Author Topic: TAR 29 Ep 1 LIVE SHOW Updates & Commentary! 3/30/17 *read Post 1*  (Read 15338 times)

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
Liz & Mike seems to be the team at the 'worst' position. It's just Leg 1 and they can't communicate well enough. :ascared

Kevin & Jenn can still catch up! :hoot:

London & Logan were 1st flight right? I'm surprised they landed 8th this leg.

Well, this twist seems to be going really well for me. :bunny Interesting team dynamics, and it's a fairer game compared to TAR26, imo.

I still like the self-driving element this leg. :conf: :yess: :cheer:

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
Kevin & Jenn are eliminated after the Detour closed shop and and received a 2 hour penalty initially arriving 10th.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
Season preview looks awesome!
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
Wow! Three U-Turns? Did I hear right?
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES

Three U-Turns and they all look to be double U-Turns
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
A season long reel. There were only like 2 or 3 moments from next leg in it.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Pretty nice episode to continue the themes emphasis since TAR26.
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
 :gnite: Kevin and Jenn!

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
Nooooo Kevin & Jenn!!! :tantrum :torche Such a good team. I wish I could see more of them. :( Them not being able to complete the detour was caused by them being lost for earlier during the leg. They had little hope, but I guess it was just not their leg. Oh well.

Liz & Mike are so lucky from that! They were able to finish the detour because they were there much earlier. If they were there just a bit later, they wouldn't have enough time to complete the detour (and have those head starts in the task).

Overall, it seems like an amazing leg! :hoot: I'm gonna watch the first 20 minutes later when TAR is on my TV at night.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster

Three U-Turns and they all look to be double U-Turns

I'm excited for all of them. :yess:

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
Not being able to complete the detour due to nighttime and safety - I think this was only mentioned in TAR17 with Nick & Vicki, but I also know this happened in TARP1 when there was rain instead of nighttime (though the sky was getting darker that time). The one in TARP1 had no penalty between the last two teams though, and the latter among the 2 miraculously survived. Any other instance when something like this happened in past seasons?

I like how this leg was able to reach nighttime. :colors I miss night legs so much, but any leg reaching darkness, even when it's just the race to the pit stop, already seems like an eternity has passed on the leg, and it feels so cool watching teams race at night. :bump

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Not being able to complete the detour due to nighttime and safety - I think this was only mentioned in TAR17 with Nick & Vicki, but I also know this happened in TARP1 when there was rain instead of nighttime (though the sky was getting darker that time). The one in TARP1 had no penalty between the last two teams though, and the latter among the 2 miraculously survived. Any other instance when something like this happened in past seasons?

I like how this leg was able to reach nighttime. :colors I miss night legs so much, but any leg reaching darkness, even when it's just the race to the pit stop, already seems like an eternity has passed on the leg, and it feels so cool watching teams race at night. :bump
TAR21 when Josh & Brent and were trying to complete the synchronized swimming side of the detour in Moscow.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster

TAR21 when Josh & Brent and were trying to complete the synchronized swimming side of the detour in Moscow.

Oh right! That was 4 hours though. I wonder what determines and differentiates the time penalty. Perhaps Josh & Brent took way too long that time. ??? Unlike here with Kevin & Jenn, they didn't have much time to complete it.

I can't confirm that speculation though, so maybe it was just changed through time like how the detour penalty was from 24 hours to 6 hours.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Who thought that we would EVER see Phil Keoghan driving? Not me! :lol: <3

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
Just outta interest:
What Detour did Kevin and Jenn do?

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
Just outta interest:
What Detour did Kevin and Jenn do?

The rowing detour, scoot. Iinm they only had the chance to do 1 attempt. They could've beaten Mike & Liz had they gotten earlier. :(

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I wish we could have a season full of #teamfuns
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I never thought I'd someone besides Phil giving the raised eyebrow at pit stop mat.  :happy:

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
Ngl I love the cast! The episode was slightly messy but they had a lot to cram in.

Also TEAMFUN :conf: :hrt: :hrt:

Offline docol

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Can't wait 4 "The Amazing Race" 35...!!!!!!!!
Well, just watched the episode...

Positives
#TeamFun  :conf:
Amazing cast
Highlights looks promising

Negatives
No intro
No team's places (just a few)
Rushed episode
No roadblock
"" JUSTICE 4 DUSTIN&KANDICE: PUT THEM ON THE AMAZING RACE LEGENDS SEASON ""

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
One thing that puzzled me was about the team that Phil drove to the airport. That seemed to be a big advantage. Phil had his car right there while the others had to hail a cab. Also, Phil probably knows the route to the airport better than anyone else in Los Angeles. Yet somehow that team ended up on the second flight.

