Author Topic: TAR 29: Tara Carr  (Read 12784 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
TAR 29: Tara Carr
« on: March 15, 2017, 06:24:04 AM »

Biography

Hometown: Where the Army sends me! Originally from New Milford, Conn., but currently reside in Alexandria, Va., although I am presently in Afghanistan.
Current occupation: U.S. Army Officer

Describe what you do: I am currently deployed in Afghanistan with the U.S. Army.

3 words to describe you: Driven, compassionate and lucky.

Favorite hobbies: Golf, yoga, travel and spending time with my husband and children.

What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Being the mother to four beautiful children while simultaneously balancing a career as an active duty Army officer.

What scares you most about traveling? Probably just flying.

What excites you most about traveling? Experiencing foreign cultures, languages, people and seeing our beautiful world.

What qualities do you hope your partner has? Qualities like my husband - smart, strong, experienced and worldly.

What qualities will be hard for you to put up with in a partner? Someone who complains, who can't carry their own weight and who doesn't take a moment to relish their surroundings.

What do you think will be the biggest challenge you and your teammate face? Probably a heights challenge like bungee jumping or sky diving. I'm actually afraid of heights!

What country and place would you most like to visit and why? I would most like to visit India, Africa or Scandinavia, because I have never been there. I would also love to visit a Chinese speaking nation because I speak Mandarin Chinese. Italy would be great too because it is my favorite country and I also speak some Italian!

What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? I hope to demonstrate mostly for my children, but also to other women, that perseverance, dedication and belief in oneself are formulas for success, and that it is possible to maintain a healthy balance between being a professional soldier and a mother at the same time. Life is short and everyone should seize each precious moment!

Follow on Twitter: @TAR29GoArmyTara
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 12:22:57 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 29: Tara Carr
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2017, 06:24:32 AM »
saved
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2017, 09:58:41 AM »
Meet Tara Carr From The Amazing Race Season 29

Watch 37-year-old mother of four Tara Carr talk about her career as an army officer, how she feels about a mystery partner, and the kind of support her husband shows her.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/jmXHmCkCBjM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/jmXHmCkCBjM</a>

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2017, 10:11:15 PM »
She is maximizing her powers in playing the game! :hoot:

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2017, 02:19:47 AM »
Tara is probably the most strategic person we have ever seen

other honorable strategic racers:
1) Rob (season 7) : encouraging others to give up on roadblock to avoid being eliminated
2) Beauty queens (season 11) : buying a yield
3) Twinnies (season 21) : Double u-turn strategy to kill Annie & Ryan
4) Max & Katie (season 22) : 3-way roadblcok quitting
5) Jennifer (season 24) : begging for 2nd express pas

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2017, 09:39:53 AM »

1) Rob (season 7) : encouraging others to give up on roadblock to avoid being eliminated

Care to elaborate?  I don't see what she's done to be anywhere near as strategic as those other 5 racers you mentioned?  ???
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2017, 10:24:20 AM »

Care to elaborate?  I don't see what she's done to be anywhere near as strategic as those other 5 racers you mentioned?  ???

Jennifer begging for the EP was NOT strategic! The Cowboys getting rid of a liability like the EP was the strategic part there.

I'll elaborate the strategic part I see in her.
1. She picking Joey at the beginning was a decision made by the heart and the mind. It's in her guts saying that just because Joey screwed up SLT doesn't mean he'll do bad later on, as it couldn't be proven right then and there. At the same time, it's strategic to get a 'weak' partner so that they would not be a threat.
2. U-turning Seth & Olive, a strong team (strongest team that time, in fact) since SLT. Enough said?

That's all I can point out for now. However, we also see how Tara can lead the team, like how she knows what she's doing at Tanzania2 at the detour.

I think I missed something. ???

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2017, 10:42:09 AM »

Jennifer begging for the EP was NOT strategic! The Cowboys getting rid of a liability like the EP was the strategic part there.

1. She picking Joey at the beginning was a decision made by the heart and the mind. It's in her guts saying that just because Joey screwed up SLT doesn't mean he'll do bad later on, as it couldn't be proven right then and there. At the same time, it's strategic to get a 'weak' partner so that they would not be a threat.
2. U-turning Seth & Olive, a strong team (strongest team that time, in fact) since SLT. Enough said?

That's all I can point out for now. However, we also see how Tara can lead the team, like how she knows what she's doing at Tanzania2 at the detour.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying she's NOT strategic.  Picking Joey was a very clever move, and how they U-Turned Seth & Olive was probably the most strategic move all Season, but that was a joint decision between both Tara AND Joey.  But even with all that, I still don't understand how she's considered one of THE most strategic racers ever?  ???
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2017, 10:47:36 AM »

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying she's NOT strategic.  Picking Joey was a very clever move, and how they U-Turned Seth & Olive was probably the most strategic move all Season, but that was a joint decision between both Tara AND Joey.  But even with all that, I still don't understand how she's considered one of THE most strategic racers ever?  ???

Oh I missed the keyword: 'most'
Maybe most strategic this season? ???

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2017, 11:08:53 AM »

1) Using a blind u-turn because of their first place at the u-turn board so no one aside from Vanck & Ashton can know she is the user
2) Keep lying when Matt & Redmond questioning her
3) Team up with a strong team (the boys) and ditch them to the pit-stop in Leg 5

Clearly we see Tara as the lead person in her team, the u-turn decision is first proposed by her

I always consider Country Singers begging for EP a strategic move! Seriously, what can you do if your partner is totally malfunctioning in a roadblock and your team faces risk of elimination?
Begging for the EP is clearly a strategic move for her to save her team! She is thinking of ways other than doing tasks quickly to help her team staying in the game, so why shouldn't it be considered strategic?  :sab
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 11:13:20 AM by cbacbacba1 »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2017, 12:07:37 PM »
Nice!

https://www.stripes.com/news/military-experience-spurs-army-major-to-the-head-of-amazing-race-1.465402#.WQDTszY2zyT

KABUL, Afghanistan — A U.S. Army major deployed to Afghanistan is among the 22 contestants competing for a $1 million prize on the current season of the CBS reality show “The Amazing Race.”

Maj. Tara Carr was among 4,000 people who vied to get on the show, which involves a series of challenges in a race around the world. She and her partner on the show, Boston police Sgt. Joey Covino, placed first in the last two episodes and are leading the pack heading into Thursday’s show, the sixth of the 12-episode season. The show runs until June 1.

Carr, who is serving with the Defense Intelligence Agency at Bagram Air Field, had hoped to take part in the competition with her husband, Tony, a West Point graduate who now works for the State Department.

read more:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2017, 12:31:59 PM »
“At the first airport, I was like, we’re tossing all your hair products,” Carr said.

Wow she's strict! :lol: That's no surprise from someone from the army though. I wonder if this really happened. ???

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2017, 05:07:58 PM »
“At the first airport, I was like, we’re tossing all your hair products,” Carr said.

Wow she's strict! :lol: That's no surprise from someone from the army though. I wonder if this really happened. ???

Oh yes! it happened lol
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline angkorwhat

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2017, 09:54:25 PM »
I really like how she's racing and who she appears to be as a person on the show.  She definitely has strategic chops too  :)

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2017, 07:53:23 PM »

She's got a very long way to go to overcome Boston Rob. His strategies in Season 7 bordered almost on cheating. He bribed locals, stole taxis, manipulated other teams into quitting, gas lighted other contestants, etc.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2017, 08:52:38 AM »
http://www.newmilfordspectrum.com/news/article/New-Milford-parents-thrilled-with-daughter-s-11085461.php

Carr, who is a major in the U.S. Army, has lived in Beijing, where she worked in an embassy, spent time with nomads in Mongolia, served on a United Nations mission in Kosovo and lived in Italy and Germany. She’s also fluent in Mandarin and can speak Portuguese, Italian and Spanish as well as a little Korean, Buonaiuto said.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2017, 02:31:28 PM »
I'm wondering if what it would be like if she was racing with her husband who's also in the military.

Offline GoodHelp1941

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2017, 09:39:31 AM »
She wouled be the best because her husbend is the best!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2017, 08:57:50 PM »
So very happy to share that TARA came home this morning after a very long 6 months in Afghanistan!

:conf: WELCOME HOME TARA!  :conf:

And thank you from all of us for your service!
[/size]

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2017, 08:59:35 PM »
Can you imagine the pain of being away from those beautiful children for 6 whole months?? Oh my....
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2017, 01:17:02 AM »
http://www.newmilfordspectrum.com/news/article/New-Milford-parents-thrilled-with-daughter-s-11085461.php

Carr, who is a major in the U.S. Army, has lived in Beijing, where she worked in an embassy, spent time with nomads in Mongolia, served on a United Nations mission in Kosovo and lived in Italy and Germany. She’s also fluent in Mandarin and can speak Portuguese, Italian and Spanish as well as a little Korean, Buonaiuto said.

I was gonna say she would have an advantage on the Korean leg, but that would've been spoilers. Anyway, I never heard her speaking Korean all throughout the episode, not even a bit. ???

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2017, 10:59:43 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/tnJPuVMPrRQ" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/tnJPuVMPrRQ</a>

Post-finale interview with Tara!

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2017, 11:13:24 PM »
She seems like such a good lady!

Such a shame her and Joey didn't win!

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2017, 07:29:57 PM »

I was gonna say she would have an advantage on the Korean leg, but that would've been spoilers. Anyway, I never heard her speaking Korean all throughout the episode, not even a bit. ???
Korean and Mandarin  :hoot:
She is such talented person in languages