Author Topic: TAR 29: Scott Flanary  (Read 12876 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 29: Scott Flanary
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2017, 06:41:10 PM »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2017, 08:31:51 PM »
See what they studied (previous seasons in particular) and why Scott thinks they won!

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-scott-flanary-talks-the-amazing-race-we-ran-flawless-final-leg-and-being-super-fan-helped-22143.php

Reality TV World: How long did the final scoreboard task take you to complete at Wrigley Field? And how prepared were you for a task like that, what type of notes had you been taking up to that last leg?

Scott Flanary: I think it took us about 15 -- 30 minutes. Brooke and I used the flight from Seoul to study.

We memorized everything: flags, currency, greeter faces and attire, local languages, the order of eliminated teams, the placement of every team on every leg, everyone who completed each Roadblock, the details of all Detours, our first impression of all 20 other cast mates, our favorite and least favorite leg/Roadblock/Detour, and who we would have picked at the start line challenge if not for each other.

We were ready for any memory task and were very happy it was something we memorized.

After reading that I think the production should think more about designing the final memory challenge because it's starting to get predictable, especially by superfans who took a note of everything during the race. I think memory challenge like back in TAR12 (combination of something they encountered during the race) is something they can reuse as Switchback because it's so unpredictable and can has some twists to make it even more unique.

Back to the topic, I still really happy with the fact that a superfan won the race. They really deserved to win with such preparations, and the gate check idea was brilliant. :lol: The fact that Scott also could manipulate the other teams to not check-in their bags was also brilliant idea, it showed that social skill could be used for something like this.
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2017, 04:03:43 AM »
What Brooke said: self-driving in Greece made them see more of the country. TAR should have more self-driving legs for this reason. :hrt:

Offline ghmorello

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2017, 02:19:54 AM »
Scott will being having an AMA on /r/TheAmazingRace on June 20th at 10 PM ET.  You must have a Reddit account to ask your question(s).

Offline Genius

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2017, 11:37:59 AM »
Scott reminds me of Chris Pratt (at least in the movie Passengers).

He is a very entertaining individual, but unfortunately Brooke overshadowed him most of the time.  :bunny