Author Topic: Areas of the US TAR SHOULD Visit  (Read 3489 times)

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Areas of the US TAR SHOULD Visit
« on: March 27, 2017, 03:59:08 PM »
I know there was a thread that got into some sort of discussion regarding underused and never-used start/finish cities in the US.

Not going to put this in the wishlist thread, because I don't think this is "wishlist" worthy. There are plenty of cities that TAR hasn't been to yet in the States. (Family edition not included.) Any particular areas that the race should go to?

Here's the obligatory "Boston and/or New England in general" vote.
I thought that when we fought, I was to blame
Now I know you play a different game
I've seen you dance with danger; still wanting more
Add another number to the score

Offline Pi/

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Full Member
Re: Areas of the US TAR SHOULD Visit
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2017, 07:24:29 PM »
- Houston: America's fourth largest city.
- Philadelphia: America's fifth largest city.
- Atlanta: the TAR 19 visit wasn't that great; also, it has the world's largest airport.
- Nashville/Memphis: Music history and Southern culture.
- Boston: Historical city, especially with the American Revolution.
- Baltimore: Major seaport and historical city.
- Colorado: Has amazing scenery, the Mile High City, and the US's sixth largest airport.
- Puerto Rico: Hasn't been visited for ten years. It could be interesting to see teams have a language barrier on the final leg, plus, it's a beautiful island.
“We inhabit a complex world. Some boundaries are sharp... but nature also includes continua that cannot be neatly parceled into two piles of unambiguous yeses and noes.” - S. J. Gould

“If you don't accept others who are different, it means nothing that you've learned calculus.” - Shirley Chisholm

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2017, 09:07:08 PM »
I would like to deviate away from the idea of cities and I would like to see a finale leg in rural America and do like farming tasks or chores. I think that it would be cool to go to a small town that many people may not have even heard of. Although budget might be an issue to get teams from airports to rural areas, I think it would be a good change in pace.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2017, 11:26:22 PM »
North and South Dakota!

As their even been a team from there???

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2017, 11:23:23 AM »
I would like to deviate away from the idea of cities and I would like to see a finale leg in rural America and do like farming tasks or chores. I think that it would be cool to go to a small town that many people may not have even heard of. Although budget might be an issue to get teams from airports to rural areas, I think it would be a good change in pace.

This is a great idea. If TAR can start outside of a major city (Boston), they can finish outside of one. Plus, TPTB can find tasks to suit the leg perfectly.

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2017, 12:58:05 PM »
I feel like I need a proper desert southwest leg (they could get from most places to Dallas to Santa Fe or Albuquerque or to LAX to Salt Lake City  :angel) to make up for TAR 4/8.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2017, 08:07:00 PM »
I would love to see a final leg in New Orleans that shows more of the Cajun - Creole - French - American "boiling pot" culture to go along with what we saw in 8. The powerful local cuisine, the vibrant old-fashioned hospitality to capture in HD, the lush swamps and bayous, potential gators, zydeco, craps dice game, powerboat racing, and historic plantations that could be rented out for Finish Lines. There is certainly more to explore here and I would love for the race to travel here one more time.

:margarita: And might I mention, Mardi Gras tasks would be a huge bonus!
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline ghmorello

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2017, 09:18:16 PM »
1st half of the final leg should be in Boston and then end the race in Salem. 

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2017, 09:23:11 PM »
North and South Dakota!

As their even been a team from there???
Amanda & Chris from season 4 are from Sioux Falls, South Dakota.
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2017, 09:32:42 PM »

This is a great idea. If TAR can start outside of a major city (Boston), they can finish outside of one. Plus, TPTB can find tasks to suit the leg perfectly.
A great destination would be at a wine country region like Napa Valley in the SF Bay Area if they are really on a California-must basis, or Willamette Valley in Oregon (get in from Portland) and the Texas Hill Country (get in from either Austin or San Antonio). The family-run farms and rural America visits in the premiere episode of season 8 was really exciting to watch and the tasks were phenomenal for what everybody had to work with. I would love to see this concept again some day.

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2017, 06:22:38 PM »
The family-run farms and rural America visits in the premiere episode of season 8 was really exciting to watch and the tasks were phenomenal for what everybody had to work with. I would love to see this concept again some day.

Not going to disagree with this. Even the later legs weren't bad (my thoughts on the tasks are nothing here). CBS could build on what they've learned.

Offline TARguy126

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • Will someone please teach me some coding??
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2017, 02:13:21 PM »

I agree! I am from a small town about 2 hours from Dallas, and we have the biggest downtown square in America. I think this would be a great place to visit and so would a number of small towns across the US.
Design Challenge VII
Padogs AR Unfinished Business 2
Declives TAR 22 Decisions game