Author Topic: TAR 29 Ep 2 LIVE SHOW Updates & Commentary! 4/06/17 *read Post 1*  (Read 17532 times)

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
Re: TAR 29 Ep 2 LIVE SHOW Updates & Commentary! 4/06/17 *read Post 1*
« Reply #75 on: April 07, 2017, 08:53:49 AM »
I can't see why so many people have a problem with this Leg?  :(  Granted the first 5 minutes or so with the flashbacks were NOT needed, and it could've been used for showing departure times, teams getting flights, even Liz & Mike getting a better flight then teams that left the Pit-Start before them, etc.. But I can over look that because the rest of the Leg was incredible.  :hides

Not sure where to start, but 6 flights was  :o  I don't recall there ever being that many flights in one Leg before?  ???
I didn't mind Redmond & Matt before this Leg, but I love Vanck & Ashton, and they really p***ed me off with how they handled the sign up.  They were out in front, what were they worried about had they lost the coin toss?  Loved Ashton & Vanck beating them to the Pitstop though.  :conf:

Really can't stand Brooke after this, or Shamir complaining about his hand, and then his Testys!!!!  :groan: Man Up!!! I loved how Phil took the absolute piss out of him, and he never even coped on.  :funny:

The poor girls had one chance, and they totally blew it.  Can't believe they missed the bike like 3 times.  :(

And finally, my favourite 2 teams came 1st & 2nd, and I can't recall that ever happening before, so yeah, that helped boost the episode for me.  The RB was great as well with all the placement changes.

Team Ranking as of Leg 2
LOVE: Liz & Mike, Vanck & Ashton
Like: Tara & Joey, Francesca & Jessie, Seth & Olive, Floyd & Becca
Neutral: London & Logan, Sara, Scott,
Dislike: Shamir, Brooke, Matt & Redmond
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 09:43:38 AM by NMC »
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #76 on: April 07, 2017, 08:59:36 AM »
I just rewatched the episode, and I noticed some new things.

Seth could've finished the roadblock first had he not have to go back and redo it. This proves that he and Olive are still a strong team. The same goes for Shamir & Sara actually. They got to the detour in 2nd, overtaking Vanck & Ashton for a short while. They finished 4th. He could've finished 5th iinm had he gotten it the 1st time and not go mad on the next attempts. I think he could've avoided Sara yelling at him to at least go back up for a 5th attempt had he not been resting for too long out of frustration.

Also, Shamir and Brooke talked about how their right hand/arm is hurting really bad, then they say something like: "Good thing I'm left handed." What coincidence! :lol:

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #77 on: April 07, 2017, 09:40:35 AM »
Scott and Brooke are such an amazing team and Brooke gives me major Flo/Hayley vibes which I love <333333333
You either gonna love 'em later or be a complete hater.

Also although I feel for Sara and it was definitely rough for her, Shamir's drama made the end of the leg REALLY entertaining and suspenseful!! I like that team a lot still, and next week's drama seems promising.

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #78 on: April 07, 2017, 01:59:53 PM »
Also, Shamir and Brooke talked about how their right hand/arm is hurting really bad, then they say something like: "Good thing I'm left handed." What coincidence! :lol:

I might be misremembering but I think Shamir injured his left hand and said he was lucky he wasn't left-handed. In either case stuff like this shows at the very least the editors care (I have issues with how Vanck is oirtrayed but I think he doesn't so whatever lol)

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #79 on: April 07, 2017, 03:06:56 PM »
The leg was rushed.

I thought it was a ballsy move for editors to not show all the teams departing and all the teams sign up. If I was a never viewer, I would find the show a little hard to follow.

The last few minutes were really cringy. Everything revolved around testicles. It really tested Sara's patience.
Wish Sara had a different partner.

I like this season so far, surprisingly.
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Online BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #80 on: April 07, 2017, 06:41:46 PM »
Geez I love Liz and Michael! They really could be a darkhorse!

And I also like Matt and Redmond!

I can't stand Sara and Shamir! I hope they just break own and get eliminated next leg! Ever that, orbget U-turned

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #81 on: April 07, 2017, 09:00:01 PM »
I'm still shook from Shamir & Sara's edit in this episode.  They seemed like such a generic pretty-but-boring M/F team last episode, but :o

I really wonder what went down behind the scenes, especially at the Pit Stop.  There were clearly a lot of cuts in that exchange because Phil suddenly loses his patience with Shamir (although understandable, it was almost too quick) and Sara suddenly wants to turn away and almost cry.  What did Shamir say?!?

Liz & Michael: Their win reminds me of Mike & Rochelle's leg win in Season 26.  Other than their surprising win, I don't remember much except their band talk and Liz's title quote.
Vanck & Ashton: I felt really bad and uncomfortable watching them in Leg 1 so I'm really glad they figured things out.  My pessimistic attitude thinks they'll go back to their Leg 1 ways quick. The "coinflip deal" was a dumb idea and holding grudges isn't gonna get you anywhere.
Matt & Redmond: Yes, the coinflip deal was really dumb but they were equally dumb to go back on their word.  Is it really necessary to make enemies this early?
Seth & Olive: Zzzzz Olive kind of annoys me for some reason. That's about it.
Becca & Floyd: They were pretty invisible this episode. Somehow they're not #TeamFun without the Fun edit.
Brooke & Scott: I don't know how severe Brooke's elbow injury was but boy was she annoying the whole time.  Kudos to Scott for facing his fear.
Tara & Joey: Very invisible in this episode.  The fact that they're older makes me want them to stick around for some reason.
London & Logan: Had some small funny moments, but they're probably the most invisible team currently. That's about all I can say about them.
Shamir & Sara: You already know how I feel about them.
Jessie & Francesca:  Honestly I was expecting Jessie to be rude like in her first exchange with Francesca in the Starting Line Task, but boy was I being judgmental. Watch the insider vids--they're, FOR SOME REASON, one of the most positive teams ever.  I admire it a lot. Too bad they were kind of weak racers believing Sara, being directionally challenged.  I definitely do think that if they had better luck with flights the first 2 legs, they would have killed it. :(  I don't remember being this upset over a 10th place team.  Like, who was really upset at Dennis & Isabelle's (Season 25) elimination :lol:

Offline amazing1604

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #82 on: April 08, 2017, 12:17:07 AM »
I have to agree with the previous posts. Brooke should've been the title quote owner for this episode. Not only is it inspirational, but it's also philosophical. I like that. :lol: "Pain is temporary. Elimination is forever." Scott facing his fear was nice for him I guess. Poor Brooke broke under pressure. Even telling her to calm down won't help. At least it's not overly dramatic.

I agree with you!!
I think it can't be put in a hashtag so Liz got the title  :hand:

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #83 on: April 08, 2017, 12:48:53 AM »
I have to agree with the previous posts. Brooke should've been the title quote owner for this episode. Not only is it inspirational, but it's also philosophical. I like that. :lol: "Pain is temporary. Elimination is forever." Scott facing his fear was nice for him I guess. Poor Brooke broke under pressure. Even telling her to calm down won't help. At least it's not overly dramatic.

I agree with you!!
I think it can't be put in a hashtag so Liz got the title  :hand:

I was thinking of the same thing. :lol: Producers might have thought that Brooke's quote was too long.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #84 on: April 08, 2017, 04:24:17 AM »
I don't know whether it's just that I've missed TAR a lot, but this episode was GOLD for me!
I really loved seeing Brazil and this might be my favorite Brazilian leg ever. Height-related tasks are very common, but when was the last time we saw so many placement changes and racers struggling (redoing the task) in a height task? Both detours had great tasks as well, I especially loved the gym set-up, but the musical task, although underedited, required precision, too.

Drama was great this episode and now I'm really looking forward to see more of Shamir & Sara, Brooke & Scott and Redmond vs. Ashton.

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #85 on: April 08, 2017, 07:28:33 AM »
Slightly off-topic but I don't know where else to ask.
With the mention of east coast stream, does this mean there's another stream at another time?

Probably more appropriate on the "LiveStream" thread.
I did accidentally stumble upon a West Coast stream last THU, but not sure how permanent that is.
I did my first rewatch right after using a Canadian stream for CTV.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #86 on: April 08, 2017, 08:28:42 AM »
Shamir sucks. K.

