Author Topic: TAR 29 EP 2: "Scared Spitless" 4/6 @ 10 PM!  (Read 10117 times)

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 29 EP 2: "Scared Spitless" 4/6 @ 10 PM!
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2017, 11:24:40 AM »
It looks like Shamir and Sara look Distressed at a travel agent. Different flights?

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2017, 11:44:21 AM »
It looks like Shamir and Sara look Distressed at a travel agent. Different flights?

fwiw there are many flights from PTY to GRU, the best one being

CM 701 PTY GRU 1148 2045

and the lovely alternates being

- CM 0659 PTY BOG 1152 1329
  AV 0249 BOG GRU 1500 2310
- CM 0800 PTY GRU 1524 0030(+1)
- CM 1542 PTY GRU 1542 0045(+1)

(there are later flights but that would make the "overnight rest" amount to about an hour  :funny:)

My guess? Teams are released around 1100, forcing them to compete for seats on CM 0800 vs CM 1542, leading to S&S's expressions.

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2017, 12:51:14 PM »
Another thing to note is that in the sneak peak, Jessie and Francesca are riding in a taxi to the heliport in daylight. This means that they got on a later flight than what was posted in the previous post

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2017, 01:11:38 PM »
49-56 They're using the Desgualdo footbridge (viewpoint here). The only thing nearby, according to this article (Portuguese), is one of those viaduct boxing gyms.

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2017, 02:36:09 PM »
Another thing to note is that in the sneak peak, Jessie and Francesca are riding in a taxi to the heliport in daylight. This means that they got on a later flight than what was posted in the previous post

They stayed overnight in Caracuiba. (Something like that)

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2017, 02:39:55 PM »

But Jessie says they are taking a taxi to the HELIPORT.

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2017, 06:28:37 PM »

But Jessie says they are taking a taxi to the HELIPORT.

My guess is they're taking it from where they stayed overnight; Carapicuiba isn't a single building, it's a decently sized (13 sq. mi) area and just from looking at Google Maps, there isn't any obvious lodging near the helipark in Carapicuiba.

If they did somehow fail to get on the first four flights, then in order for them to be seen on the metro around 845, they have to take

CM 759 PTY GRU 2124 0620(+1),

though, if the sneak peak is to be believed, I don't know if they would be able to get through customs, take an ~hour long drive (on a good day, not the traffic jam as seen) to get to the first clue (telling them to go by helicopter), get to the helipark, go through the safety briefing for the helicopter ride and fail to find a taxi and/or figure out how to use the Sao Paulo metro all in about 2 hours.

(eta - listening from it, I think the part where Jessie says they're taking a taxi to the heliport was lifted from a different conversation, possibly to hide the overnight rest if they choose to edit it out)

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2017, 07:41:33 AM »
Are we not getting any press pics this season wtf CBS ???

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2017, 02:28:28 AM »
Details
Also, the travel agency was in this building.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 01:05:02 PM by Slowhatch »

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2017, 05:52:20 AM »
Details

:conf:

The editing made it seem the sign-up book was at the Helipark, but I think that it was directly at the Hotel where they stayed overnight.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2017, 09:51:41 PM »
It's a little hard to see, but that's a high-rise behind them; they probably started the leg near their hotel.

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2017, 06:42:49 AM »
It's a little hard to see, but that's a high-rise behind them; they probably started the leg near their hotel.

That's likely right outside the park. as that is closed between 6pm to 6am. There are some foliage outside near the newsstands.
That's the Federal Justice Building (Justiça Federal - Fórum Ministro Pedro Lessa) on the background, right across the street from the main park entrance.
https://goo.gl/maps/6ATyN8Kea2H2

Edit: Right in front of that building, which is probably where Matt and Redmond were dropped off by the taxi between traveling from Detour to the Roadblock. The Taxi driver changed the outcome of this leg, by dropping them off there instead of 3 blocks up the avenue. They very likely wasted 20-30 minutes there, allowing Vanck and Ashton to catch-up.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 07:05:33 AM by NumfarPTB »

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2017, 08:22:33 PM »
To Peach:  I wasn't sure if I should post this here, Shamir's thread, or the Live episode thread.  Help me out? :)

Justin (S27), James Earl (S27), and Korey (S28) personally talked to Shamir on their recap.  Some new info:
- Shamir broke two windows, not one (not sure about this one? He kind of brushed it off quickly..)
- The Roadblock had a time limit of just a couple minutes, apparently.  I'm not sure how plausible this is.. maybe Liz and Ashton and others really had to go back up a second or third time (contrary to what was shown), but it seems like those windows definitely take more than one attempt to clean if that were the case?
- If it wasn't already obvious, Shamir was pissed at production for not showing any empathy towards his pain. When he finished the task, he went back up to get his jacket and called them out for not being concerned about his condition.  Production's argument:  he broke a window.
- Shamir's reasoning for punching a window: in the heat of the moment, he thought he could James Bond his way through the window and get the harness off.  Basically, it was out of pain... it wasn't intentional.

Justin was pretty awkward because he kept using the fact that Shamir is from the Bronx to support his behavior :res: and Shamir kind of verbally attacked James Earl for criticizing the punches.  I honestly would've been scared to even ask Shamir personally for his side of the story.

But.. I can't help but kind of understand Shamir's side of the story? He was there for hours and being constantly told that your windows aren't clean when you're in excruciating pain doesn't sound fun at all.  You could argue that other men were able to handle the challenge, but according to London's episode recap, Logan complained about the harness as well, just not to the same extent, obviously.

The only thing holding me back from supporting Shamir is him complaining about his hand... I mean maybe it was just a little shock to him that a challenge involving DRUMS could do that to his hands?

Bottom line: I do feel some sympathy for Shamir, but I don't think he's made for this Race.

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2017, 08:26:37 PM »
I remember Logan mentioning in the episode that his balls hurt, but he said something like it hurt for every male who would do it as to discredit Shamir's reaction

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2017, 08:33:53 PM »
I remember Logan mentioning in the episode that his balls hurt, but he said something like it hurt for every male who would do it as to discredit Shamir's reaction
Shamir was there for hours (remember they dropped from 5th to 9th and the SwoleSisters who were hours behind caught up) and the doctor told him that continuing the challenge for much longer would be a risk (forgot to mention that).

I'm not completely backing him up.. like I said, he seemed to overreact over his hand and even Sara (who clearly knows more than any of us) criticized him for complaining in an insider video.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2017, 02:47:02 AM »
The only thing holding me back from supporting Shamir is him complaining about his hand... I mean maybe it was just a little shock to him that a challenge involving DRUMS could do that to his hands?
I wouldn't lean on this too much. Once I had seen the entire episode, I was completely sure this was put in there solely for the purpose of the audience getting mad at Shamir. Right now I also feel like he was being a baby, but had that hand scene not been in the episode, I would definitely feel more sympathy for Shamir. So I do believe that was purposeful editing.

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2017, 06:25:02 AM »
Shamir's pain at the roadblock still doesn't excuse the ball-istic tantrum he threw at the Pitstop. And when your partner is crying and you still continue your awful behaviour im gonna call you an :ahat: