Author Topic: TAR 29: Ep 4 "Another One Bites the Dust" 4/20 (1st of 2 Eps!) SPECIAL TIME 9 pm  (Read 10629 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
title thanks to Claude!!

First of 2 episodes so stay tuned! note 9pm time!

A U-TURN CAUSES FRICTION IN TANZANIA AND RACERS CLIMB TO NEW HEIGHTS IN NORWAY ON SPECIAL BACK-TO-BACK EPISODES OF “THE AMAZING RACE,” THURSDAY, APRIL 20

“Another One Bites the Dust” (Zanzibar and Dar es Salaam, Tanzania) - A previously played U-turn causes friction between two teams in Tanzania, on THE AMAZING RACE, Thursday, April 20 (9:01-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Phil Keoghan (@philkeoghan) is the host.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 02:35:43 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
No posting except oval please
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 29: Ep 4 "Another One Bites the Dust" (Dar es Salaam, Tanzania)
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2017, 05:01:37 AM »
Episode 4: "Another One Bites The Dust"
Zanzibar, Tanzania → Dar es Salaam, Tanzania

FILM DATES:June 16
AIR DATE:April 20

ROUTE INFO:     Mercury House

ROUTE INFO:Unknown
DETOUR A:"Lock"
TASK:Search through hundreds of chests for a key hidden in a secret compartment

DETOUR A:"Knock"
TASK:Knock on 3 "Royal Doors" to collect pieces of woodcarving

ROUTE INFO:     Travel to Dar es Salaam, Tanzania

ROADBLOCK:Construct a ladle strainer out of scrap metal

PIT STOP:Unknown

:yes:  SAFE:

?  AT RISK:

X  ELIMINATED:     
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 09:39:25 PM by ovalorange »

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
Saved for Peach
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
Saved for Peach
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
Preview!

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/XQqRqjtHwA8" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/XQqRqjtHwA8</a>
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 09:38:54 AM by Alenaveda »

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
Caps!

« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 10:00:51 AM by Alenaveda »

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
Caps!

« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 10:08:54 AM by Alenaveda »

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
The Amazing Race - Another One Bites the Dust/Have Faith in Me, Broski (Preview)

A previously played U-turn causes friction between two teams on The Amazing Race, Thursday, April 20 at 9/8c.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/OBIG9nv01ZY" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/OBIG9nv01ZY</a>

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
Caps.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 09:47:51 AM by Alenaveda »

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
Caps.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 09:52:31 AM by Alenaveda »

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I used to think the next leg would be all DES, but I'm not so sure anymore. Below-left is a cap from the 30 sec. season promo that featured Mom/Dad bickering; they are walking south along the Old Fort away from the ferry terminal. If they continue on Cathedral St. they will run into Abeid Curio shop. Compare the cap (bottom-right) from the Ep 4 sneak peek and the photos from this blog post. Granted, there are probably several chest shops on the island, but my guess (and it's only a guess) is this: the teams hit an ARM at a curio shop which gives them instructions to return to DES.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 07:13:32 AM by georgiapeach »

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
Also tvguide says its in both Zanzibar and Dar es Salaam

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
I'm looking forward to this leg, because we don't know too much about it! Sometimes, I like that

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
I used to think the next leg would be all DES, but I'm not so sure anymore. Below-left is a cap from the 30 sec. season promo that featured Mom/Dad bickering; they are walking south along the Old Fort away from the ferry terminal. If they continue on Cathedral St. they will run into Abeid Curio shop. Compare the cap (bottom-right) from the Ep 4 sneak peek and the photos from this blog post. Granted, there are probably several chest shops on the island, but my guess (and it's only a guess) is this: the teams hit an ARM at a curio shop which gives them instructions to return to DES.

Somebody goofed lol! There is an early reveal of the Ep 4 Sneak Peek in this LeRide article where Phil spoils the finale city too!!

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/chicagoinc/

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Phil says:

“Filming in Zanzibar, this ‘Roadblock’ episode had one team make a kitchen implement. Sounds easy, but they had to cut a ladle from a mass of tin, mould the actual metal, turn it, shape it, forge it. It was earsplitting sounds of unending clanging metal among people who knew how to do it, and it was in an African industrial area.

“Many had headaches. There was desperation. I can’t give away what happens.”

http://pagesix.com/2017/04/17/what-it-was-like-to-film-the-amazing-race-in-zanzibar/
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
If the roadblock is indeed in Zanzibar, I am guessing this is how things went:

Go to the chest place and find the clue in hidden compartments (this is first for two reasons: 1. Brooke would seem more upset if this was after the roadblock and 2. The bottom five teams from last leg are all there in the sneak peak, so it would make sense for it to be first then)
Go to metal place and do roadblock
Ferry to Dar es Salaam
Detour in Dar es Salaam
Pit Stop n Dar es Salaam

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
The press photos are actually out early for a change.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
The Amazing Race - Another One Bites the Dust/Have Faith in Me, Broski (Preview)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/dVp2z0_c5IU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/dVp2z0_c5IU</a>

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
The DDP was at Mercury House (the link is to the new embedded Google Earth; if you don't have Chrome, just dial it up in Google Maps). It the sign in the thumbnails is accurate, the RB is at Duma Machinery: no address yet.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Also tvguide says its in both Zanzibar and Dar es Salaam

Quote or screencap please?
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Here is what we know from CBS...

"Another One Bites the Dust "--In this Road Block,Logan/Redmond/Vanck/Brooke/Joey/Becca/Michael must construct a ladle strainer out of a piece off sheet metal. Once the foreman approves of the work, s/he will receive the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE.

At the Detour Decision Point, racersmust choose between "Lock" and "Knock" on THE AMAZING RACE.

"Another One Bites the Dust "--In Detour A, Floyd/Becca, London/Logan, Scott/Brooke must search hundreds of chests for hidden compartments for a key. Once they find the key, they can unlock the chest containing the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE

"Another One Bites the Dust "--In Detour B, Sara/Shamir, also shown!Scott/Brooke,Joey/Tara must knock on the three remaining "Royal Doors" and collect pieces of a woodcarving. Once all of the pieces are collected, they must bring them to a shopkeeper in order to receive the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE.

"Another One Bites the Dust "--After successfully completing the Road Block,racers make their way to the Pit Stop.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
DDP is Mercury House
RFF's Golden Rule: