Author Topic: TAR Canada 5: Speculation & Discussion of SPOILERS  (Read 75918 times)

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
Re: TAR Canada 5: Speculation & Discussion of SPOILERS
« Reply #300 on: August 07, 2017, 02:15:43 AM »
Thirded.

CAN1's sequence was the same as 14 (7-5-4).
CAN2's was 20 (8-6-5).
CAN3's was without equivalent (8-5).
CAN4's was 26 (9-6-5).

Rule out Ottawa as the F6 elimination given the precedents of CAN1 Episode 8 as well as CAN3 Episode 5.
Rule out Panama as the F5 NEL given last year's precedent in a culturally similar Latin American nation as well as 29 being too recent.

Therefore,the CAN5 sequence will be a replica of 21 (7-6-4).

It's just an opinion, Granath. Therefore it would have a 7-5-4 NEL sequence for this season. The girls does not have future sightings beyond leg 6.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #301 on: August 07, 2017, 12:11:42 PM »
Hard to tell from this point, really, the order of the remaining 3 eliminations. We had one team sighted each leg after Ottawa, and nobody in the penultimate.

Adam & Andrea, at least, are final 5 for sure. We had them in Panama.

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #302 on: August 08, 2017, 06:50:01 PM »
Hard to tell from this point, really, the order of the remaining 3 eliminations. We had one team sighted each leg after Ottawa, and nobody in the penultimate.

Adam & Andrea, at least, are final 5 for sure. We had them in Panama.

My impression was that all sightings between Central America and QC (City) non-inclusive were of finalists before the fact, e.g. Korey/Ivana in the Prairies and then Sam/Paul in Northern ON (i.e. the penultimate leg).

Therefore, the crux of the matter is determining what happened right after Asia, and one would think that the budget could handle six teams with camera/production crew in Newfieland as opposed to the same number in a non-domestic locale.

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #303 on: August 08, 2017, 09:12:13 PM »
Also, despite the U-Turn, my hunch is the Ottawa Ontario/Gatineau Quebec leg when they get back might be another NEL. Being the capital region, the locations seen, CTV Twitter actually inviting people out, that leg is likely going to be the bread-and-butter of the Canada 150 theme (the leg that makes them talk about being patriotic)

Not a kind of leg I'd expect an elimination on.

Agreed on the upcoming leg in the capital being a Final Six non-elimination, the precedents being the very first Nova Scotia episode as well as the one in the third season with the Magdalene Isles.

We called it!

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #304 on: August 09, 2017, 07:40:27 PM »
I think Karen & Bert will be out next leg.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #305 on: August 12, 2017, 10:01:18 AM »
Do we know if 4 or 5 made it to Saskatchewan (Leg 9)?

With the scarce team sightings from this point on, it's certainy possible, too, that Panama is an elimination, and haveva F4 NEL/KOR.

Looking forward to the previews of those last 2 legs before the final because it's quite a mystery where the hell they vanished to for that several legs (and within Canada, makes it more impressive)

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #306 on: August 13, 2017, 03:29:20 PM »
Do we know if 4 or 5 made it to Saskatchewan (Leg 9)?

With the scarce team sightings from this point on, it's certainy possible, too, that Panama is an elimination, and haveva F4 NEL/KOR.

Looking forward to the previews of those last 2 legs before the final because it's quite a mystery where the hell they vanished to for that several legs (and within Canada, makes it more impressive)

Remember what I surmised earlier?

CAN1's sequence was the same as 14 (7-5-4).
CAN2's was 20 (8-6-5).
CAN3's was without equivalent (8-5).
CAN4's was 26 (9-6-5).

Rule out Ottawa as the F6 elimination given the precedents of CAN1 Episode 8 as well as CAN3 Episode 5.
Rule out Panama as the F5 NEL given last year's precedent in a culturally similar Latin American nation as well as 29 being too recent.

Therefore, the CAN5 sequence will be a replica of 21 (7-6-4).

Even though both previous SK episodes had great leg designs, MB should've been visited instead (Corner Gas be damned!).

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #307 on: August 13, 2017, 03:46:17 PM »
Maybe they passed through it :p

I pulled out the road maps I have earlier to see where the rail routes go, that new clip in the intro hints train travel yet to come. Could explain no airport sighting after Regina.

It's possible through passenger rail to go from Saskatchewan, through Manitoba, and across northern Ontario, which then turns south to Sault.

In short, a rail travel-focused F4 KOR leg spanning 3 provinces. That'd be an alright leadup to the final elimination

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #308 on: August 14, 2017, 03:39:33 PM »
...Algoma rather than Via Rail, eh?

