Author Topic: ALL TAR 29 Scheduling INFO is HERE! Start to Finish!  (Read 20214 times)

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
Re: ALL TAR 29 Scheduling INFO is HERE! Start to Finish!
« Reply #75 on: March 27, 2017, 02:50:53 PM »
That's only 10 weeks, so there has to be a couple of double episodes in there somewhere.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #76 on: March 27, 2017, 03:24:38 PM »
That's only 10 weeks, so there has to be a couple of double episodes in there somewhere.

Lot's-o-discussion over at this thread Reply #47 regards Futon Critic posting of TAR schedule.  Yes, two double episodes.   }:>

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #77 on: March 27, 2017, 03:58:40 PM »
There's another option that CBS counts in the eyeball department.
(And I have verified this with the CBS app folks,)
I dropped my cable service at the end of the year and switched to using just streaming services. My plan has been that I would add CBS AllAccess once TAR returned and not until then. I had planned with the original April premiere date to sign up in early April, in time it to when I get direct deposits each month, but then CBS did this last minute schedule change.

With the one week free trial for the lower cost ($6.99/month) that isn't commercial free, they won't bill you for the first month until your free week expires (and exactly one full week.) So I will sign up probably on Wednesday do I'm not billed before I have the direct deposit in my bank, and I will be able to watch the premiere live and will be able to rewatch thereafter.

CBS makes clear that these views ARE included in the Nielsen numbers. For those of you outside the U.S., sorry the app is for US viewers only, since the app can restrict to U.S. viewers based on IP and your provided bankcard number.

But that is another way to make sure your viewing counts!

And what I'm spending now with streaming without cable is half of what I was spending on cable!
-- theschnauzers

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #78 on: March 27, 2017, 04:02:21 PM »

Lot's-o-discussion over at this thread Reply #47 regards Futon Critic posting of TAR schedule.  Yes, two double episodes.   }:>

When the time shift was announced, I checked the Futon Critic and it had the first 8 episodes listed as one hour without a gap.
The May sweeps end a little later in May this year, so for TAR, literally all but the season finale on June 1st will be counted in the TV ratings year. That's actually better than usual as normally, TAR's spring season would end with only the finale airing during May sweeps period.

Go figure!
-- theschnauzers

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #79 on: March 27, 2017, 06:15:43 PM »

Courtesy of the Futon Critic, the first 3 episodes have titles:

3/30/17    (#2901) WE'RE COMING FOR YOU, PHIL!

4/6/17     (#2902) SCARED SPITLESS

4/13/17   (#2903) BUCKET LIST TYPE STUFF

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #80 on: March 27, 2017, 07:37:49 PM »

Courtesy of the Futon Critic, the first 3 episodes have titles:

3/30/17    (#2901) WE'RE COMING FOR YOU, PHIL!

4/6/17     (#2902) SCARED SPITLESS

4/13/17   (#2903) BUCKET LIST TYPE STUFF

Yes we know but thanks!

Claude found it for us last week: From the MEDIA Thread:

Titles for episode 2 are "Scared Spitless" and episode 3 "Bucket List Type Stuff", both to be aired on April 6 and 13.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/showatch/amazing-race/listings/
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #81 on: March 28, 2017, 02:37:25 AM »
Take this as a sign that it's a toss up between 1 or 2 seasons a year at this point.
We need another viral YouTube video like the watermelon one from season 17!
That's my view of the situation, whether it is one cycle or two for next season. CBS gambled that a fall series would falter and none did, and that put them in a scheduling bind with TAR this season. And I'm sure Mooves and the executive corps were hearing complaints about the TAR scheduling not only from fans, but from the international stations that carry US TAR at roughly the same time CBS airs it. It's very unusual scheduling for two two hour segments in the middle of the season, so it is clear CBS is having to do this because of their already established schedule for the summer series both scripted and unscripted.
 If CBS somehow doesn't renew TAR, I will cancel CBS AllAccess after TAR 29 finale. While I like some of the other CBS shows, I'll sacrifice those if need be as a protest. I am not happy about how season 29 was handled. That's the honest truth. And if we need another writing letters campaign at some point, I still have my notes saved on my notebook from the original one. JSYK.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #82 on: March 28, 2017, 12:07:25 PM »
2 double episodes is gonna be an overload, and since it's TAR, I'd say that's cool! :bunny

Meanwhile, the later time slot seems to go fine for me, as I don't have to wake up early anymore. :lol:

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #83 on: April 06, 2017, 06:58:33 PM »
According to Wikipedia, there is a double episode airing on the 20th of April!!!  :conf: :bunny

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #84 on: April 06, 2017, 08:45:45 PM »
We have that in Media I think.. or here lol..
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.