The Amazing Race > The Racers

TAR 29: Tara Carr

(1/6) > >>

georgiapeach:

Biography

Hometown: Where the Army sends me! Originally from New Milford, Conn., but currently reside in Alexandria, Va., although I am presently in Afghanistan.
Current occupation: U.S. Army Officer

Describe what you do: I am currently deployed in Afghanistan with the U.S. Army.

3 words to describe you: Driven, compassionate and lucky.

Favorite hobbies: Golf, yoga, travel and spending time with my husband and children.

What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Being the mother to four beautiful children while simultaneously balancing a career as an active duty Army officer.

What scares you most about traveling? Probably just flying.

What excites you most about traveling? Experiencing foreign cultures, languages, people and seeing our beautiful world.

What qualities do you hope your partner has? Qualities like my husband - smart, strong, experienced and worldly.

What qualities will be hard for you to put up with in a partner? Someone who complains, who can't carry their own weight and who doesn't take a moment to relish their surroundings.

What do you think will be the biggest challenge you and your teammate face? Probably a heights challenge like bungee jumping or sky diving. I'm actually afraid of heights!

What country and place would you most like to visit and why? I would most like to visit India, Africa or Scandinavia, because I have never been there. I would also love to visit a Chinese speaking nation because I speak Mandarin Chinese. Italy would be great too because it is my favorite country and I also speak some Italian!

What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? I hope to demonstrate mostly for my children, but also to other women, that perseverance, dedication and belief in oneself are formulas for success, and that it is possible to maintain a healthy balance between being a professional soldier and a mother at the same time. Life is short and everyone should seize each precious moment!

Follow on Twitter: @TAR29GoArmyTara

georgiapeach:
saved

RealityFreakWill:
Meet Tara Carr From The Amazing Race Season 29

Watch 37-year-old mother of four Tara Carr talk about her career as an army officer, how she feels about a mystery partner, and the kind of support her husband shows her.

https://www.youtube.com/v/jmXHmCkCBjM

georgiapeach:
GOOD one!

http://www.wusa9.com/entertainment/television/programs/great-day-washington/exclusive-us-army-major-local-mom-of-4-talks-about-competing-on-the-amazing-race/426870066

Platrium:
She is maximizing her powers in playing the game! :hoot:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version