Author Topic: TAR 29: Ep 3 "Bucket List Type Stuff" 4/13  (Read 4881 times)

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Full Member
  • Someday, a Korean man is gonna be the death of me.
Re: 29: Ep 3 "Bucket List Type Stuff" 4/13
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2017, 08:15:31 AM »
Passport drama again? :groan:

IFKR :/ losing a passport makes like even the most interesting team forfeit :/
and it like better not be becca and floyd  :dontgo: I wish it's either shamir and sara or london and logan(tbh they're not that competitive and also not that interesting?).
But I really can't wait for all the drama this season !! Especially between Vanck and Ashton and Matt and Redmond, the U-turn is gonna get some serious  :bump
"If you ever feel of sudden calm and happiness, just know that I made your voodoo doll listen to Younger Now."

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 29: Ep 3 "Bucket List Type Stuff" 4/13
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2017, 09:17:36 AM »
Caps from the promo are up!
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains--however improbable--must be the truth." --Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline WafflesAndpancakes

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2017, 10:48:41 PM »
I think it's Seth and Olive

Online Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2017, 01:02:41 AM »
Regarding the passport drama

a.) We don't even know if it ends up being an issue - they could easily backtrack and find it, it could be an NEL, etc.
b.) Even if it WAS an issue, we know certain teams - Becca & Floyd being one* - are definitely seen in multiple countries (you can either check the timeline or the season preview  :angel) so they would have to have a passport no?

*really, anyone except for Seth & Olive and Shamir & Sara

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2017, 06:03:25 AM »

a.) We don't even know if it ends up being an issue - they could easily backtrack and find it, it could be an NEL, etc.
b.) Even if it WAS an issue, we know certain teams - Becca & Floyd being one* - are definitely seen in multiple countries (you can either check the timeline or the season preview  :angel) so they would have to have a passport no?

In an African country where American passports are one of the most valuable items on the black market? I don't think so.

Online Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2017, 12:07:51 PM »
My point stands though! Either -

1) Becca & Floyd, Vanck & Ashton, Brooke & Scott, Matt & Redmond, Michael & Liz, Tara & Joey or London & Logan lose it and find it because we KNOW they race in other countries or

2) Seth & Olive or Shamir & Sara lose it in which case who knows? It could eliminate them, they could fimd it and lose enough time doing so to be eliminated, they could be U-Turned or are just slow.

Both of these are independent of any (perceived) issue with the ckuntry itself.  :)

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Full Member
  • Someday, a Korean man is gonna be the death of me.
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2017, 01:46:02 PM »

got a bad feeling that it could be liz and mike. they weren't shown in the promo, so i'm gonna make that assumption.
"If you ever feel of sudden calm and happiness, just know that I made your voodoo doll listen to Younger Now."

Online Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2017, 03:46:02 PM »
My point stands though! Either -

1) Becca & Floyd, Vanck & Ashton, Brooke & Scott, Matt & Redmond, Michael & Liz, Tara & Joey or London & Logan lose it and find it because we KNOW they race in other countries or

2) Seth & Olive or Shamir & Sara lose it in which case who knows? It could eliminate them, they could fimd it and lose enough time doing so to be eliminated, they could be U-Turned or are just slow.

Both of these are independent of any (perceived) issue with the country itself.  :)

:angel

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2017, 01:00:51 PM »
The detour was in Mkokotoni. "Weave" was here--my spec based on the open area and the small shack near the beach. Haven't found the primary school yet. And the dhow embarkation is a bit of a puzzle: Brooke said "Pokachani market" or something similar.

Offline Victoria_grub

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2017, 01:58:11 AM »
The detour was in Mkokotoni. "Weave" was here--

I was in Tanzania in October/early November and spent 3 days on Zanzibar. We took a cab from Stone town (where the market/pit stop was) to the north tip of the island, past Mkokotoni and back again a few days later. The cab prices ranged from $30 USD to $50 USD. I was shocked when the team ended up paying $300 USD for the cab ride. Not surprising they ran out of $$ in the market.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2017, 08:42:45 PM »
The detour was in Mkokotoni. "Weave" was here--

I was in Tanzania in October/early November and spent 3 days on Zanzibar. We took a cab from Stone town (where the market/pit stop was) to the north tip of the island, past Mkokotoni and back again a few days later. The cab prices ranged from $30 USD to $50 USD. I was shocked when the team ended up paying $300 USD for the cab ride. Not surprising they ran out of $$ in the market.

Wow that is incredible! Thanks so much for sharing...would have been fun if you had had another sighting!!
"I can't speak for production, but I really like that people see us when we're traveling around the world. If you're a fan of the show, ... you're going to be more excited because you want to see what happens."Phil Keoghan

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2017, 11:16:27 PM »
After listening to the audio more, I concede that maf's hearing is better than mine (read the race report here); the U-Turn board was at the Mkokotoni fish market, which means that the dhow ride "across the bay," as Phil put it, only moved the teams a grand total of ≈ 600 yds.