:didimiss:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
One thing that puzzled me was about the team that Phil drove to the airport. That seemed to be a big advantage. Phil had his car right there while the others had to hail a cab. Also, Phil probably knows the route to the airport better than anyone else in Los Angeles. Yet somehow that team ended up on the second flight.

:didimiss:

Yes. I was thinking the same thing as well. Huge advantage and yet the team with Phil got on the second flight. #lol

Without a doubt, my favourite is TeamFun and Team LoLo.

I actually REALLY like LongHairDontCare HAHAHA!!

My least favourite of the list is Brooke and Scott. But then, this just feels like Hayley and Blair just that love won't occur.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
I wish we could have a season full of #teamfuns

YES. YES. YES.

It was such a pleasant experience. This is instantly right off the bat my favourite match-up. SO DARN GLAD IT HAPPENED.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
Finally watched the 1st episode, in full! :lol:

I liked watching the schoolyard pick!  :nut:
~Seth picking Olive was reasonable.
~It's also cool how Matt didn't know Redmond's name until the former chose the latter. I think it's another reasonable choice.
~I noticed that Shamir & Sara were beside each other even before the task started, so that made sense.
~Scott & Brooke ??? Well, the pause of hesitation when asked by Phil at the pit stop was a bit funny in this regard. :lol:
~Becca & Floyd, #TeamFun :nut: They seem to work well together, too.
~Vanck picking Ashton made me think what strategy was behind that choice. ??? I don't remember a reason being revealed, but I'm gonna guess that the more diverse the team is, the more tasks they can do. I don't know.
~Tara picking Joey was something. I like Tara's way of thinking that just because he finished last doesn't mean he's a bad partner. I wonder how this team will do in the race. :)
~LoLo ??? I have no idea, but they seem to get along well.
~Long hair don't care. That's easy! :lol: I remember them even somewhat working together doing the SLT, so this pairing makes a lot of sense.
~Mike & Liz: I don't know. Maybe Liz was the one who made the best impression among the remaining 3.
~Francesca & Jessie being a pair was quite funny. :lol: I remember Jessie saying she is not following Francesca because the latter brought former to the wrong direction during the SLT, and now they're a team! :funny: Yes, they did exchange a few words during the task. :lol:

Just from the schoolyard pick and the 1st leg overall, I'm already wishing this twist comes back next time in a future season of TAR. :hoot: I like how the twist, when shown as TV commercials, was already interesting. Now after seeing the episode, it's even better! :bunny

Onto the leg proper...

I know I said this earlier, but I really like how it's self-driving on Leg 1. More teams get lost, and it actually tests the communication skills between partner to partner, so Leg 1 self-driving is a really good design to match the season's biggest twist. We also got to see some character development even from the 1st boot, and it's something I barely see on other seasons wherein the premieres are either awful or mediocre.

The language barrier was another interesting obstacle on this episode. Adding having to ask for directions due to self-driving, the first leg doesn't seem to be easy despite it having a detour only, with the rest of the leg filled with navigation (and the SLT).

Did Seth & Olive win something? This can't be like TARA5 right? They better have a prize, even if it's just prize money at the very least.  :ascared

Vanck & Ashton remind me of 2 groupmates who just met in a class. :funny: They respect each other, but they get on each other's nerves. :lol: It was so entertaining watching their dynamic, because it was so obvious they are polar opposites. I wonder how they'll do next leg.

Liz & Michael were so lucky with that timing, in which Kevin & Jenn didn't have the chance to complete the detour. Although I wish I could see Kevin & Jenn race further. :( Can we at least have Elimination Station back please?

Team fun was a really fun team to watch! :hoot: Next to that would be long hair don't care, because they both act like siblings and they seem so calm and relaxed as they casually interact. :lol: At least I got to see enough of them before they go. Then again, I wish they weren't eliminated this fast. :( Now that I remember, TAR should be consistent with "may be eliminated" on premiere legs and penultimate legs, because it's gonna come out obvious every season, ever since the introduction of the penultimate ZHPS and Leg 1 NEL respectively.

The Express Pass! Ever since the EP curse found in the past few seasons, I think giving it away randomly by luck is a good step from it. Not only is it given by luck and by random, but no other team will know which team has possession over the 1 and only EP in the season, so it doesn't put a target on their back. This randomness actually reminds me of the FF given on the latter half of a TBC leg back in the old days.

Overall, not am I only glad that TAR is finally back, but I'm also glad Leg 1 did not disappoint! :bunny :hoot: :cheer: :trampb: :hearts:

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
I just noticed that Logan and London came in 8th place even though their flight had a 2.5 hour lead.  :funny: