Author Topic: TAR 29: Scott Flanary  (Read 1207 times)

Online georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
TAR 29: Scott Flanary
« on: March 15, 2017, 06:41:38 AM »
Biography

Hometown: Charlotte, N.C.
Current occupation: University Recruiting Manager

Describe what you do: I source, interview and hire students for internships and entry-level jobs. I also set recruiting strategies for my firm, coach recruiters and manage budgets.

3 words to describe you: Motivated, perceptive and competitive.

Favorite hobbies: Cooking, hiking, traveling, CrossFit, reading, game nights and volunteering abroad.

What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Losing 40 pounds by changing my lifestyle with healthy eating and regular exercise. I learned I have strong willpower and no problem delaying gratification for a bigger reward.

What scares you most about traveling? Iím not very good with foreign languages so I fear my inability to communicate clearly will be a problem.

What excites you most about traveling? Adventuring into the unknown. Who will I meet? What will I experience? I love trying new things.

What qualities do you hope your partner has? I hope my partner is super motivated with an unending drive to win. I need someone ready to play a social game on top of a mental/physical game. A likeable personality will help us steer clear of getting U-turned. Intelligence, physical prowess and strong social skills are key.

What qualities will be hard for you to put up with in a partner? My partner canít get frustrated too quickly. He or she also shouldnít have the words ďI canítĒ in his or her vocabulary.

What do you think will be the biggest challenge you and your teammate face? Iím deathly afraid of heights and falling, so my partner will need to complete those types of Roadblocks (bungee jumping, sky diving). Outside of that, I think weíll need to figure out how to build a trusting relationship quickly so we can rely on our collective strengths to stay ahead of the competition.

What country and place would you most like to visit and why? Iíve wanted to experience Italy, where my ancestors lived, and Australia, my bucket list country. Both are gorgeous environments steeped in history.

What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? As a super fan, Iím looking forward to this life-changing experience of traveling the world while playing a game. I canít wait to experience vastly different cultures and prove that I can accomplish more than I ever imagined.

Follow on Twitter and Instagram: @scottflanary
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 12:20:06 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Online georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 29: Scott Flanary
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2017, 06:41:54 AM »
saved
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • ZANKIE FOREVER!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2017, 09:30:52 AM »
Meet Scott Flanary From The Amazing Race Season 29

Watch 33-year-old recruiting manager Scott Flanary talk about what makes him adventurous, why he's nervous about the stranger pick, and if he'd be open to starting a relationship while on the Race.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Ke59eCx1ew8" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Ke59eCx1ew8</a>

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2017, 04:08:41 AM »
No future spoilers in the racer's threads please. :tup:

^^It's not a spoiler if it's in media but ok mom got it
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 05:48:01 AM by ovalorange »
I see you watching me watching you :)

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2017, 10:36:17 AM »
It's funny how he's been doing the height-related tasks so far. :lol: I wonder what would happen if he and Brooke did the 10,000 ft skydiving Fast Forward. :funny:

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2017, 04:27:52 PM »
Oh my God I was so happy for Scott that they were behind TeamFun at the FF. I think they would've done the task eventually, as it took a pretty long heli ride until the task was actually revealed to Becca & Floyd, but Scott would've been devastated.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2017, 12:44:37 AM »
I find this guy funnier than his partner :funny:

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2017, 02:13:15 PM »
Loved his reaction, a sort of stare when Brooke credits herself for doing him a favor for overcoming his fear of heights to which he replied: "Thanks Brooke" sarcastically. (Norway Leg 5)

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2017, 10:53:45 AM »
I find this guy funnier than his partner :funny:

Quoting for emphasis.

He fails to disappoint me every leg! :funny:

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2017, 02:48:41 PM »