Author Topic: TAR 29 Ep 2 LIVE SHOW Updates & Commentary! 4/06/17 *read Post 1*  (Read 17366 times)

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 29 Ep 2 LIVE SHOW Updates & Commentary! 4/06/17 *read Post 1*
« Reply #50 on: April 06, 2017, 09:56:45 PM »
I just briefly appeared on the background after 8th place arrived. That was hilarious.

And now I understand why the girls went by me when I left the Pit Stop.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #51 on: April 06, 2017, 09:56:53 PM »
And Shamir & Sara make it in 9th and make a very awkward conversation at the Pit Stop. :didimiss:
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #52 on: April 06, 2017, 09:57:52 PM »
I was almost sure Shamir would get a penalty for breaking the window
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline WafflesAndpancakes

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #53 on: April 06, 2017, 09:58:04 PM »
Swole sisters are eliminated!😔

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #54 on: April 06, 2017, 09:58:28 PM »
Unfortunately, Jessie & Francesca arrive last, and Phil sorrily informs them that they have been eliminated from the race. "Now we can be bodybuilders together."

Stay tuned for scenes from our next episode!
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #56 on: April 06, 2017, 10:00:07 PM »
Next time:
Sara/Shamir drama, Zanzibar and Blind U-Turn
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline WafflesAndpancakes

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #57 on: April 06, 2017, 10:00:12 PM »
Uturn in Zanzibar, not sure if its double

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #58 on: April 06, 2017, 10:00:22 PM »
And Shamir & Sara make it in 9th and make a very awkward conversation at the Pit Stop. :didimiss:

this is episode at end has been fun about shamir balls

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #59 on: April 06, 2017, 10:00:26 PM »
Blind W-turn next ep!!! :o

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #60 on: April 06, 2017, 10:00:40 PM »
Next episode: Teams will travel to Zanzibar where Shamir & Sara get more heated. And the Detour have teams seeing red!

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #61 on: April 06, 2017, 10:02:35 PM »
Tanzania with water easily reminds me of TAR11 (with that humongous time gap disaster from horrific flight drama).

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #62 on: April 06, 2017, 10:03:55 PM »
That was an interesting episode for sure. I'm not sure what direction the editors were going for this time with the beginning 15 minutes, balls, and vague descriptions of some locations, but a lot more confusion and tensions this time around.

Offline ghmorello

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #63 on: April 06, 2017, 10:04:43 PM »
Press F to pay respects for Shamir's balls.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #64 on: April 06, 2017, 10:05:50 PM »
Next episode: Teams will travel to Zanzibar where Shamir & Sara get more heated. And the Detour have teams seeing red!
:funny:

The U-Turn, not the Detour. Btw it's a double!

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #65 on: April 06, 2017, 10:07:21 PM »
Tanzania with water easily reminds me of TAR11 (with that humongous time gap disaster from horrific flight drama).

I mean if we got 6 different flights out of an 'easy' route like PTY to GRU (which had three different nonstop flights that would've gotten teams in pre-dawn) then who knows what the next flights will yield. Maybe someone will run out on a tarmac  :bunny

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #66 on: April 06, 2017, 10:08:37 PM »
Franny & Jessie had one shot in passing the team before them. It reminds of last season wherein Darius & Cameron had the chance to pass 3 teams but failed to. The one from last season could've been more avoidable though. :groan:

So... this is case of bad luck with flight, similar to Marty & Hagan's case from last season. Franny & Jessie barely had the chance to catch up, and it's just too bad that we're seeing them for only 2 episodes. :( In fact, they never saw a team the whole leg until the roadblock. Their positive attitude tried to make up for their bad position though.

Just like any early boot team, this team will be missed. :torche

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #67 on: April 06, 2017, 10:09:03 PM »
 :gnite: Jessica and Francessa!

Anyway, SIX FLIGHTS!!!

Sounds like a below-average EP sadly, through

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #68 on: April 06, 2017, 10:11:48 PM »
That was an interesting episode for sure. I'm not sure what direction the editors were going for this time with the beginning 15 minutes, balls, and vague descriptions of some locations, but a lot more confusion and tensions this time around.

i real think this leg was horrible love detour and roadblock brazil need justic again and this full leg with least five clues

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #69 on: April 06, 2017, 10:40:30 PM »
Editing was a mess this episode... I mean it's nothing new, but that doesn't make it any less frustrating :groan:

Speaking of "frustrating," poor Sara... What the heck is up with Shamir? He seemed cool, but that ending was something... Can someone please explain the conversation between him and Phil because even Phil wasn't happy talking to him...

I love drama on TAR but any drama that occurs between teammates makes me extremely uncomfortable (due to the fact that they're strangers). I felt uncomfortable watching Ashton & Vanck in Leg 1 and now I feel worse watching Shamir & Sara. Yikes...

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #70 on: April 07, 2017, 01:27:04 AM »
My Pros and Cons for the episode

Pros:
-Even if breezed over, I always like multiple flights. And Shamir's reaction to missing the first flight was fantastic. And we did see who was on what flight at least
-The boxing detour was unique and was well explained
-"Scared Spitless" and "Pain is temporary, elimination is forever"
-We had a decent reason for the player afraid of heights (Scott) to pick the roadblock. The sequence of Brooke injuring herself leading to Scott doing the roadblock was well done
-Height task that is more than just "do stunt" where the placements change a lot
-Mike and Liz and Vanck and Ashton doing well <3
-Established rivalry between Vanck and Ashton and The Boys. Also good to show a negative side to the inspirational contestant, more well-rounded. And I could see it setting up to the U-Turn
-Shamir's Day In Sao Painful. I don't know what to say, except wow!
-Logan getting a funny comment on Shamir's "injury," at least the most under edited team got something funny
-The last ten minutes or so was great television
-Phil calling out Shamir
-Some focus on lesser seen contestants in the premier: Shamir and Sara, Tara (got the character scene)

Cons
-The flashback segment didn't tell us anything new and that time could of been used for some departures at least
-Flight drama skimmed over
-I'm guessing Swole Sisters' flight arrived after the helicopters departed, wish we could of known that
-The music detour wasn't edited well at all
-The pace of the first half or two-thirds was too fast and frenetic (luckily it improved near the end)
-Emphasis on the pacing
-I wish we saw more Swole Sisters

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #71 on: April 07, 2017, 02:07:13 AM »
This is a great episode in my opinion. Lotsa teams, lotsa fun! I think a part of me liking this episode is that there are still a lot of teams racing. Brazil somewhat feels like an overused location, but for not seeing TAR in a while, I guess it can pass.

The detour this leg was nice. One side requires physical strength and good attention to detail. The other one is a rhythm challenge. The samba detour may look easier since it's just rhythm, but both detours are equal in difficulty, mainly due to the preciseness needed in both tasks. The samba one is cultural, but I don't think I see anything in the setting up of the gym. ??? Not sure.

The roadblock this leg wasn't easy too. As shown by some racers, missing the top part could mean that s/he has to "start over" again in a way that s/he has to go down, go back to the penthouse, then rappel down to reach the upper part of the window again. That's not only annoying, but it's also time consuming. The best thing, I think, about the roadblock is that it's not linear, so teams can have a footrace to the pit stop. Or like what we saw with the last 2 teams, they can fight neck and neck against each other.

6 different flights? That's great! Teams not only get to book the flights themselves, but the flights seem to be mostly full too. Wow! Well, we didn't get to see flight drama anymore, but it was still nice knowing that teams are quite far apart with the flights. Although I wish they showed more flight drama, especially for Jessie & Franny's case. I didn't expect them to be that far behind.

Speaking of Jessie & Franny, I'd say it was their flight being the last one that screwed them over. At the very least, that was what was shown from the editing. They were not lucky enough since Day 1. From not choosing teammates, to not making it to the 1st flight despite Phil driving them to the airport. Oh well. :torche

Shamir & Sara would've been eliminated if Jessie & Franny were on an earlier flight. Their 1st leg was okay, especially since they were the 1st team from the 2nd flight to check in. This leg, it was just not Shamir's day. The drums were already a pain to him, and they took a while to finish the detour. That didn't pull them down completely yet. It was only at the roadblock when he even broke a window our of pain and frustration. :o It was simply not his day. Even not getting on the earliest flight could add up to this.

I have to agree with the previous posts. Brooke should've been the title quote owner for this episode. Not only is it inspirational, but it's also philosophical. I like that. :lol: "Pain is temporary. Elimination is forever." Scott facing his fear was nice for him I guess. Poor Brooke broke under pressure. Even telling her to calm down won't help. At least it's not overly dramatic.

Team LoLo seem to be under the radar for the past 2 legs. I would not have remembered them much if it wasn't for spoilers. I hope they'll show more of this team as the race goes on. Hopefully the consistent 8th place doesn't mean they'll be eliminated soon. Tara & Joey are also under the radar this leg, but Joey seems more invisible, since they revealed more of Tara's background aside from Tara performing the roadblock. I can't imagine a first impression of her as an army person.

Team Fun is still fun as always! :hoot: Becca seems so used to rappelling. After all, that's almost like what she does for a living. Meanwhile, Floyd as a drummer is the same thing. They're lucky to have their passions or professions as tasks this leg.

Seth & Olive are also under the radar this leg. I'm bothered by the possibility that there's no leg prize for Leg 1. I thought it was just unaired, but now I'm not even sure. Back then Leg 1 prizes are the most precious and/or most powerful prizes of the season. Now it's just... null? Hopefully not. Prize money from last season's Leg 1 is better than no prize at all, so I guess I'll wait and see if there's really no prize for the Leg 1 winners.

Liz & Mike definitely have an improved performance this leg! :hoot: From arriving last and almost being eliminated for getting lost and for struggling with the detour, to a smooth run for 1st place! :bunny Even those on the 1st flight came after them. It reminds me of Yvonne & Chloe from TARA5. They were the last team to depart on the 2nd pit start, but they won the 2nd leg surprisingly enough.

Okay, so there's little drama between Matt & Red and Ashton. Ashton keeps grudges eh? The W-turn next episode will be interesting to this arc. Matt & Red running their own race is not bad anyway. This situation reminds me of a situation in my fanfic wherein one team yielded the other team for declining an alliance. :funny: I wonder how this arc will go. Vanck & Ashton and Matt & Red seem to do really well this leg. Matt & Red just wasn't able to find the marked cycling cluegiver right away, and Vanck & Ashton were just overtaken by Mike & Liz. At least Vanck & Ashton worked really well this leg. Matt & Red seemed to do better based on those confessionals.

Red trying to make a joke out of being one-legged and Vanck saying he gave 120% that leg even though it's mathematically impossible... :funny: :funny: :funny:

Overall, this was a great leg! I liked the previous episode better because of the self-driving element. At the same time, I think this episode's tasks were just lacking in so much excitement. This is not a bad episode, but I think it can be done better. :)

I'm gonna watch the episode again. I don't like missing 5 minutes of the show from that special announcement. I understand that it is an alarming news, but why did it have to coincide with TAR of all shows!? :tantrum

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #72 on: April 07, 2017, 04:42:23 AM »
After I watched this episode, I saw a full intro, FINALLY. It was intense those teams seen from 1-11 are based were they selected back at the starting line. Gamer was right the streaming link made a capable blurry problem. I like to watch at 720p rather than blurry streaming.

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #73 on: April 07, 2017, 06:05:59 AM »
Rewatched after, for the start that was cut-out for the news break during east coast stream.

Loved that we do have a Full-Intro.
The 6 flights thing, you can notice during the in-plane shots that the planes are smaller. Unlike larger international flights with 10 seats rows (3-4-3), those Copa flights had only 6 seat rows (3-3). Now I understand the crazy thing I just experienced for IRL work, booking flights to LAX through Copa and I had to break down the group in 3 parts to be able to book tickets for the whole group of 18 people. Still don't understand how the airline can manage flights that are just barely minutes apart, either on departure or for arrival.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #74 on: April 07, 2017, 07:29:48 AM »
Slightly off-topic but I don't know where else to ask.
With the mention of east coast stream, does this mean there's another stream at another time?