Author Topic: TAR 29: Ep 3 "Bucket List Type Stuff" 4/13  (Read 10699 times)

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: 29: Ep 3 "Bucket List Type Stuff" 4/13
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2017, 08:15:31 AM »
Passport drama again? :groan:

IFKR :/ losing a passport makes like even the most interesting team forfeit :/
and it like better not be becca and floyd  :dontgo: I wish it's either shamir and sara or london and logan(tbh they're not that competitive and also not that interesting?).
But I really can't wait for all the drama this season !! Especially between Vanck and Ashton and Matt and Redmond, the U-turn is gonna get some serious  :bump

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
Re: TAR 29: Ep 3 "Bucket List Type Stuff" 4/13
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2017, 09:17:36 AM »
Caps from the promo are up!
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline WafflesAndpancakes

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2017, 10:48:41 PM »
I think it's Seth and Olive

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2017, 01:02:41 AM »
Regarding the passport drama

a.) We don't even know if it ends up being an issue - they could easily backtrack and find it, it could be an NEL, etc.
b.) Even if it WAS an issue, we know certain teams - Becca & Floyd being one* - are definitely seen in multiple countries (you can either check the timeline or the season preview  :angel) so they would have to have a passport no?

*really, anyone except for Seth & Olive and Shamir & Sara

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2017, 06:03:25 AM »

a.) We don't even know if it ends up being an issue - they could easily backtrack and find it, it could be an NEL, etc.
b.) Even if it WAS an issue, we know certain teams - Becca & Floyd being one* - are definitely seen in multiple countries (you can either check the timeline or the season preview  :angel) so they would have to have a passport no?

In an African country where American passports are one of the most valuable items on the black market? I don't think so.

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2017, 12:07:51 PM »
My point stands though! Either -

1) Becca & Floyd, Vanck & Ashton, Brooke & Scott, Matt & Redmond, Michael & Liz, Tara & Joey or London & Logan lose it and find it because we KNOW they race in other countries or

2) Seth & Olive or Shamir & Sara lose it in which case who knows? It could eliminate them, they could fimd it and lose enough time doing so to be eliminated, they could be U-Turned or are just slow.

Both of these are independent of any (perceived) issue with the ckuntry itself.  :)

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2017, 01:46:02 PM »

got a bad feeling that it could be liz and mike. they weren't shown in the promo, so i'm gonna make that assumption.

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2017, 03:46:02 PM »
My point stands though! Either -

1) Becca & Floyd, Vanck & Ashton, Brooke & Scott, Matt & Redmond, Michael & Liz, Tara & Joey or London & Logan lose it and find it because we KNOW they race in other countries or

2) Seth & Olive or Shamir & Sara lose it in which case who knows? It could eliminate them, they could fimd it and lose enough time doing so to be eliminated, they could be U-Turned or are just slow.

Both of these are independent of any (perceived) issue with the country itself.  :)

:angel

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2017, 01:00:51 PM »
The detour was in Mkokotoni. "Weave" was here--my spec based on the open area and the small shack near the beach. Haven't found the primary school yet. And the dhow embarkation is a bit of a puzzle: Brooke said "Pokachani market" or something similar.

Offline Victoria_grub

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2017, 01:58:11 AM »
The detour was in Mkokotoni. "Weave" was here--

I was in Tanzania in October/early November and spent 3 days on Zanzibar. We took a cab from Stone town (where the market/pit stop was) to the north tip of the island, past Mkokotoni and back again a few days later. The cab prices ranged from $30 USD to $50 USD. I was shocked when the team ended up paying $300 USD for the cab ride. Not surprising they ran out of $$ in the market.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2017, 08:42:45 PM »
The detour was in Mkokotoni. "Weave" was here--

I was in Tanzania in October/early November and spent 3 days on Zanzibar. We took a cab from Stone town (where the market/pit stop was) to the north tip of the island, past Mkokotoni and back again a few days later. The cab prices ranged from $30 USD to $50 USD. I was shocked when the team ended up paying $300 USD for the cab ride. Not surprising they ran out of $$ in the market.

Wow that is incredible! Thanks so much for sharing...would have been fun if you had had another sighting!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2017, 11:16:27 PM »
After listening to the audio more, I concede that maf's hearing is better than mine (read the race report here); the U-Turn board was at the Mkokotoni fish market, which means that the dhow ride "across the bay," as Phil put it, only moved the teams a grand total of ≈ 600 yds.