Author Topic: Chip & Kim "Married Parents"  (Read 11737 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Chip & Kim "Married Parents"
« on: June 26, 2004, 06:25:07 PM »

Chip & Kim have been married for over 25 years, are raising three children and reside in Coto de Caza, California. They met at a party in the summer of 1978. Kim caught Chip's eye as she was on the dance floor doing "the freak" in her Jordache jeans. When Chip introduced himself to Kim and asked if he could treat her to a drink of her choice, she flatly refused. He was undaunted, however, and kept persisting, finally obtaining her phone number. At first, Kim was not interested in Chip at all, but over time, he managed to change her image of him, especially when she saw him two months later cruising down Crenshaw Boulevard in his brand new royal blue 280Z sports car.

Kim is the owner of an information technology recruiting company. She says that her proudest accomplishment is marrying Chip and having their three children, Elon, Phillip III and Kristen. She says that she and her teammate are soul mates with the same life goals who want the best for each other.

Chip is the owner of a web technology company. Aside from marrying Kim, he said his second biggest accomplishment was finishing college at age 38. He said he most resembles boxer George Foreman, minus his money, and his wife looks like Olympic runner Florence Griffith Joyner!

Chip & Kim say they decided to apply for THE AMAZING RACE 5 because "several of our friends and family members have made calls to us to express their strong feelings as to why we should be on the show. That is why we started watching. Now, THE AMAZING RACE is our favorite show."

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
Re: Chip & Kim "Married Parents"
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2004, 01:17:13 AM »
They sound like a couple that I could probably cheer on and want to do well.  They actually do resemble George Forman and Flo Jo

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2004, 05:35:39 PM »
Yes they do Bathfizzy  lol

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2012, 04:31:11 PM »
CHIP AND KIM at Derby Prelude Party, 12 Jan 2012, LA, CA.
TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline Charlie90

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2012, 01:26:35 AM »
Am i the only one who didn't liked them? Specially after the hissy-fit they threw when they weren't invited to TAR All-Stars.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2012, 07:29:43 PM »
Not exactly. I despised both Kim and Chip. they were the luckiest winners of an Amazing Race ever and probably will always be.

Offline Charlie90

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2012, 10:47:48 PM »
Yeah, i wanted Colin and Christie to win that Race..
Kim was all right i guess, but i couldn't stand Chip....nah! scratch that, i couldn't stand both.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2012, 05:24:52 PM »
I don't see how you could like a rude OTT Colin over Chip :lol:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline maxen

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2012, 05:46:46 PM »
I liked Colin but i HATED Christie.... well i didn't like any of the females in the final 3. I think Colin is THE MOST intense racer in the history of TAR... Chip & Kim were ok... just ok.

Offline Charlie90

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2012, 01:47:46 PM »
I know Colin was rude and stuff, but you could tell he was passionate about winning (not that any of the other teams weren't, mind you), but i don't know, for a strange  reason i found myself rooting more for Colin and Christie. There's something about Chip and Kim that bothered me. Maybe it was their audition video, which IMO makes them look pompous..

And yeah..ALL the females in the F3 were just dead weight. They only did 1 roadblock in the entire Race, hence the reason why they created the "6 Roadblock" rule

Offline maxen

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2012, 02:26:12 PM »
 :o I haven't seen their audition video.

Offline Charlie90

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2012, 08:32:51 PM »

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2012, 08:51:45 PM »
I know Colin was rude and stuff, but you could tell he was passionate about winning (not that any of the other teams weren't, mind you), but i don't know, for a strange  reason i found myself rooting more for Colin and Christie. There's something about Chip and Kim that bothered me. Maybe it was their audition video, which IMO makes them look pompous..

And yeah..ALL the females in the F3 were just dead weight. They only did 1 roadblock in the entire Race, hence the reason why they created the "6 Roadblock" rule

Nope. The Roadblock rule is not an absolute 6. There is some uncertainty about it, but it is believed to be equal some seasons and +-1 others. Also, what was put in place happened after AR5 (where all the finalist teams had females with only 1 ROADBLOCK), not after AR3. In spite of that, I do not consider Christie to be dead weight. She was able to handle partially the very difficult task of calming Colin down.  I do agree that Kim and Nicole were pretty much dead weight.

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2012, 08:12:41 AM »
I liked Colin but i HATED Christie.... well i didn't like any of the females in the final 3. I think Colin is THE MOST intense racer in the history of TAR... Chip & Kim were ok... just ok.

Definitely, the Bowling mums needed to be in there.

Offline TheBayAreaGuy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2016, 05:02:47 PM »
Chip recently wrote a wonderful public-piece on how Muhammed Ali changed his life. He had played a younger version of Ali in the 1977 film "The Greatest".

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/muhammad-ali-man-who-changed-my-life-forever-chip-and-kim-mcallister?articleId=6144925658469380096#comments-6144925658469380096&trk=prof-post

EAOWadsy

« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2017, 03:20:56 PM »

^ I second that. When I watched the thirteenth leg, I found it pretty underwhelming to be honest. Nicole, Christie and especially Kim did squat when it came to challenges, except for the caviar which Nikki & Christie both did, and a few other struggles here and there. I didn't mind Chip & Kim winning, but I too believe Colin & Christie should have won and everything in Dallas seemed to have been determined due to flights, so I lost interest.