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #309 on: August 15, 2017, 11:46:56 AM »

The Algoma RR is a local sightseeing railway in the Sioux Ste Marie area. It runs once per day. There are two shots of trains in the intro. The first at the beginning is clearly the Algoma train. You can see the front of the engine. It's how Maanca and I ID'd it. The second is near the end and seems too long to be the Algoma train ??? But both appear to be in the same area of Canada.

Offline Spin56

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #310 on: August 15, 2017, 08:42:42 PM »
The maroon train is definitely the Agawa Canyon Tour Train (I grew up I Sault Ste Marie).

It's a day long excursion that starts and ends in Sault Ste Marie, I don't think it would make sense for them to actually go on it since it will kill basically a whole day of time but they might do something at the rail yard.

There is also no via rail in and out of Sault Ste Marie, the only train service goes to Hurst (which is even more remote).

This is pretty much the only time being a Sault Ste Marie expert would ever be useful.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #311 on: August 15, 2017, 09:16:44 PM »
:welcome2: Glad you are here!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Spin56

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #312 on: August 15, 2017, 09:34:55 PM »
https://www.sootoday.com/local-news/popular-dog-walking-spot-closed-today-for-filming-620374

This article from local Sault Ste Marie news source also points towards a task at Bellevue Park.

Watching the end credits of TARCAN it says the show is copyrighted by Endurance Entertainment 5, so sounds like the same production to me. (Also SSM is the size of a postage stamp the odds of two different television productions going on is slim)

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #313 on: August 15, 2017, 11:00:26 PM »
https://www.sootoday.com/local-news/popular-dog-walking-spot-closed-today-for-filming-620374

This article from local Sault Ste Marie news source also points towards a task at Bellevue Park.

Watching the end credits of TARCAN it says the show is copyrighted by Endurance Entertainment 5, so sounds like the same production to me. (Also SSM is the size of a postage stamp the odds of two different television productions going on is slim)

We believe this was the pitstop.

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #314 on: August 18, 2017, 01:20:23 PM »

The Algoma RR is a local sightseeing railway in the Sioux Ste Marie area. It runs once per day. There are two shots of trains in the intro. The first at the beginning is clearly the Algoma train. You can see the front of the engine. It's how Maanca and I ID'd it. The second is near the end and seems too long to be the Algoma train ??? But both appear to be in the same area of Canada.

Okay, cool.

Just wondering about the specifics behind that hypothetical "Regina to the Soo via Manitoba" scenario, assuming no flight between SK and Northern ON.

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #315 on: August 21, 2017, 02:29:59 PM »
For the train,
Would it be possible for them to do:

To take the trans-canadian from Saskatoon, heading to Toronto
but to stop at Oba railway Station, where they can transfer to the Algoma Central railway?

That would take them 1 day and 6 hours (according to via rail website)

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #316 on: August 21, 2017, 06:02:41 PM »
For the train,

but to stop at Oba railway Station, where they can transfer to the Algoma Central railway?

There were two days between sightings in Regina & Sault Ste Marie, so for this to happen it would need to be a KOR, right?

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #317 on: August 22, 2017, 08:08:47 PM »
I guess that they did just fly directly from YQR to YAM, completely bypassing YWG.

Offline Spin56

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #318 on: August 22, 2017, 10:42:51 PM »
For the train,

I don't think the train from SSM to Hurst is running any more. So they would be flying into the city via Person.

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #319 on: August 23, 2017, 05:06:38 AM »
I guess that they did just fly directly from YQR to YAM, completely bypassing YWG.

Actually, there are no direct flights from YQR to YAM, only connecting to YYZ.

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #320 on: August 23, 2017, 10:07:22 AM »
Re: Finale.
The Observatoire de la Capitale is the highest vantage point in Quebec City and boasts a 360 degree of the city. What if the team member that rappels up there must look for the Finish Line?
There is an interactive webcam on their site: http://www.observatoire-capitale.com/visite-virtuelle/webcameras.html

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #321 on: August 23, 2017, 01:03:31 PM »
For the train,

I don't think the train from SSM to Hurst is running any more. So they would be flying into the city via Person.

As in, Pearson Airport?

Offline Spin56

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #322 on: August 28, 2017, 10:16:29 PM »
Yes, they would fly from Regina to Toronto then Toronto to SSM, the only Air Canada flight into SSM is from Toronto

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #323 on: August 29, 2017, 08:22:39 PM »
Gotcha.

K/B's fate is almost certainly going to be sealed by the F-O.

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #324 on: August 12, 2018, 10:43:31 PM »
Sinorama, sponsor of the Asian legs in S5, has gone out of business...