghost mold. Once the plaster dries, they must place the mold on a mannequin and have their work approved by a sculptor before receiving the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE, Thursday, April 27 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2016 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

"Double U-Turn Ahead"-- In Detour B, Brooke (left) and Scott (right) must climb to the top of a rock wall in order to receive the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE, Thursday, April 27 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2016 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

"Double U-Turn Ahead"--Matt (left) and Redmond (right) take a Riva boat to Tremezzo and search along the shoreline of Lake Como for the Pit Stop on THE AMAZING RACE, Thursday, April 27 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2016 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

It definitely seems like teams get to Milan very early in the morning (why it's dark at some Roadblock pics), board the Concordia, do the Detour, face the U-Turn, and then go to the Pit Stop.

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2017, 11:07:57 PM »
SEVERAL TEAMS COME TOGETHER AND TARGET ONE SET OF RACERS AT THE DOUBLE U-TURN IN ITALY, ON “THE AMAZING RACE,” THURSDAY, APRIL 27

“Double U-Turn Ahead” (Milan and Lake Como, Italy) – Several teams come together and target one set of Racers at the double U-turn in Italy, on THE AMAZING RACE, Thursday, April 27 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Phil Keoghan (@philkeoghan) is the host.

CHEAT TWEET: Caution, double U-turn ahead! Several Racers target 1 team! #AmazingRace, 4/27, 10pm @CBS! http://bit.ly/2op1CIP
It is definitely not looking good for Vanck & Ashton  :groan:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2017, 12:18:41 AM »
Cap 14...what is Michael holding? Is that a phone? ???
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2017, 01:17:05 AM »

It is definitely not looking good for Vanck & Ashton  :groan:

Another Twinnie strategy perhaps? ???

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2017, 01:22:21 AM »
Off Topic: @gamerfan09, interesting gif avatar, couldn't help but notice it, is that Cirie & Debbie? :funny:

Yes :lol:

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2017, 09:57:49 AM »
I think it's possible for the teams to be targeting Tara & Joey since they are running their own race and they got 2 1st-place finishes already, but they probably got ahead of everyone else so I guess it didn't matter? ???

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2017, 10:55:43 AM »
I'm 99% sure it's Vanck & Ashton

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2017, 11:02:09 AM »
I'm 99% sure it's Vanck & Ashton
I don't see smart player like Tara would use her own u-turn power considering this is only Leg 6
I am saying this could be from Matt & Redmoon

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2017, 11:52:31 AM »
There are unlimited U-turn for teams this season (this has been confirmed on air and in Insider vids) so there's no reason *not* to use it.

Speaking of Insider vids, there's one from the double episode where Matt & Redmond anf Scott & Brooke discuss U-turning two of Vanck & Ashton, Mike & Liz or Tara & Joey as well as getting other teams on board. Make of this what you will :angel

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2017, 12:25:07 PM »
I didn't watch any insider video, but I think that makes more sense now.

Offline angkorwhat

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2017, 09:52:36 PM »
I'm not sure how I feel about infinite U-Turn uses....depends on how or if it will impact the season for me.

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2017, 07:09:05 AM »
Infinite u-turn... Hmmm... I don't feel well about this then...

It's like the strongest team can use whatever they want without limit....

I don't know what motive the crews are playing for, but my guess is for competitive purpose, but it's kinda odd choice, but let's wait and see...
what might have been

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2017, 08:20:19 AM »
There are unlimited U-turn for teams this season (this has been confirmed on air and in Insider vids) so there's no reason *not* to use it.

Speaking of Insider vids, there's one from the double episode where Matt & Redmond anf Scott & Brooke discuss U-turning two of Vanck & Ashton, Mike & Liz or Tara & Joey as well as getting other teams on board. Make of this what you will :angel
I think London has mentioned the blind u-turn doesn't count in her leg 3 review
I do not think we will have teams to enjoy unlimited u-turn power in any TAR US seasons

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2017, 10:39:22 AM »
Click on link to view the sneak peek that never got youtubed....

https://cbspres***press.com/cbs-entertainment/shows/the-amazing-race/video?watch=4ekk2jaf1v&show=the-amazing-race

Actually copy the link and replace the *** with s e x with no spaces in between to view it.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2017, 10:51:40 AM »
Hoping Tara & Joey don't ultimately use it.  2 uses feels too unfair to me,

Canada allows repeat U-Turns and I'm not crazy about it on there. Last season, both boards got used by the same 2 frontrunning teams

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2017, 11:29:42 AM »
Relevant Insider vid (this also implies there are no limits for the U-Turn this season)

Whether it's a good idea or not (it's not *cough*TARCAN*cough*) is up for debate but it's definitely a rule this season.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2017, 12:55:14 PM »
Can someone summarize both videos? They ain't available in my region. :tantrum TAR, why!?

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2017, 08:01:23 PM »
Are we getting an updates thread?
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2017, 09:10:47 PM »
Have they all had what appear to be working iPhones this season? Scott/Brooke and London/Logan have it as they're relaxing in the same clothes they wore in the previous leg and Mike has it as he bitches at Liz.

If so, methinks teams will have to use the convenient Travelocity mobile app (available for iPhone and Android devices  :angel) to (possibly figure out where they're going and) book flights to MXP - knowing production, they would force them to waste a bunch of time traveling just to fly out of Oslo (which fits the live sightings from that day).

:bunny

eta - it occurs to me that that was a terrible advertisement for the Travelocity mobile app; on the day they flew out we found...four flights that went from AES to MXP, arriving hours before the one everyone was bunched on  :funny:
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 10:21:48 PM by Zack. »