Author Topic: TAR Canada 5 LIVE Sightings! *SPOILERS* Tweets go here *please read post 1*  (Read 61493 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
LIVE sightings go here!  :hearts: And ONLY live sightings please!!

Comments on the sightings can go HERE >>that's where the real work takes place!

If you HAVE a live sighting to share, help us as much as you can with
WHO (be descriptive, what they look like, is it a male/female team for example, what colour they are wearing is helpful)
WHAT are they doing
WHERE (as exactly as possible... street? airport gate? address? be specific!)
WHEN (what time zone?, exact time)
and any descriptions of the action! Pictures are treasured!

If you have a spoiler and prefer to share it privately, you can email me or walkingpneumonia, our emails are in our profiles. Your confidentiality will be respected. You can also PM us if you register here.

IMPORTANT! If you find anything posted by someone working in any capacity for the race or by production, do NOT post it here, you can cost someone their job...or worse. Let me or walkingpneumonia know, and we'll see if it can be shared. Thanks!

Same goes for info on FUTURE legs, if you have a spoiler message one of the Detectives FIRST please.

If you are posting a tweet, please post the tweet, the tweet time, and LINK TO the twitter user name. Take a screencap if you can, tweets do disappear.
Please be kind, and don't all bury the poor unsuspecting twitterer with questions, if you see another RFFer on the job, let them handle it.

Photos should be credited. If someone is kind enough to share some with us specifically, those should be marked with photo by...or photo credit to....when posting. Generally, pics posted on Flickr, Instagram, twitter are considered "public". Ask if you need help.

If you are posting a FB post, please quote the post, PLEASE include the time and date, but do NOT post the poster's name. Please do send georgiapeach and me  the link and name though so we can keep a full list for the Summary thread. 

If you find a BLOG, please check with  WP or me please before posting, we do try to ask the bloggers for permission to use their info and may be already waiting for an answer.

If you are concerned that any info gained from any sighting, FB post or tweet may be private or confidential or just "too much too soon", feel free to PM us to ask before you post.

The mods get grouchy if they have to move posts.... so any non-live sighting chatter WILL be deleted!

Big :ghug: to all of you who are bringing us info, we couldn't do this without you!!
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 07:50:35 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective

GOOD MORNING WORLD!

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective

10 LUCKY TEAMS HAVE JUST DEPARTED
ON THE ADVENTURE OF A LIFETIME!

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
START LINE

QUEEN'S BATTERY

During Production Run 4/25/17:

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Waiting at the Top:

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective

On 12 December 1901, the first transatlantic wireless transmission was received here by Guglielmo Marconi in an abandoned fever and diphtheria hospital, which has since been destroyed by fire.[1] The transmission, in Morse code, originated from his Poldhu Wireless Station, Cornwall, UK.

Happy Birthday 4/25/17!

Perhaps in honor of his Birthday,

Teams had to Decipher an Audio Morse Code from the top of the Tower to reveal their next Location!

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Code and More here later!

Team and on site pics coming in awhile!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Peach has more info later

From FB 32 minutes ago

Filming an episode of "The Amazing Race" here today. — at St. John's International Airport.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 01:42:33 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
And we are off!

Check back for Team pics later, and Next Location info when teams are safely on their way! 

Many thanks to a great friend (anon), WP, and WindsorSue for their help with this over the last few days!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Check out @aidantravels's Tweet: https://twitter.com/aidantravels/status/857420380511891457?s=09
ok so pretty sure they are filming amazing race on my flight and I've never been more excited
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Check out @aidantravels's Tweet: https://twitter.com/aidantravels/status/857420380511891457?s=09
ok so pretty sure they are filming amazing race on my flight and I've never been more excited
Just so we don't forget (Credit WP for the sighting)

Aidan‏ @aidantravels  2h2 hours ago

ok update I didn't get on my flight but it's ok because 4 other teams didn't get on so I will still have a chance to be in the spotlight
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster

Same guy an hour ago

ok update I didn't get on my flight but it's ok because 4 other teams didn't get on so I will still have a chance to be in the spotlight

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
START LINE TASK:

COULD YOU IDENTIFY AN AUDITORY MORSE CODE CLUE?

Teams had to listen to the clue being broadcast loudly from the top of the tower, decipher the morse, and make out the location of their next Destination!

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/IHishthgjN4" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/IHishthgjN4</a>

Major kudos to our own WP who could! :yess:

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
What I got from that snippet of morse code was...
--- ..- ...- . .-.  / -.-. .- .--. .. .-.. .- -. ---

OUVER CAPILANO

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
That's better than what a machine translation could suss out. I extracted the audio, ran it through 5 times and got 5 different results  :groan:.
<AR><VE>4EL #A#I#AN#
<AR>#4ER KA#I#AN#
PF#EL #A<AR>I#AN#
<AR>#4EL CA#I#AN#
PF#EL #A"I#AN#

So...they're headed to Vancouver.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
CAPILANO BRIDGE: https://www.capbridge.com/

Known for high tree top suspension bridges

Is expecting some TV filming this AM... ???
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
Cluebox in Gastown in front of Gassy Jack statue. Pic on IG:

karen.eh hanging in Gastown watching Amazing Race Canada contestants reach a check point

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Kelly Hoskins‏
@alwaysmingus

TIL: The camera crew on The Amazing Race work harder than the contestants. I know this bc one of them just sweated all over me in Gastown.

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Cluebox in Gastown in front of Gassy Jack statue. Pic on IG:

karen.eh hanging in Gastown watching Amazing Race Canada contestants reach a check point

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Holly Sage‏
@holly_thedolly
Seen on top of the Vancouver Fairmont today @WhatsFilming

Irfan S‏ @TheRealIrf  22m22 minutes ago
More
 Cameras down on Georgia and people wearing helmet cams. I'd guess Amazing Race?

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
Philipp Postrehovsky‏ @philpostro  5 minil y a 5 minutes
Plus
 .@AmazingRaceCDA filming at @FairmontVan across from @rentmoola HQ! cc: @VancityBuzz #AmazingRace #vancity #yvr

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Hotel Vancouver
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Philipp Postrehovsky‏ @philpostro  5 minil y a 5 minutes
Plus
 .@AmazingRaceCDA filming at @FairmontVan across from @rentmoola HQ! cc: @VancityBuzz #AmazingRace #vancity #yvr

Looks like a roadblock!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule: