Author Topic: TARC 6 Episode 6 LIVE UPDATES and Discussion Thread!  (Read 3427 times)

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
TARC 6 Episode 6 LIVE UPDATES and Discussion Thread!
« on: August 07, 2018, 03:20:37 PM »
IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING:

If you are unable to watch LIVE yourself, please be aware that this thread WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS, so proceed at your own risk.

This thread will contain OUTCOME Spoilers as seen on the SHOW.

Canadians, PLEASE help update as the show unfolds!
It's a BUSY day in the TAR community, I know! But if you can help, then PLEASE DO!!!
Many of us will be counting on you until we can watch later. We hope everyone will join in the fun!!

Also,  if you are watching anything but the CTV feed, it is your responsibility to be sure you are not ahead of us if you want to post/update in this thread. 

SO PLEASE ** NO  OUTCOMES ** to be posted before the show is done airing East Coast time!  And NO FUTURE LEG SPOILERS either!

Otherwise, come watch with us for the best weekly viewing party in town!! :party:

And you can entertain yourself with our spoiler threads as well while you wait!

Have FUN everyone and THANK YOU for joining us!!

NO POSTING BEFORE 7:40 P.M. Eastern.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TARC 6 Episode 6 LIVE UPDATES and Discussion Thread!
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2018, 07:50:37 PM »
Sam and Paul were the greeters.

Sounds like this is a pretty good leg. Most of it at night! I look forward to it tomorrow :P

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2018, 08:19:23 PM »
Toronto

1. Taylor & Courtney - Trip for 2 to Hong Kong + $5,000 from Dempster's Bakery
2. Nancy & Mellisa
3. Martina & Phil
4. Leanne & Mar
5. Dylan & Kwame
6. Courtney & Adam
7. Zainab & Monica - Eliminated

Next week - Winnipeg, Manitoba

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2018, 09:31:27 PM »
Anti-climactic that the Alberta women didn't U-Turn the guys to their faces, which could've kept a weaker team like the Sailors in the race.

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2018, 10:22:15 PM »
Wasn't expecting too much since Toronto legs more or less have been average.

But this leg was quite good, the only complaint I would have is it was anti-climatic, as we knew Monica/Zainab would be eliminated after being the only team to be u-turned.

This leg had unique to Toronto attractions, some of which I have never heard of before and the tasks were quite good (except maybe the rb, but two it was a two-part challenge).

Also random food sorting challenge at a food bank, which is where Joseph/Akash met. Sadly they never made it to this leg.

Overall solid leg!
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 10:25:21 PM by Leafsfan »

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2018, 01:26:11 AM »
What a leg!

Toronto <3333333

Zaniab & Monica eliminated. Bad team, see ya!

Winnipeg next week. We have been waiting <3333333

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2018, 04:03:56 AM »
What a great leg.

Still not the biggest fan of U-Turn board placed before the detour tasks, but do understand the logistics behind it, as tasks didn't seem so close to each other and at least the leg was designed in a way that there was still a chance that people might still be able to catch-up.

Totally fine by Courtney & Adam reasoning to use the uturn. They are aware how uneven they've been performing, they did need the cushion. Was totally expecting Nancy & Mellisa to play it more aggressively, but they still opted not to use the UTurn. If there were two teams Uturned, depending who was the second team, racing for last part might have been closer that it ended-up being. I'm still shocked by how uneven Courtney & Adam are as a team, with their credentials, I really was not expecting how much they've been struggling in the race.

Worried for Leanne & Mar, they were almost able to get back to the top of the pack, but they faltered at least twice, by not reading the clue or instructions given well enough. During the Bread ARI, even if they were in doubt, if they tried the easiest option before trying the "hard" option, they would have probably kept the lead.

Huge fan of Taylor & Courtney, but they definitely will have a target in their back now.
Without Todd & Anna around, the mounties and the cheerleader are the only one who have won legs so far, and we've already crossed the midway point of this race.

Chevrolet is clearly the headlining sponsor for this season, at least this task was a fun one.

Offline Musicon

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2018, 07:08:32 AM »
Not that great an episode for me, the tasks just seemed relatively basic.  The idea of the double u-turn is that two teams get u-turned so there's more drama, but most teams don't want to u-turn. 

A very minor point but the host's comment that every play has two acts seemed strange.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2018, 08:49:33 AM »
Well this is a switch from past years! The Ontario (aka the California of Canada) teams have traditionally dominated past seasons. Now Leanne & Mar are the only ones left.

Ontarians have won every season except S1, so I'm pleased with this (despite me being born and raised in that province ;) )

Online Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2018, 12:04:24 PM »
Leg 6

I’ll be honest, I was bored watching this episode.

We got a linear leg with an obvious result, lackluster tasks, and a poorly placed U-Turn. I defended the U-Turn in Jakarta, but I can’t now. I could tell early on that there was almost no chance of Zainab & Monica catching up and the U-Turn made that more apparent. None of the tasks gave any opportunity to slow down lead teams, so placements were pretty much set after teams arrived in Toronto.

I always like seeing former racers as greeters, so it was nice to see Sam & Paul again.
Martina: “You’re real.”  :funny:

City Hall: Easy. We’ve seen other versions of look from a high building to spot a flag that have been better. The only challenge was finding the observation deck.
Spark: We just had a good Chevy task. Why did we need another? Packing was judged pretty leniently as long as everything was in the truck, and we’ve seen several backup camera tasks.
Vogue: I don’t mind the over abundance of dance tasks, but I did not like this one. It wasn’t fun like the can-can, intricate like the saman, and even the local connection wasn’t that strong
Show content
unlike next week’s ballet task

Latte: Only task I liked since we’ve never seen this task before.
Food bank: It’s nice and I get the hero connection, but it wasn’t difficult.

1/5

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2018, 12:45:59 PM »
Too many Dance tasks although the uncomfortable with it teams really stepped it up!

Loved the incorporation of the Food Bank task...appropriate for "heroes".

Useless Double U-Turn. 

Great to see #TARFamily on the Mat! Would love TAR US to do more of that.

Are we running out of ideas? Tasks just seem repetitive (sigh we have seen this, and this, and this before) although these teams remain fun to watch.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2018, 03:10:09 PM »
Are we running out of ideas? Tasks just seem repetitive (sigh we have seen this, and this, and this before) although these teams remain fun to watch.

I think I mentioned this back in leg 2 or 3. Am I the only one getting the impression that the season suffered a lot by the lack of a "travel" oriented main sponsor. We had Air Canada for 1-3, Hotels.com for 4 and Sinorama for 5, but no such sponsor in this field for 6.
Chevrolet seems the main sponsor almost to the point, that it could almost be named sponsor on the title card like they do on TAR China.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2018, 08:28:47 PM »
Boring leg, boring tasks. Canadians are heroes, Canadians can dance, Canadians can volunteer, Canadians LOVE Chevrolet! Rinse, repeat.

The U-Turn placement was awful and we could've possibly had lots more drama had it been after the Detour as teams may have got more cutthroat being so close. There really wasn't much of a chance for the girls to catch up because the roadblock looked extremely simple, or easily judged.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2018, 08:56:39 PM »
I agree, this wasn't a strong leg. An Ontario leg seems to be that episode each season. Stratford was the better of the two.

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2018, 11:58:23 AM »

In Toronto they can do so much more, so I'm expecting them to come here a couple more times... they can come to Casa Loma, CN Tower, Rogers Centre, Lakeshore, Wonderland, BMO field, and much more  ( I know wonderlands in Vaughan buts it's not that far ) they just have to find the right tasks, which IMO they are lacking at a bit, but another great season so far.

Lol this was a Torontonian letdown

The roadblock was YET another product placement. I'm sorry but I know some of them were "urban essentials" but who carries a gnome and a tricycle around in their Spark? What even was the point of this task?
W O W omg look at the nifty use of TTC *clapping* you can't find stuff like that in other parts of the world.
When the detour came on I literally screamed - VOGEUING VS. LATTE ART I CAN'T EVEN
And the food bank?? I mean, if Joseph & Akash weren't eliminated earlier wouldn't they fly past this task? What was the poi- never mind.
I missed Sam & Paul. Imagine being pitstop greeters on a season of your TV show with the evidently more interesting cast, it must hurt. Idk though, had it not been for the vogueing task this leg would've been the worst in TARCan history. The cast is still pretty decent and meh, just looking forward to more intriguing tasks in upcoming legs...
Show content
... what was that, there's a ballet task in Manitoba? ANOTHER Dancing task? 10/10.

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2018, 12:36:05 PM »
This leg was pretty good, not "a vogue dance from being the worst leg". Not sure if people are even watching the same show here  :groan:

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2018, 08:09:00 PM »
This leg was pretty good, not "a vogue dance from being the worst leg". Not sure if people are even watching the same show here  :groan:

You're on your own tbh. The vogue-ing was the only remotely interesting task and even then it felt out of place in this leg.