That's two teams in a row I really like that got out. Jessie and Francesca seems like such an amazing team and it sucks people like Shamir, who's just really a whiney human being got to stay. GO HOME!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #87 on: April 08, 2017, 08:29:04 AM »
+ the flight editing is a mess. </3

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #88 on: April 08, 2017, 11:32:04 AM »
Sara: SHAMIR! THE SISTERS JUST GOT HERE!
Jessie (to a stranger): Do you have our clue?!
Sara: I DON'T THINK THEY GOT IT YET!
Jessie: No.. we don't..

:lol: :(

Offline ornaciawasrobbed

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #89 on: April 08, 2017, 11:18:45 PM »
I was almost sure Shamir would get a penalty for breaking the window

He SHOULD have got a penalty! Everyone knows harnesses are uncomfortable but you think you get to punch windows because you have a low pain tolerance?

Sad to see Jessie and Francesca go. I love watching a team who just genuinely enjoys being on the race. Would love them to get a second chance.

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #90 on: April 08, 2017, 11:41:41 PM »
Sad to see Jessie & Francesca go. They had all the chance to beat Shamir & Sara. I understand that Franny & Jessie were flustered being in last place but yeah, they should never have believed Sara (I got flashbacks of TAR Canada where Ashley screwed Frankie & Amy). Props to Sara though for being smart and playing the game, competitive juice is flowing there. Shamir displaying such an arrogant and cocky attitude at the pitstop was absolutely unacceptable. Shamir has so much bravado "I'm an alpha male" but you can't even handle pain from the harness. "I need a doctor, I need an ambulance!" :funny: So Shamir has complained about his hands, his balls, what's next? His muscles?  :funny: Ashton trying to strike a coinflip deal with Matt & Redmond was absolutely pathetic, seriously? This isn't grade school.  :groan: I wonder how this rivalry and story arc will go on for the succeeding legs.

Moral lesson of the episode: Never Trust Anyone!

Scott overcoming his fear was great.  :conf:
Becca & Floyd were team fun even more and the leg's tasks really fit their passions and jobs. Love their hyperness and positivity
Tara being an inspiration  :hoot:
London hugging Logan was cute  :)
Brooke is becoming quite annoying, tone down a bit please.
Matt & Redmond's team dynamic
Can't wait for Matt & Redmond to annihilate Vanck & Ashton. Vanck & Ashton may have beaten them this leg, but I know we'll be seeing fireworks from Ashton and I can't wait.

Great episode overall, but I do think it needed more description about the places of the tasks and the flashbacks were not needed.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 12:14:04 AM by TARUSAFan »

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #91 on: April 09, 2017, 12:30:04 AM »
Actually, am I the only one who felt something was missing throughout the episode? I felt that these teams have no pre-existing relationship to talk about... so there's a lack of chemistry and it seems like very task-oriented for all the teams throughout the race. They don't talk much and all they can do is just to scream their names in encouragement and all. In previous seasons, they would have bickered/quarrelled/discussed about it but now, they just keep it within, for fear of jeopardizing the relationship.

And that is why we see so much more of Sara/Shamir, Scott and Brooke and Team Fun because they do talk about their fears/relationship with each other.. and a little bit of Vanck & Ashton.. even with it, it felt like there was something missing in all the teams.

Maybe amazing race should really be ran with partners with pre-existing r/s?

Online BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #92 on: April 09, 2017, 01:01:41 AM »
Am Inthe only one thinks that Shamir SHOULD NOT get a penalty?

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #93 on: April 09, 2017, 11:14:59 AM »
In my fanfic, I had a team penalized for destroying at least one of the cheese on the task on purpose. :lol: I'm not sure what the ruling is for TAR US though. ???

What I think Shamir should've done is to at least keep his cool. Not is it only disappointing to the partner he picked, but it's also giving him a bad reputation in this season overall.

Offline angkorwhat

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #94 on: April 09, 2017, 11:25:02 PM »
I think you can tell Sara is going to get very fed up with Shamar soon (as if she weren't already)...Shamar made a very bad early impression on everyone else this leg.

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #95 on: April 10, 2017, 02:36:24 PM »
I just briefly appeared on the background after 8th place arrived. That was hilarious.

And now I understand why the girls went by me when I left the Pit Stop.

I believe you might be indirectly referenced here:angel